Author Topic: Dumpster down ?  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Airedale

• Probationary (Probie)
Dumpster down ?
« on: June 21, 2009, 08:22:15 PM »
Anybody try posting or going there  there in the past 30 minutes ?

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Dumpster down ?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 08:29:39 PM »
Yes, it's down.  They're cleaning up Little Goon droppings.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 08:31:44 PM »
If you all didn't constantly go over there, the place wouldn't crash. It's the VRWC's fault.  :-)
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 08:34:52 PM »
If you all didn't constantly go over there, the place wouldn't crash. It's the VRWC's fault.  :-)

I usually look at it once a day.  I like to see what's the outrage-of-the-moment.  Their pain sustains me.

Offline Airedale

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 08:40:31 PM »
Thanks for the info. I was watching a thread where the Iranians were being shot down and some new guy showed up to say they had no 2nd amendment right to bear arms.....Only one post reply called him a freeper but the rest seemed to realize there is a valid point in the general public protecting themselves FROM the government.

hopefully , a few more will wake up and stop posting their mindless drivel about the NRA keeping the 2nd amendment in the  bill of rights where it needs to be...in the hands of the public to protect themselves from all enemies both foreign and domestic

Offline Airedale

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
on a side not, I've noticed Judy Lynn has been less vocal about her  amigo, Hugo and his antics.  Could Judy be looking over the rims of her rose colored goggles? :lmao:

Offline DULurkster

• Just Off Probation
  • Call DULurkster bad names... he hates that.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 10:11:24 PM »
Don't know if this is stale news or not.

symbolman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jun-21-09 10:25 PM
Original message
A bunch of us DU'rs were all hanging out on Twitter during DU outage

Edited on Sun Jun-21-09 10:27 PM by symbolman
And it was quite fun.. Think about joining for backup if nothing else..

One of our Bretheran here has created a hashtag #demund which can be used on Twitter to find other DU'rs and make instant contact, and get lots of followers real fast..

It's more fun than you might think :)

C'mon in, the Bird Bacon's fine!

PS - I'm called Symbolman there as well, and I follow..

peacetalksforall  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jun-21-09 10:51 PM
Response to Reply #17
26. OK, I'm not a twitterer. I clicked on your line tweetdeck and it went crazy.

Edited on Sun Jun-21-09 10:52 PM by peacetalksforall
Suonded like morse code where one shipmate is trying to tell a shipmate on another ship to get out of the way of a torpedo. Tap tap tap - a hundred more time faster sound than I have ever heard. I closed it fast. Was that normal? Any place for first graders? I need elementary entrance stuff.

I told myself that I would never become a twitterer, but hearing about twitter as a back up to some entity not letting me use the internet makes me sit up and listen.

How did that afternoon/evening sesson get started - how did people know where to go?

Duer 157099  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jun-21-09 10:55 PM
Response to Reply #26
32. Here's all you need to remember: #DemUnd

#demund typed just like that into your message will "go" to the place where DUers hang out -- actually, what it really does is goes to a "search results" page for all posts that contain the #demund expression. It's memorable enough and yet mostly meaningless to anyone else so that not many are likely to accidentally stumble there (unlike might be the case with, for example, #du)

Hope that helps
"...a little rebellion now and then is a good thing. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."
-- Benjamin Franklin

What you don't know won't hurt you. It'll kill you. -- Maj. Gen. Gerald Prather (U.S.A.F., retired)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »
I guess satan is out of the bathroom.  DU is in business again.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 05:20:16 AM »
Getting Page Load Error when trying to navigate from their front page to any forum.  It's the fault of all those stingy non-donor posters!  Call the WH NOW!

Offline Airedale

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 09:18:07 AM »
Getting Page Load Error when trying to navigate from their front page to any forum.  It's the fault of all those stingy non-donor posters!  Call the WH NOW!
LOL

The site has gone down again today !

Seems to me they have  fewer active members posting and yes, many who tried to impose their will AND did not contribute have vacated the stinkhole.

Maybe the WH is 'watching" them and ready to shut them down for being  :loser:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 09:23:10 AM »

Personally, whenever you log onto a DU page, I think it should give you a PANT LOAD error.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »
Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)             Thu Jun-25-09 01:46 PM
Original message
We have been having some problems with our firewall, which are causing connectivity problems for DU.   

Edited on Thu Jun-25-09 01:47 PM by Skinner
As you are probably aware, we have had intermittent problems this week where the site has not been accessible for minutes or hours at a time. It appears that we are experiencing some sort of hardware problem with our firewall, in which it unexpectedly resets. We have been able to bring the site back by contacting our ISP and having them do a hard reboot of the firewall. But the fact that it has happened repeatedly is obviously cause for concern.

Our ISP has looked into the problem, and they have recommended replacing the firewall. We will probably swap in a new one sometime this afternoon, during which time the site will not be available. I do not know how long it will take to make the switch. After the new firewall is installed, it may take a while for us to get it properly configured -- we get lots and lots of traffic, so we need to make sure everything is set up for maximum performance.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Skinner
DU Administrator
A veiled plea for more money?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 03:25:49 PM »
Fundraiser up ahead!!!!!!!!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »
Fundraiser up ahead!!!!!!!!!!

A fundraiser in this horrible Obama economy?  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »
Are these things, "firewalls," expensive?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
Are these things, "firewalls," expensive?

I wouldn't think so, but it sounds like they are talking about a "physical" firewall with with built in software.  Most routers provide some firewall protection, and even Windows has a built in software firewall.