Author Topic: Checking In  (Read 15879 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Checking In
« on: January 07, 2008, 08:30:22 PM »
What a coincidence.  I was just lurking at Kev's OTHER site (the military one).  I don't think I fit in there... I'm a civilian.   :(

For what it's worth, I'm here.  At least for a few minutes.  Still effin' blind and its making me dizzy.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline morningAngel

Re: Checking In
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »
hey Chris welcome..
oh and about that eye thing...my eyes used to do that..get me all blurry and dizzy..I quit eating the worm at the bottom of the bottle of tequila and it cleared right up, you might wanna try that  :uhsure:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »
I don't need alchohol right now.  The room is spinning and I haven't had a drop. 

I'm not enjoying this, but the doc cleared me to go back to work.  Back to the grindstone.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 08:41:24 PM »
Hi Chris! Welcome.  :cheersmate:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
Glad to see you here, Chris! Welcome!  :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 08:44:22 PM »
So is this gonna be another one of those boards with five guests and fifty moderators?   :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 08:44:47 PM »
Wow Chris your vision is still that blurry?  I'm sorry.  Glad that you are here though.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 08:50:39 PM »
Wow Chris your vision is still that blurry?  I'm sorry.  Glad that you are here though.
The gas bubble the doc put in is slowly shrinking, but it shakes and jiggles every time I move.  I have my peripheral vision but the jiggling is making me dizzy.

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 08:52:21 PM »
Hi Chris!   :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 08:53:33 PM »
So is this gonna be another one of those boards with five guests and fifty moderators?   :-)

:hammer:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 08:57:13 PM »
The gas bubble the doc put in is slowly shrinking, but it shakes and jiggles every time I move.  I have my peripheral vision but the jiggling is making me dizzy.

I remember what it was like when I had a terrible case of UVeitis.  I ended up having to have a shot in my right eye because of it.  It was like I was looking through a window that was covered in vaseline.  It felt like I had an abscess in my eye, it took months to get over it completely.  It was the worst experience in my life so far (knock on wood), and I've had a lot of shitty medical things happen to me.  I feel for you.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 09:03:13 PM »
I remember what it was like when I had a terrible case of UVeitis.  I ended up having to have a shot in my right eye because of it.  It was like I was looking through a window that was covered in vaseline.  It felt like I had an abscess in my eye, it took months to get over it completely.  It was the worst experience in my life so far (knock on wood), and I've had a lot of shitty medical things happen to me.  I feel for you.
That's pretty much how the vitrectomy went.  I got local and general anesthesia for that but it's still a horrible feeling.  It was less painful than the first operation (stitches) but it's taking forever to go away.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »
Greetings, Chris  :cheersmate:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 09:20:25 PM »
What a coincidence.  I was just lurking at Kev's OTHER site (the military one).  I don't think I fit in there... I'm a civilian.   :(

For what it's worth, I'm here.  At least for a few minutes.  Still effin' blind and its making me dizzy.

Yeah, some of those pics in NSFW will do that to you.   :-)

Welcome to another TN resident.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 09:47:38 PM »

Welcome, and you would fit in just fine at milnet, there are many civilians there.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »
Heidi Ho (she's all the board administration you will ever need)
:cheersmate: :drunksailor:

I tried to make this as easy to read as possible.  Sorry about your continued eye stuff.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »

Lot's of civilians there, Chris. The qualifier being a supporter of the military.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »
Welcome, bud!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 10:46:55 PM »
Gracias. 

I recognize most of the folks here.   :cheersmate:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »
Hiya Chris and welcome to CC.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"