Author Topic: Dems try to eliminate filibuster, then use it immediately  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Dems try to eliminate filibuster, then use it immediately
« on: January 14, 2022, 09:40:52 AM »
For the better part of a year now, Democrats have vehemently opposed the Senate’s filibuster rule. From the moment Joe Biden took office, there have been rumblings about abolishing it to do a number of things, from forcing through trillions in spending to rigging the 2022 election to stacking the Supreme Court. You know, to save democracy and such.

That push culminated in a visit to Capitol Hill yesterday by Joe Biden. The president was there to push for the abolishment of the filibuster yet again as part of a plan by Chuck Schumer to pass a “voting rights” bill making voter ID illegal, legalizing ballot harvesting, publicly funding campaigns, and handing state redistricting power to partisans in Washington, DC, among many other objectionable measures.

Predictably, that push failed. Kyrsten Sinema gave a surprise floor speech that officially ended any speculation she might vote to blow up the filibuster. Shortly after, Joe Manchin reiterated his opposition in a lengthy statement.

Per those on the left, including Democrat politicians, “white supremacy” had won because the filibuster is a “Jim Crow relic” only used by virulent racists. Don’t believe me? Just ask Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Hakeem Jeffries, and Ayanna Pressley

But then something incredible happened. Literally hours after the Democrats embarked on a major offensive to abolish the filibuster as a tool of racists everywhere, they then…used the filibuster. They didn’t just block any bill either. They did Russia’s Vladimir Putin a solid by blocking Ted Cruz’s bill to sanction the Nordstream 2 pipeline.

You couldn’t have scripted this any better, and I’m pretty sure Ted Cruz knew exactly what he was doing here. He timed things perfectly to once again show what rabid hypocrites the Democrats are. That the bill was stopped also represented a massive win for the Russians was just the cherry-on-top. The White House actually spent the last week lobbying for Putin in this case.

But remember, it’s Republicans who are soft on Russia. Meanwhile, Biden and his party continue to bend the knee, going so far as to green-light Germany making itself energy dependent on the very country that NATO exists to protect it from. Truly, yesterday was a banner day in exposing the Democrats for exactly what they are on essentially all major fronts. Throw in the prior day’s inflation report, and this has easily been the worst week of Biden’s presidency, and that’s saying something considering what happened in Afghanistan.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/14/something-incredible-happened-yesterday-after-democrats-demanded-an-end-to-the-filibuster-n506425
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Dems try to eliminate filibuster, then use it immediately
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 09:48:53 AM »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 10:58:29 AM »
Wow. Guaranteed this will get zero air time. Unless a mole posts it the DUmmies won’t even know about it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 11:44:57 AM »
Underlying the Dems' dishonesty is the probability that Cruz's bill would have passed with several Dems voting in favor of it.

This is also the second time in the past year that Dems gave Russia and Putin something huge: Biden ending sanctions against Nordstream2; Senate Dems blocking Cruz's Nordstream sanction bill.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 12:02:28 PM »
Underlying the Dems' dishonesty is the probability that Cruz's bill would have passed with several Dems voting in favor of it.

This is also the second time in the past year that Dems gave Russia and Putin something huge: Biden ending sanctions against Nordstream2; Senate Dems blocking Cruz's Nordstream sanction bill.

Hmmm....You'd think with all of the Democratic bitching about Trump and Putin being in cahoots to steal an election they would've been in favor of sanctions against Russia. Instead they do this? If I was a conspirIDIOCY theorist, I might think that Putin might have helped Brandon get elected.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 12:50:52 PM »

While I enjoy the moving goal posts analogy, being a golfer I enjoy the comparison that the pin/hole/flagstick wasn't where they told me.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »
I agree it was strategic for Cruz to put that bill into play just at the right time -- to force the Dems to reveal their hypocrisy (for the 137,436th time).

I'd posit that this bill will come to life again shortly after the mid-terms. Cruz has to be seen to be in the running for 2024 as a presidential candidate. And let's make no mistake about that -- Cruz will run, even against Trump.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 05:40:12 PM »
I agree it was strategic for Cruz to put that bill into play just at the right time -- to force the Dems to reveal their hypocrisy (for the 137,436th time).

I'd posit that this bill will come to life again shortly after the mid-terms. Cruz has to be seen to be in the running for 2024 as a presidential candidate. And let's make no mistake about that -- Cruz will run, even against Trump.

As much as I admire and respect President Trump, really don't think he should run in '24.  Sadly, his brand has been tarnished for the much of the country.  He isn't tarnished to many of us, but just looking at the long game and how libs/media have been on a 6-7 year rampage to try to destroy him.

For now, I'm on board with whomever runs, be it Senator Cruz, Mike Pompeo, Ron DeSantis, or someone of similar ilk.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 06:59:11 PM »
As much as I admire and respect President Trump, really don't think he should run in '24.  Sadly, his brand has been tarnished for the much of the country.  He isn't tarnished to many of us, but just looking at the long game and how libs/media have been on a 6-7 year rampage to try to destroy him.

For now, I'm on board with whomever runs, be it Senator Cruz, Mike Pompeo, Ron DeSantis, or someone of similar ilk.

I'm of the same mindset.  I heard some rumblings this week that Larry Elder is not going to take a run at governor of california this year to allow him room to explore a presidential run.  I'm not sure if Elder is ready for the top spot just yet but I would like to see a DeSantis/Elder ticket in 2024.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 09:15:56 PM »
They just do whatever is convenient.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 10:13:19 PM »
I'm of the same mindset.  I heard some rumblings this week that Larry Elder is not going to take a run at governor of california this year to allow him room to explore a presidential run.  I'm not sure if Elder is ready for the top spot just yet but I would like to see a DeSantis/Elder ticket in 2024.

^^^This.

Trump is also getting older -- If he ran, won, and took office in 2024, he'll be 78. That's getting up there.

Beyond that, there is plenty of room for MAGA. But the 2024 President DeSantis has the diplomatic skills, the communication skills, and an incredible ability to retain detail. He would be absolutely formidable in a presidential debate (if you can get that leftist "presidential debate committee" out of the way), and he gives it right back to the leftists (which includes the media) without resorting to mean tweets.

Trump paved the way, but I think he should be the "grandfather", exercise his skills in endorsing QUALITY candidates who won't be pussies, and hold his rallies frequently, which galvanizes the base.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2022, 08:10:45 AM »

No matter who ultimately runs, conservatives have a very deep bench of potential candidates.  Meanwhile, the libs are flailing about with which side of the party is running the show.  A perfect example is that this week they're talking about recycling and propping up Hillary yet again.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2022, 08:43:23 AM »
No matter who ultimately runs, conservatives have a very deep bench of potential candidates.  Meanwhile, the libs are flailing about with which side of the party is running the show.  A perfect example is that this week they're talking about recycling and propping up Hillary yet again.

Kinda surprising, given that the Dems had no fewer than 27 people run for president in 2020. Hillary was not among them. I would think that some of those might throw their hat in the ring again, especially if #SharterJoe stubs his toe and won't run because it hurts.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2022, 08:54:52 AM »
Kinda surprising, given that the Dems had no fewer than 27 people run for president in 2020. Hillary was not among them. I would think that some of those might throw their hat in the ring again, especially if #SharterJoe stubs his toe and won't run because it hurts.

I think he’s already accomplished that as evidenced by his poll numbers. He’s so far underwater I don’t think he can recover.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2022, 08:55:56 AM »

I think he’s already accomplished that as evidenced by his poll numbers. He’s so far underwater I don’t think he can recover.

KC

Agreed, but he hasn't thrown in the towel - yet. Jill won't let him.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2022, 11:48:58 AM »

KC

To be honest I don't think Brandon knows just how much he's disliked by the American people. The people who are actually running the show are keeping that information away from him.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 11:55:53 AM »
To be honest I don't think Brandon knows just how much he's disliked by the American people. The people who are actually running the show are keeping that information away from him.

The puppet doesn't need to know the audience's opinion of it. It just says and does what the puppeteer wants it to say and do in order to DISTRACT the audience.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2022, 12:27:36 PM »
all 27 candidates were goofy. None had presidential qualities. Fraud was the only reason they won.
If this is the only bench they can pull, we will rule forever (barring fraud).

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 03:19:10 PM »
all 27 candidates were goofy. None had presidential qualities. Fraud was the only reason they won.

No argument from me about them being goofy. Robert Francis O'Rourke perhaps being the poster child of goofy. Or maybe it was the real goofball Andrew Yang. Fauxcahontas wasn't goofy nearly as much as she was/is a liar. Bernie -- now THERE'S a wild, goofy nutbag who never saw a government handout he wouldn't take.

My point is, the Dems aren't stupid. They really aren't. A whole bunch of Dem shitbirds will sign on, many of them being full-blown leftist communists like de Blasio and Sanders, but then you've got the so-called "centrists" who are anything but.

My hackles rise up any time I hear someone say that Tulsi Gabbard is a conservative who doesn't yet realize it. They like to say, "Hey, she's not so bad. I kinda like her." And that's where the insidious part kicks in. Someone like Gabbard who is easy on the eyes, checks most (not all) of the Proglodyte boxes, debates well, and most importantly -- crosses over to the Indies -- THAT'S the one who is dangerous.

The Dems will be smarter next time around than they were in 2020. You can bank on it.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2022, 03:54:22 PM »

As a refresher, the Star Wars bar scene of clowns who ran:

Bernie Sanders
Kamala Harris
Joe Biden
Tulsi Gabbard
Elizabeth Warren
Andrew Yang
Mike Blooomberg
Amy Klobuchar
Pete Buttigieg
Tom Steyer
Deval Patrick
Cory Booker
Michael Bennett
John Delaney
Marianne Williamson
Julian Castro
Steve Bullock
Joe Sestak
Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke
Bill DiBlasio
Tim Ryan
Kirsten Gillebrand
Seth Moulton
Jay Inslee
John Hickenlooper
Mike Gravel
Eric Swallwell

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2022, 04:57:47 PM »
As a refresher, the Star Wars bar scene of clowns who ran:

Bernie Sanders
Kamala Harris
Joe Biden
Tulsi Gabbard
Elizabeth Warren
Andrew Yang
Mike Blooomberg
Amy Klobuchar
Pete Buttigieg
Tom Steyer
Deval Patrick
Cory Booker
Michael Bennett
John Delaney
Marianne Williamson
Julian Castro
Steve Bullock
Joe Sestak
Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke
Bill DiBlasio
Tim Ryan
Kirsten Gillebrand
Seth Moulton
Jay Inslee
John Hickenlooper
Mike Gravel
Eric Swallwell

And the Dems were making fun of the Republicans because 16 ran.

KC

*Stolen