Author Topic: Unrepairable minds  (Read 942 times)

Offline landofconfusion80

Unrepairable minds
« on: December 18, 2020, 10:13:28 PM »
babylonsister
America Is Coming Apart
https://politicalwire.com/2020/12/18/america-is-coming-apart/

America Is Coming Apart
December 18, 2020 at 10:50 pm EST By Taegan Goddard

Derek Thompson: “People ask me if I’m optimistic about 2021, and the answer is that, in a way, I’m ecstatically optimistic. The economy will reopen, and life will reopen. People will come out of their homes; they will send their kids to school; they will hug and kiss and live. But underneath the high tide of economic growth and social normalization, I think we’ll feel something else, an eerie undertow of isolation and anxiety.”

“The definition of community is ‘where you keep showing up,’” said someone I met, whose name I’ve forgotten, back in the days when it was normal to meet new people whose names you could forget. I haven’t forgotten that line, though: Community is where you keep showing up. What a lovely idea. But where do people keep showing up, these days? Nowhere. Not the office, not the COVID-aerosolized bars and gyms. A lot of people have spent a year finding community via a glowing screen in a room they never leave.”

“The empty bowling alleys and movie theaters; the infinity buffet of entertainment and partisan media; the dissolution of a shared American reality—these are distinct yet connected phenomena. Digital technology has spawned a choose-your-own-adventure mediascape, which has flooded the electorate with alternate realities, at the same time that its community ties wither. America is coming apart, and these pieces will not be easily reassembled.”

Irish_Dem
1. What will it be like when we start venturing out of our homes?
It will be like surveying the landscape after a bomb has been dropped.
Detached from reality years ago and nothing left but desperate hyperbole
JHB
2. The mediascape was a problem long before digital technology
The problem isn't so much the technology as it is the fact that only one side is exploiting it and has spent several decades catering to an audience.
Blind squirrel doesn't realize the acorn its stumbled upon

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214732743

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Unrepairable minds
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 09:05:05 PM »
Decent and civilized people have no reason to want to associate with the modern-day political left. If you want to ID the divide that will cause the fall, that’ll be it. No one worth anything wants to cooperate with the bile that both is spewed by and defines liberals.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 10:12:44 AM »
LOL!  What will it be like when we start venturing out of our homes?  My life hasn’t changed one bit. I can assure the DUmmie it looks the same as it always has.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »
LOL!  What will it be like when we start venturing out of our homes?  My life hasn’t changed one bit. I can assure the DUmmie it looks the same as it always has.

KC
Well, maybe a few more TRUMP flags flying than before...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 11:12:43 AM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 11:00:46 AM »

KC

Other than having to wear the damn masks after the city passed an ordinance mandating they be worn, or businesses and individuals can be fined, not much changed.

The only thing that really pissed me off is that our state's version of Hitler, closed all state parks and recreation areas for most of the spring and into early summer. That closed down the two main places that I like to fish, so I had to find other places.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 11:28:03 AM »
Other than having to wear the damn masks after the city passed an ordinance mandating they be worn, or businesses and individuals can be fined, not much changed.

The only thing that really pissed me off is that our state's version of Hitler, closed all state parks and recreation areas for most of the spring and into early summer. That closed down the two main places that I like to fish, so I had to find other places.

They tried the mask mandate down here and the cops refused to enforce it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 12:13:40 PM »

They tried the mask mandate down here and the cops refused to enforce it.

KC

The day after the mandate went into effect, there were two tickets and fines issued by the city police. This city is controlled by Democrats even though the city and county went strong for President Trump both times.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 12:40:30 PM »
Geez! DUmmieWorld-in-their-Bong is like a post-nuclear-apocalypse dystopian novel.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 01:02:09 PM »
I'm having a hard time imagining living close to a year within the confines of 4 walls.  That would take an immense amount of trust in their government "betters" and believing everything that appeared on the nightly news. Being "essential," It was clear early on that this was so much proverbial BS from day one and my overall staunch refusal to participate in mask compliance  has only met minimal pushback.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 04:23:03 PM »
I'm having a hard time imagining living close to a year within the confines of 4 walls.  That would take an immense amount of trust in their government "betters" and believing everything that appeared on the nightly news. Being "essential," It was clear early on that this was so much proverbial BS from day one and my overall staunch refusal to participate in mask compliance  has only met minimal pushback.

Yeah, I’ve only been asked to leave 4 places for not wearing a mask. I left and found someone who was more than happy to have my money. Tipped one of them 50%.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2020, 09:02:03 PM »

Yeah, I’ve only been asked to leave 4 places for not wearing a mask. I left and found someone who was more than happy to have my money. Tipped one of them 50%.

KC

Good for you!

Ran my gig last night and had a decent crowd. Don't wear the stupid face bra the entire time, but it is dangling from my ears.  In case a Karen comes into the place.

Had 2 beers afterwards and tipped the bartender $25. She and the bar owner are the people that are suffering through this ridiculousness. It isn't their fault that places have had to close or shorten hours due to this.

My little part, and sorry for the mini rant. :cheersmate:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender