Author Topic: the LAST STRAW: Gov. Daniels Wants to Abolish Public Unions!!  (Read 2429 times)

Offline formerlurker

daaron (428 posts)

View profile

the LAST STRAW: Gov. Daniels Wants to Abolish Public Unions!!
Come ON, liberal America! Are we going to let the Union Busters win? Are we going to let them KILL the SOUL of Worker's Rights - the first crack in the Class Wall that has existed since Sumeria? Michigan already has local fascist dictators (EMs). How far are we going to let this experiment go?

**** THAT! I'm going on a Pro-Union Binge. From now until the last Union has been crushed, it will be my daily goal to **** with the 1%, one way or another. There's no Union that will have me, but I got the message, loud and clear. This can't stand. Time for Pushback, people!

Know a union member? Talk to them. I will, too. How can we help? Money? Bodies? What?
Know a union buster? Poke them in the chest. Make them feel like dirt. Make them feel small and human. Bring them down to earth.
Know a corporation? Boycott it. Find every way you can to deprive every corporation of revenue. Let's see just how far the banks will let THEM ride.

-------

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/10/496956/republican-governor-calls-for-abolition-of-public-sector-unions/

Appearing this morning on Fox News Sunday, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels called for the elimination of public sector unions. Huffington Post reports: “Wallace… asked whether Daniels would like to see public-sector unions disappear entirely. ‘I think government works better without them, I really do,’ Daniels replied.” In 2005, Daniels signed an executive order that “eliminated collective bargaining rights for government workers.” As a result, workers in the state “receive lowers salaries and must pay higher health care costs.”

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002795547

Oh so this is the last straw?  I thought Wisconsin was the last straw.   Apparently there was more straw to be had.  Who knew?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: the LAST STRAW: Gov. Daniels Wants to Abolish Public Unions!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 09:34:43 AM »

:yahoo:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »
There's no Union that will have me, but I got the message, loud and clear.

:confused:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
This is going to get good.
DUmpmonkeys now have a new target to pant-hoot about.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »
Anyone got a mole to burn to post this?:

"The process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service," Roosevelt wrote in 1937 to the National Federation of Federal Employees. Yes, public workers may demand fair treatment, wrote Roosevelt. But, he wrote, "I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place" in the public sector. "A strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government." - FDR

Offline hillneck

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 10:16:27 AM »
daaron (428 posts)
Know a union buster? Poke them in the chest. Make them feel like dirt. Make them feel small and human. Bring them down to earth.

Looks like DUmmie Aaron is asking for people to tote an ass whuppin.  Going around poking people in the chest. 
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 10:28:27 AM »
daaron (428 posts)

Come ON, liberal America! Are we going to let the Union Busters win? Are we going to let them KILL the SOUL of Worker's Rights - the first crack in the Class Wall that has existed since Sumeria?

**** THAT! I'm going on a Pro-Union Binge. From now until the last Union has been crushed, it will be my daily goal to **** with the 1%, one way or another. 

This can't stand.

Time for Pushback, people!

Aren't they cute when they stamp their feet and throw their fit?

:lmao:

Your impotent rage is so very funny to watch...

Know a union buster? Poke them in the chest.

Son, I can't stand unions, especially unions that organize against taxpayers.  I can promise you that if you or one of your union thugs ever puts a finger into the chest of this old Sailor, I'll show you what the other end of it looks like.   ;)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 10:28:56 AM »
Good! Now maybe you left wing assholes will get the **** out of my beloved Hoosier State and go back to whatever lberal shithole you came from!

If you think Mitch Daniels is a hard ass... Just wait until Mike Pence is Governor!
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline oldcrow

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
:confused:

Bet it Can't pay its dues...Union could care less about you , unless you pay dues. That's what the DUmmies do not seem to grasp, the Union is a business.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures. - Daniel Webster

The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.  - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
Dude/dudet is gonna run out of fingers pretty quick.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »
Just wait until Mike Pence is Governor!

Can't wait for that day.  I'll be voting for him.  I can already hear some of them crying when Mike starts thumping them on the forehead.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 01:13:09 PM »
I love me some Governor Daniels!   :blowkiss:

Anyone pokes me in the chest is landing right in jail.  Followed by a permanent home on the sexual assault blacklist. 

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »
They can finger poke me on the chest just as long as they don't mind me fist pokng them on their nose.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »
I would hazard that, whatever we write of them in fun, most of the DUmmies ARE in fact taxpayers. And they lecture us about supposedly "voting against our own interests." Runaway public sector unions are no friend to the average taxpayer! Can they be so foolish that they can't see that?

As for chest poking--anyone ever see "3 O'Clock High"? 'Cos that's what'll be happening to any finger poking my chest. Snap. That's if I'm in a good mood, DUmmies. If I'm in a bad mood, you might get it torn off.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »
An analog for public unions, perhaps?

Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »
most of the DUmmies ARE in fact taxpayers. And they lecture us about supposedly "voting against our own interests."

Well, I don't know about "most."  But, yes, witness Old Don grouching about his sky-high Illinois taxes, fretting about how he's going to pay them.  The increase was brutal to a retiree.  Talk about a catfood moment.  Friskie's Salmon Pate.  Brought to you by the Demokrats. 

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »
 The movie "The Sunshine Boys" just poped in to my head with Matthau screaming "He keeps giving me the fiiiinger!!"

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 05:14:37 AM »
Does the raving jackass know that FDR was against PEUs?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 05:29:15 AM »
Unions are as useless as teats on a boar hog.  Those in the fed agencies are especially so.  Full of the lowest bottom feeders alive and cater to the psychotic and unproductive.  Yet, DUmmies just keep giving their masters part of their pay.

In my home county in Appalachia folks fought to get unions in decades past.  Most all regretted that later.