Author Topic: Howdy everyone  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
Howdy everyone
« on: July 06, 2009, 03:47:13 PM »
Hello all,

I am Alex from Texas, though I typically go by Ronald Reagan (whenever the username is available).  I am a college student at the University of Texas at Ausin, though I am a Republican unlike many of my classmates.  I am also straight, unlike many of my classmates.  I am just branching out to meet new people and get the hard to find Republican's point of view on many of the issues that are presented in every day news broadcasts.  God knows the Liberal perspective is not hard to come by.  With that, tally ho, and I hope to talk to you soon.  :)

Alex
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Howdy everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 04:41:47 PM »
Well you have come to the right place for that. Welcome!  :cheersmate:

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 04:44:47 PM »
indeed, it seems that I have.  Thanks mate
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
I'm sorry that you have to put up with all of the progressives at UT. Of course, you COULD have chosen a BETTER college.......

Gig 'em Aggies !!!

Welcome...........    :fuelfire:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »
I would have probably fit in at A&M better; however, they are just not as well-known for what I want to do... so... yeah. 
- Ronald Reagan

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 05:36:47 PM »
Hi. Welcome fellow Texas alumni. I went to UT Austin as a college student.  :cheersmate:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 05:41:40 PM »
Oh, nice!  What year did you graduate?
- Ronald Reagan

Offline Flame

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 08:13:47 PM »
Welcome!  :cheersmate:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 08:20:28 PM »
Welcome Alex!!!! You're a rare find in Austin :-)

You'll love it here!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »
I am very much enjoying it here.  I have actually seen a lot of people with their location set as Texas.  It's a good change of pace from you usual swamping of New York and California tags found elsewhere on the internet. 

Not that I have anything against those states, it's just a good change of pace.
- Ronald Reagan

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 11:39:52 PM »
Oh, nice!  What year did you graduate?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 11:46:09 PM »
Oh, not that long ago then.  Do you follow their football team?  It looks to be a very interesting upcoming year.  Shipley over the middle, baby!  woot woot!
- Ronald Reagan