Author Topic: Millions of veterans are going to die because of Trump - Hopalong  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028431807

TheMastersNemesis (6,411 posts)

VETS GET READY TO LOSE YOUR CARE & Pensions - GOP/Trump Ready To Dismantle VA And Vets HC.
Republicans are planning a blitzkrieg to destroy all our basic systems before anyone can stop them.

The American Legion, VFW, et al could have buried the GOP and that bastard Trump, but they remained silent and their members supported Trump for all practical purposes. Now you will likely be put in a privatized system where vets care is triaged based on profits. The regular health care system CANNOT POSSIBLY help these vets and they will be abandoned.

Vets care in the future will be based on what it costs to help and maintain wounded and disabled vets. Vets with really special needs will be put in the general population to fend for themselves because the private system will be a profit model system that will just let people die based on cost to save them.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE THE OUTRAGE. WE SHOULD BE STORMING GOPPERS LOCAL OFFICES AND SHUTTING THEM DOWN FOR EVEN DARING TO PURSUE THESE POLICIES.

Bob, Bob, Bob. If you'd care to actually, you know, read the policy proposal to HELP vets, you'd see you're completely and totally wrong. Of course, I know you will NEVER educate yourself because if you did, you'd see you're completely wrong.

More drivel at the link.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: Millions of veterans are going to die because of Trump - Hopalong
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 05:53:49 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028431807

Bob, Bob, Bob. If you'd care to actually, you know, read the policy proposal to HELP vets, you'd see you're completely and totally wrong. Of course, I know you will NEVER educate yourself because if you did, you'd see you're completely wrong.

More drivel at the link.

I'm pretty sure that my VFW magazine pretty much stated the same thing that you're saying.  They'll never read it and even if they did they would still feel the same way.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 06:09:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure that my VFW magazine pretty much stated the same thing that you're saying.  They'll never read it and even if they did they would still feel the same way.

Trump is not advocating closing the VA. He understands that in many areas, the VA is uniquely qualified to help vets. Think PTSD, prosthetics and so on.

Trumps idea is to give all vets with a valid VA medical card, basically a credit card they can use at ANY facility IF they can't get a timely appointment at the VA OR the nearest VA hospital is too far away.

Not too long ago, a 76 (?) year old vet walked into a VA hospital begging to meet with a mental health professional. He was told, basically, "not today". He went out to the parking lot and blew his brains out.

Now, imagine if that same vet had the ability to consult a local professional immediately, with a VA credit card. Would the outcome have changed? Who knows. But the important thing is, the option would have been there.

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »

More drivel at the link.
Hopalong knows he is wrong. The lie simply furthers the agenda.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »
Sure thing..

Tell me, which administration suggested giving Grandma a pain pill instead of proper treatment to lower costs ?

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:44:22 PM »
American Legion, VFW, et al

:rotf:

Have NEVER influenced my vote.  Not in the least.  My vote corresponding with their endorsement is 100% pure coincidence.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:50:21 PM »
:rotf:

Have NEVER influenced my vote.  Not in the least.  My vote corresponding with their endorsement is 100% pure coincidence.

Exactly the same way union votes in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania went to Pickles Von Cankles.

Wait. Nevermind.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 06:51:59 PM »
Since when did facts or reality matter to TMN?

He needs stupid predictions like this one thrown in his face every January 21st, starting in in 2018, demanding to know where the corpses are, where the detention camps are, etc., etc., etc.. With reminders to his fellow DU-fools that they tolerated and cheered on his @#$%.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 07:05:04 PM »
Since when did facts or reality matter to TMN?

He needs stupid predictions like this one thrown in his face every January 21st, starting in in 2018, demanding to know where the corpses are, where the detention camps are, etc., etc., etc.. With reminders to his fellow DU-fools that they tolerated and cheered on his @#$%.

ol' Bob's getting pretty boring.

His wife Clara Belle needs to go to jail for "elder abuse;" she knows her husband is mentally incompetent and makes an ass of himself on the internet, but yet she doesn't take the computer away from him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 07:18:30 PM »

VETS GET READY TO LOSE YOUR CARE & Pensions - GOP/Trump Ready To Dismantle VA And Vets HC.

Personally I think this is a good thing if the GOP would put something better in place for the vets than the VA.

The VA tried their best to kill my Dad. Multiple times. When they wasn't doing that they tried to cut his foot off cause he shattered his ankle.  **** the VA.  Send the welfare losers to the VA and send the vets to the regular hospitals.  The vets gave to their country, many gave their lives, and you dummies have never given to this country, only taken.  Get your socialized health care from the VA and die.

It is shameful how this country treats their vets.   :banghead:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 08:45:46 PM »
Trump is not advocating closing the VA. He understands that in many areas, the VA is uniquely qualified to help vets. Think PTSD, prosthetics and so on.

Trumps idea is to give all vets with a valid VA medical card, basically a credit card they can use at ANY facility IF they can't get a timely appointment at the VA OR the nearest VA hospital is too far away.

Not too long ago, a 76 (?) year old vet walked into a VA hospital begging to meet with a mental health professional. He was told, basically, "not today". He went out to the parking lot and blew his brains out.

Now, imagine if that same vet had the ability to consult a local professional immediately, with a VA credit card. Would the outcome have changed? Who knows. But the important thing is, the option would have been there.

You misunderstood, I was agreeing with you.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 09:13:47 PM »

This seems extremely sensible to me.  As long as there are no stupid "nautical miles" rules.  Can't we just keep shit simple from now on? 

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 09:20:43 PM »

Republicans are planning a blitzkrieg to destroy all our basic systems before anyone can stop them.

The American Legion, VFW, et al could have buried the GOP and that bastard Trump, but they remained silent and their members supported Trump for all practical purposes. Now you will likely be put in a privatized system where vets care is triaged based on profits. The regular health care system CANNOT POSSIBLY help these vets and they will be abandoned.

Vets care in the future will be based on what it costs to help and maintain wounded and disabled vets. Vets with really special needs will be put in the general population to fend for themselves because the private system will be a profit model system that will just let people die based on cost to save them.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE THE OUTRAGE. WE SHOULD BE STORMING GOPPERS LOCAL OFFICES AND SHUTTING THEM DOWN FOR EVEN DARING TO PURSUE THESE POLICIES.

Looks like someone is going for 2017 DOTY.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 02:03:06 AM »
Welcome to the DUmp, where expanding access to healthcare benefits for veterans is somehow magically taking away healthcare benefits for veterans.

:mental:

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 04:26:35 AM »
You misunderstood, I was agreeing with you.

I know you were agreeing. I just pointed out his policy in a sentence for anyone else reading.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 10:36:21 AM »
Personally I think this is a good thing if the GOP would put something better in place for the vets than the VA.

The VA tried their best to kill my Dad. Multiple times. When they wasn't doing that they tried to cut his foot off cause he shattered his ankle.  **** the VA.  Send the welfare losers to the VA and send the vets to the regular hospitals.  The vets gave to their country, many gave their lives, and you dummies have never given to this country, only taken.  Get your socialized health care from the VA and die.

It is shameful how this country treats their vets.   :banghead:
Want to improve the VA within a year? Make it mandatory that all federally elected officials, their staff and all federal employees have to use the VA. Any of those people that do not want to use the VA can for a per visit fee use private health care. The money collected would be used to offset the money used for the vouchers vets can use at health care providers other than the VA.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »
Want to improve the VA within a year? Make it mandatory that all federally elected officials, their staff and all federal employees have to use the VA. Any of those people that do not want to use the VA can for a per visit fee use private health care. The money collected would be used to offset the money used for the vouchers vets can use at health care providers other than the VA.

My dad just recently started using the VA and some of the stories he's telling me about it are just stupid.
In some respects, it's quite efficient and he's got some good things to say about it, but in other cases, it's a real PITA and barely worth the hassle of jumping through all the hoops. It seems to depend on what you need. If it's a normal, cookie-cutter issue, not too much trouble. Outside of that, it gets difficult to deal with.
That and not living in a major area means he has to drive really long distances to get there. they don't have a very good footprint for services.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 05:22:29 PM »

I would take out the private fee for the elected officials and make it mandatory they use the VA. If they get caught using private health care providers they lose their elected position and serve a year in club fed's gray bar hotel. It would either get fixed or we would not have life long politicians. Either way is a win.  Oh and they would have to use the VA in their state, not the DC VA.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi