Author Topic: I know how we'll stop Trump -- CELEBRITIES!  (Read 1032 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I know how we'll stop Trump -- CELEBRITIES!
« on: January 05, 2017, 05:57:57 AM »
Stellar (4,188 posts)

Sally Field And More Stars Rally To Urge Congress To Vigorously Oppose Trump

More :HuffPo

Sally Field, Jeffrey Wright, Lea DeLaria and more stars have rallied together to urge Congress to challenge Donald Trump.

In a new video released by Humanity for Progress, the stars, along with a number of faith leaders and activists, ask Congress to oppose any racist, sexist, anti-immigrant, anti-union and/or anti-environmental policies the president-elect might try to pursue while in office.

In fact, they demand Congress “vigorously oppose him” and “block nominees who threaten the rights of women, the LGBTQ community, people of color, immigrants and the poor.”

As the cast, which also includes Steve Buscemi and Rookie founder Tavi Gevinson, notes at the beginning of the video, “The majority of Americans, regardless of whom they voted for, did not vote for racism, for sexism or xenophobia.”

The video, which was directed by Liz Garbus, ends with a call to action, encouraging viewers to share the video and use the hashtags #OBSTRUCT and #StandUpForUs. Viewers can also sign this petition.

"#OBSTRUCT"?

Obstructionism was literally deemed treason when the GOP tried it.

"#StandWithUs"?

A bunch of pampered celebrities think they speak for the common man and woman?

:bird:

stopbush (17,459 posts)

1. How soon before some R opines that actors are all idiots

that shouldn't be listened to when it comes to politics...unless they're a B-movie player (Reagan) or a reality TV personality (Trump)?

AmericanActivist (682 posts)

2. I am reminded of Sally Field's role Norma Rae

the scene when she stands on the table in the factory holding the "UNION" sign. So powerful!

YOHABLO (3,094 posts)

6. They don't have to do anything, but instead are choosing to fight.

They are not just actors etc. They're American citizens who want to use what ever resources at their disposal to stop Trump and his thugs from throwing us back into the dark ages. If that entails using name recognition and fame, so be it.

What, may I ask are any of you doing to fight? Because you are the ones who are 'nobody'. Get on your phones to your Representatives and Senators.

But God help Joe the Plumber if he deigns to get out of line by asking a question. He's to be torn down and even have his personal information illegally exploited.

Brown shirts also come in silk.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028433026
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Re: I know how we'll stop Trump -- CELEBRITIES!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 06:01:03 AM »
Have to admit the entertainment industry was quite effective in getting Clinton elected.  :tongue:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 06:01:38 AM »
Because the last three celebrity videos wistfully hoping that somehow Trump isn't actually sworn in two weeks from now were so effective.

Martin Sheen, you made a difference, man!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 07:25:39 AM »
stopbush (17,459 posts)

1. How soon before some R opines that actors are all idiots

that shouldn't be listened to when it comes to politics...unless they're a B-movie player (Reagan) or a reality TV personality (Trump)?

Get back to me when those D-List quasi-celebs have governed the most populous state in the US for 8 years, or grown a moderate-sized regional property management company into a multi-billion-dollar international hospitality conglomerate.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 08:54:33 AM »
Ok... some Hollywood has beens and never weres are upset that Trump will be President. I ask again, does anyone who really matters care?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Undies

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 09:21:43 AM »

the scene when she stands on the table in the factory holding the "UNION" sign. So powerful!

Powerful hypocrites!  Fields works in an industry that will travel to some pretty obscure locations to keep from having to pay union labor.

(Sorry.  I couldn't let this pass without posting this truth.  Carry on.)

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 09:45:10 AM »
The guy that played what's-his-name in the Batman vs. whoever movie must not have been available.   :yawn:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »
Ok... some Hollywood has beens and never weres are upset that Trump will be President. I ask again, does anyone who really matters care?

I do! I care a lot! If it upsets them it must be good!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 12:33:11 PM »

I remember her role as a runaway bride in Smokey and the Bandit. She had a nice ass.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 12:46:51 PM »
The celebrities should lead by example, and move out of the country.

The DUmmies should follow like the sheep they are, and do likewise.

Offline FaC

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 01:40:42 PM »
The celebrities should lead by example, keep their promises and move out of the country.

As somebody famous once said: DUmmies lie, they lie all the time...

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 02:06:38 PM »
In fact, they demand Congress “vigorously oppose him” and “block nominees who threaten the rights of women, the LGBTQ community, people of color, immigrants and the poor.”

As the cast, which also includes Steve Buscemi and Rookie founder Tavi Gevinson, notes at the beginning of the video, “The majority of Americans, regardless of whom they voted for, did not vote for racism, for sexism or xenophobia.”
Ah, just the usual equivocations from the left. They want to oppose policies that are "racist, sexist, or xenophobic", meaning things they deem racist, sexist, or xenophobic.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 03:54:36 PM »
Those "celebrities," (many I've never heard of), and their dopey videos.  Who do they think is watching those?  Do they think an ordinary Joe is settling in front of YouTube and doing a search on them, so as to be persuaded to a political view?  I swear every last liberal is dumb as a box of rocks.  Goofy bastards.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 04:00:07 PM »
Those "celebrities," (many I've never heard of), and their dopey videos.  Who do they think is watching those?  Do they think an ordinary Joe is settling in front of YouTube and doing a search on them, so as to be persuaded to a political view?  I swear every last liberal is dumb as a box of rocks.  Goofy bastards.

I wonder if most of the viewers are either Amen-ing Prog-Choir members and :lmao: laughing :lmao: conservatives.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »
The only celebs on that video I've even heard of were Sally Field (Uber- has- been, 'Lincoln' was the first decent movie she's done since the early 90s), Steve Buscemi (Kind of cool actor but also a has- been, the only big movies he's been in since the early 2000s were the 'Hotel Transylvania' films and the crappy 'Monsters Inc.' prequel three years ago), and Jeffrey Wright (The only roles of his I recall were as the villain in the 2000 'Shaft' movie, and his honestly rather forgettable performance as Beetee in the 'Hunger Games' films).
Gotta love how a bunch of pretentious, uber- wealthy Hollywood celebrities completely out of touch with regular Americans (Whom they, like most liberal elitists, view as a bunch of illiterate, inbred rednecks) end that little video with "Signed, the majority of the American people."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 04:31:24 PM by Movie buff- The Sequel »