Author Topic: NADIN, Black African Activist, now Hippity Hop REporter!.  (Read 772 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
NADIN, Black African Activist, now Hippity Hop REporter!.
« on: April 14, 2015, 04:25:08 AM »
nadinbrzezinski (135,643 posts) http://upload.democraticunderground.com/118713794

The Criminalization of Rap

I do not think I need an introduction to this group. I could have continued for months to do research, there is more than I can swing a dead or live cat, or both at, and not come across, sadly.

April 13, 2015 (San Diego) As we sat in the courtroom during the Brandon Duncan hearing, when charges were dropped, we were dumbfounded. We heard the prosecution try to use the music from a rap album, released a year before the actual murders happened, that somehow benefited from a murder Duncan had nothing to do. For that matter he denied having any knowledge of the murders. So we had to ask? How common is this? Surely this not a normal practice. To our shock and dismay we found out that using rap lyrics is a normal practice both district attorneys and U.S. District Attorneys.

In a manual for local prosecutors we read:

Perhaps the most crucial element of a successful prosecution is introducing the jury to the real defendant. Invariably, by the time the jury sees the defendant at trial, his hair has grown out to a normal length, his clothes are nicely tailored, and he will have taken on the aura of an altar boy. But the real defendant is a criminal wearing a do- rag and throwing a gang sign. Gang evidence can take a prosecutor a long way toward introducing that jury to that person. Through photographs, letters, notes, and even music lyrics, prosecutors can invade and exploit the defendant’s true personality. Gang investigators should focus on these items of evidence during search warrants and arrests.

Thus here is the first piece of concrete evidence that this is common practice. The legal system is using the lyrics from rappers against them, in a court of law, Nor is this a new, or novel practice. This started in the 1990s, and has accelerated over the last 10 years.[/i]

http://reportingsandiego.com/2015/04/13/the-criminalization-of-rap/

:rotf:

Number23 (17,936 posts)
1. Any and everything associated with black culture and black people is criminalized or ghettoized

Until the millisecond white people start doing. Then it suddenly becomes ever so cool!!1

nadinbrzezinski (135,643 posts)
2. I am not sure about Rap, since it is very popular with white MS kids, and has been for a while.

But you are very correct. Things one finds out once one shuts up and well... LISTENS.

5. Of course, and we cannot talk of Rap as a single formeither... that be silly, but some folks only think of it as well gansta.

My BIL was telling me yesterday, as we talked of the piece, on how his teen age kids from a previous marriage, talked to each other as nigga, and homey and all that. Did I mention they are working class white kids? That was close to 20 years ago. (time flies)

Is the NADIN picking up a gansta speech pattern or is the NADIN just ****ing up the English Language as usual?

7. I know as I said, I have been doing extensive reading and listening.

That said, if I quote in an article actual lyrics, some of them do have this language. I also know where it is coming from. The kids don't, but it is coming from a well known principle of anthropology where words are adopted as a matter of pride, and the meaning changed.

3. Oh and cross posted to GD

where of course it has sunk... 

This shocks me in the least. 

It shocks me in the least as well!  :lmao:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
Re: NADIN, Black African Activist, now Hippity Hop REporter!.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 05:08:46 AM »
5. Of course, and we cannot talk of Rap as a single formeither... that be silly, but some folks only think of it as well gansta.

My BIL was telling me yesterday, as we talked of the piece, on how his teen age kids from a previous marriage, talked to each other as nigga, and homey and all that. Did I mention they are working class white kids? That was close to 20 years ago. (time flies)

What is a formeither?

Do that be silly or do that be retardant?
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 06:09:42 AM »
She is a freaking maniac, but at least this is keeping her distracted from starting "wildfires" that only she can cover as a reporter.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 06:46:06 AM »
nadinbrzezinski

The Criminalization of Rap

Gangsta = gangster. Gangster = criminal. If gNads, Girl Reporter had paid attention at her ESL classes, she'd know that.

I do not think I need an introduction to this group. I could have continued for months to do research, there is more than I can swing a dead or live cat, or both at, and not come across, sadly.

And a new job is added to her resume' - Cat Swinger.

She is a freaking maniac, but at least this is keeping her distracted from starting "wildfires" that only she can cover as a reporter.

If she stays true to form, she'll shoot up one of San Diego's ghettos in a drive-by, then waddle into the middle of the crime scene 'covering the story' for her blog.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:00:35 AM by Big Dog »
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.