Author Topic: What type of restrictions might the Judge put on Donald Trump?  (Read 418 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member kentuck (108,868 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217783360

What type of restrictions might the Judge put on Donald Trump?

Especially since he may be charged with a felony, according to most reports?

Will he prohibit him from traveling to other states, for rallies, for example?

Will he prohibit his incendiary comments on Truth Social?

Will he be warned about threatening the Judge and the Prosecutors, and polluting the jury pool?

Will he be held in contempt if he breaks the rules set by the Judge?

Will he be told that he will be presumed innocent until a jury rules otherwise, and that he will be treated the same as any other defendant?

Will he be released on his own recognizance?

:whatever:

I wouldn't put it past Bragg to ask for no bail and pre-trial confinement due to a flight risk. Possibly a gag order.

Who knows what will happen...

Star Member gab13by13 (15,729 posts)

1. The main ones would be

if he attacked the judge and/or the jury pool.

No bail.

Star Member TreasonousBastard (42,152 posts)

2. Can judges order ball gags?

Star Member gab13by13 (15,729 posts)

3. Kentuck, we may find out quickly,

if Trump decides to hold a press conference right after he is indicted.

Star Member kentuck (108,868 posts)

6. I think the Judge will warn him.

I don't think he will obey the Judge. Then, the Judge will have to decide the appropriate punishment. Contempt of court or home restriction or something else?

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: What type of restrictions might the Judge put on Donald Trump?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 10:12:16 AM »
 :jerkit:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 11:14:12 AM »
Star Moron DUm**** (108,868 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217783360

What type of restrictions might the Judge put on Donald Trump?

Especially since he may be charged with a felony, according to most reports?

Will he prohibit him from traveling to other states, for rallies, for example?

Will he prohibit his incendiary comments on Truth Social?

Will he be warned about threatening the Judge and the Prosecutors, and polluting the jury pool?

Will he be held in contempt if he breaks the rules set by the Judge?

Will he be told that he will be presumed innocent until a jury rules otherwise, and that he will be treated the same as any other defendant?

Will he be released on his own recognizance?

In all honesty DUm****, I could see Deh EEE-BIL Orange Man's attornies having a field day if Bragg's hand-picked judge leftist scum activist tried to impose any of those. The first point that would be raised is that since Mr. Trump is not a RESIDENT of the state of Spew Yuck, prohibiting him from travelling outside of the leftist shit hole of Spew Yuck falls under the constitutionally prohibited category of UNREASONABLE.

And Mr. Bragg would proceed into further embarrassment from there...  :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 11:35:03 AM »
The more restrictions placed on Trump, the more evident it will be that this is political, since he is in the midst of a campaign.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 01:32:20 PM »
If President Trump is such a terrible guy you'd think the leftists would be encouraging him to talk all he wants and to spread his message far and wide thus exposing himself for the terrible guy that he supposedly is.  Instead they only want to muzzle him by any means necessary.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 01:34:29 PM »
I'm surprised no DUmmie has yet posed this question: Can the judge bar him from saying bad things about Joe Biden?

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 11:09:34 PM »
There are ways to get around a gag-order.  We'll see them in action... or not, if Trump's attorney's work them to their advantage by shutting down all media-access.

The media-dummies think that a gag-order will stifle campaign-rallies.  But a jury has orders barring them from listening-to campaign-speeches. 

Helllpp, Your Honor...  I watched a Trump Rally and he said something that influenced meee...

Trump wasn't going to comment on the minutia of a trial at a Rally anyway.  But if he feels inclined to go Inside Baseball over something outrageous about the trial, big banana-boat deal.  He gets it out there.  We learn about it.  What.  Are the Campaign-donations gonna stop?  Ooo, Contempt Of Court, everybody... 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 07:29:30 AM »
Dems and leftists in general for some reason have concluded that Trump heads an ideological movement and with him gone the movement dies. Well, first of all, he doesn't head any movement. He never has. Second, if he were to die today, it wouldn't end good Americans opposition to leftist ideology. Any movement of which they reference has been around longer than Trump has been alive and will continue long after he's gone or any other figure they wish to attach is gone. The only thing they can truly count on is that their ideology will collapse, just as it has throughout history. Evil always falls. Someone else eventually comes along and believes they can "do it better this time" (the old notion that the USSR was a great idea run by the wrong people), but the story remains the same for leftists.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 08:57:28 AM »
Has kt heard of the term "Change of Venue"? If so, why does he want the judge to give justifications for Trump's CoV motion?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 10:22:52 AM »
Has kt heard of the term "Change of Venue"? If so, why does he want the judge to give justifications for Trump's CoV motion?

I'd love to see a change of venue to oklahoma (in which not one county voted for gropey) then watch the left go nuts.

However, there is no way a judge will allow a change of venue when he can force things to happen in NYC where there is a 100% chance of conviction, regardless of facts..
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2023, 10:35:16 AM »
Dems and leftists in general for some reason have concluded that Trump heads an ideological movement and with him gone the movement dies. Well, first of all, he doesn't head any movement. He never has. Second, if he were to die today, it wouldn't end good Americans opposition to leftist ideology. Any movement of which they reference has been around longer than Trump has been alive and will continue long after he's gone or any other figure they wish to attach is gone. The only thing they can truly count on is that their ideology will collapse, just as it has throughout history. Evil always falls. Someone else eventually comes along and believes they can "do it better this time" (the old notion that the USSR was a great idea run by the wrong people), but the story remains the same for leftists.

Leftists assume we are as centralized and controlled top-down as they are.

The irony is that, if that were true, Donald Trump would never have been even the Republican nominee, much less President.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 01:18:52 PM »
Leftists assume we are as centralized and controlled top-down as they are.

The irony is that, if that were true, Donald Trump would never have been even the Republican nominee, much less President.

Yep. They'd be complaining about the eee-vils of the Jebby Bush Empire...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus