Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Psych

• Probationary (Probie)
Hello
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »
Hi, my name's Mark, I live in Sacramento with my wife and four-year-old son. I have a bachelor's in physics, but with the economy in the gutter I'm looking into returning to school for a masters'. Although I'm not much for political debates themselves, I'm very interested in people and why they think the way that they do.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:10:45 PM »
Hi, Mark. :couch:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »
you seem to be running this same poll in more than one forum, Mark.

Offline Psych

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »
you seem to be running this same poll in more than one forum, Mark.
I couldn't do it any other way. I'm trying to get a broad range of responses - I'm finding it's very easy to find liberals on the Internet, and I really want a good sample of liberals, conservatives, libertarians, and moderates. By the way, which other forum do you post at?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
I couldn't do it any other way. I'm trying to get a broad range of responses - I'm finding it's very easy to find liberals on the Internet, and I really want a good sample of liberals, conservatives, libertarians, and moderates. By the way, which other forum do you post at?

Have you tried Democratic Underground yet?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 09:44:11 PM »
Have you tried Democratic Underground yet?

That would be interesting.  Good luck with that one.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Psych

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 09:57:43 PM »
Please no.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »
Please no.

Psych, you need to understand that this forum has had a rash of leftist libs who professed to pose questions in all innocence, just to gauge the mood of the members on the forum on any number of issues - most of them contentious, of course.

In most of these cases, the discussion escalated into an all-out brawl in which the poster who professed to come here in all sweetness and light really had an agenda to push - and when that agenda was quickly discovered, all hell broke loose.

Still other posters come here much like you have - wanting to present a survey or a query of some kind which, more often than not, is poorly written, biased in the extreme, and otherwise not worth the effort.

Somebody made a suggestion on your other thread to post your survey via link in the blogs sub-forum.

It might be best to do it that way.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Psych

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 10:24:23 PM »
Psych, you need to understand that this forum has had a rash of leftist libs
Ah, say no more. I was actually waiting in the blogs forum to get a sense that people were willing to take my survey, but haven't yet - now I know why!

I genuinely do believe that psychologists have skewed research results against Conservatives and can cite specific instances where this has been the case for years (for example, Wilson ignored statistically signifiant correlations between conservatism and a preference for intellectual professions), but I'm really not here to antagonize anyone. Unless I get a clear go ahead in the other thread, I'll just leave.

Offline Psych

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 10:50:20 PM »
...OK, thanks anyway.