Author Topic: Should a reduction of police funding depend on gun law reform.  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100213611085

Here's a genius idea  ::)

janterry (3,239 posts)

Should a reduction of police funding depend on gun law reform.

About 30% of all Americans own a gun. It seems to me that reducing the police (via some defunding) should also come with a reduction of fire arms (especially hand guns).

I am all for having a police force that is less armed and more proactive. However, I want that to come with gun law reform.

Wow!  Get rid of the cops then disarm the law abiding so they can't defend themselves.  Talk about making your everyday Joe a sitting duck for any and all that wants to do him/her harm.

jimfields33 (3,173 posts)

1. Hand guns?

I’m not sure that would be popular anywhere. Semi-auto machine guns and others like that is what they will go with.

janterry (3,239 posts)

4. Here in my little town

people were saying that instead of police being called out to deal with domestic 'arguments' (that's what they called it), we should send in social workers.

I am a social worker.

I am also not stupid, lol. (As in, don't send me!)

A few years ago when we lived in a city down south (Tallahassee, FL), in our neighborhood a neighbor walked next door because he heard a domestic argument.

The abusive boyfriend shot and killed the man who wanted to help.

We're such a convoluted (my opinion) country. I'd love the police to not even carry guns, frankly. But our citizenry is often armed.

That's EXACTLY what your side is saying.  Take the money from the police and give it to people like you to go take care of these issues.  You're a prime example of why this is a bad idea.

And thanks for showing your colors on how you feel about my country.  I'm quite sure things like that never happen in any other country on this planet.  You're the best and brightest?  Really?  LOL  Ok.

hack89 (38,440 posts)

2. You will not see major gun control legislation for the foreseeable future.

The Dems want to win and hold the Senate. Too many red/purple states we have to win in to make gun control an issue.

janterry (3,239 posts)

5. Damn shame

n/t

After the weeks of watching absolute animals out roaming the streets doing unspeakable things and you think it's a damn shame that we can protect ourselves without needing to wait for the police while someone is actively pounding our doors down, breaking out the car window to drag you into the street to let the mob beat you to death, etc, and you think it's a "damn shame" the government won't disarm me.  Pound sand loser.  (in DUmmie speak "Pound sand looser")  Wouldn't want to confuse the DU readers.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Re: Should a reduction of police funding depend on gun law reform.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 08:36:35 AM »
So ........ tightening gun laws will result in criminals handing in their guns and a reduction in crime, enabling partial defunding of the police? In what inverted parallel clowniverse?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 08:47:19 AM »
Current bail/bond policies have reduced or no bail and the jails/prisons being emptied because of Covid-19. New policies want to reduce the number of police while the number of criminals out on the street are going to be higher than ever. Now this DUmmie wants to prevent people from protecting themselves with a handgun.

My response? GFY  :bird:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 08:57:59 AM »
Quote from: Texacon
After the weeks of watching absolute animals out roaming the streets doing unspeakable things and you think it's a damn shame that we can protect ourselves without needing to wait for the police while someone is actively pounding our doors down, breaking out the car window to drag you into the street to let the mob beat you to death, etc, and you think it's a "damn shame" the government won't disarm me.  Pound sand loser.  (in DUmmie speak "Pound sand looser")  Wouldn't want to confuse the DU readers.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 09:07:36 AM »
The idea of liberal social workers getting killed trying to mediate domestic disputes I find to be amusing. Sometimes the best hope is when libs have to confront the results of their own twisted values. Although admittedly, the overwhelming majority of them still can’t seem to figure it out.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 09:20:11 AM »
There have been record gun sales over the past few months due to the panicdemic and then the mob violence. The gun control issue is not going the way gun grabbers would like it to.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 09:33:34 AM »
antifa and BLM have effectively killed gun control. EVERYONE knows they could be on their own at any moment.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 11:21:03 AM »
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

6hrs if you are unfortunate enough to live in CHAD.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 11:24:44 AM »
jimfields33 (3,173 posts)

1. Hand guns?

I%u2019m not sure that would be popular anywhere. Semi-auto machine guns and others like that is what they will go with.

What a coincidence I was just bidding on a semi-auto machine gun on the interweb. I ended up passing on it when I found out that it did not have the 100 round clip and was also not made of 3D printed plastic so I could get it through airport security.  ::)

It did have the bayonet lug and silencer though so that was good.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 11:56:20 AM »
You don't reform freedom, you diminish it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 12:47:31 PM »
Semi-auto machine guns
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How F**KING stupid is that guy? :thatsright: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Lets just defund the police and give the $$$$$ to the criminals so they won't have to commit any more crimes. They can also sell their guns back and have money to go into bidness.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 12:58:33 PM »
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How F**KING stupid is that guy? :thatsright: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Lets just defund the police and give the $$$$$ to the criminals so they won't have to commit any more crimes. They can also sell their guns back and have money to go into bidness.

Hey, if they want to ban "semi auto machine guns" I'm good with it.  I'll even help them get it passed.  There's only one caveat I would add to it.

It absolutely has to be the last gun control legislation they 'shoot' for!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 01:31:49 PM »
That is some really funny shit there indicating a total detachment from reality (unless one of you guys is poking the ant hill).

1. No more police.
2. No more guns for protection.
3. ??????
4. Unicorn safety slave Utopia.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 03:54:39 PM »
What a coincidence I was just bidding on a semi-auto machine gun on the interweb. I ended up passing on it when I found out that it did not have the 100 round clip and was also not made of 3D printed plastic so I could get it through airport security.  ::)

It did have the bayonet lug and silencer though so that was good.

But did it have heat seeking plastic bullets or a shoulder thing that goes up?
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 06:11:13 PM »
Cut down the cops AND cut down the defensive weapons.  Oh, that will work out just peachy.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 06:38:41 PM »
But did it have heat seeking plastic bullets or a shoulder thing that goes up?

No heat seeking bullets but it is the super duper powerful .223 which I have on good authority will blow a hole the size of a baseball while tumbling right through an engine block.  Assault rifle 15 > Assault rifle 10.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 03:55:49 AM »
No heat seeking bullets but it is the super duper powerful .223 which I have on good authority will blow a hole the size of a baseball while tumbling right through an engine block.  Assault rifle 15 > Assault rifle 10.

Actually, an AR-10 is only 2/3 as powerful, mechanically, as an AR-15. Also, .308 goes into 5.56 18.05 times, therefore, a 5.56 is 18.05 times as powerful as a .308.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 07:39:00 AM »
Actually, an AR-10 is only 2/3 as powerful, mechanically, as an AR-15. Also, .308 goes into 5.56 18.05 times, therefore, a 5.56 is 18.05 times as powerful as a .308.

Science!!
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 08:28:14 AM »

:lmao:

^5!

KC

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »

Do not be surprised to see this analysis soon on NBC or CNN lying media.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.