Author Topic: the big guy whines about paying for medical care  (Read 988 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the big guy whines about paying for medical care
« on: January 03, 2017, 04:12:16 AM »
http://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/after-a-visit-to-the-er-ill-be-buying-epipens-went-up-500-since-09/

Oh my.

I'm not sure what his problem is, other than that apparently he believes he should get anything and everything medical for free (i.e., paid for by other people).

Omaha Steve    (858 posts)      January 1, 2017 at 5:36 am

After a visit to the ER, I'll be buying Epipens (went up 500% since 09)

Second allergic reaction in 2 weeks. Paid for the first one on 12-31-16. It is a covered item and all our deductibles for the year had been met. Happy New Year!

In 2017 it will no longer be  monopoly. No word yet on if that will lower the price.

Lawsuits against EpiPen maker Mylan moving forward

EPIPEN PRICE HIKE ALLEGATIONS EpiPen competitor out in 2017 | 0:37A competitor to EpiPen is set to be released in 2017, but the price is still unclear. USA TODAY

CINCINNATI — The maker of the EpiPen that came under fire for boosting the price of the lifesaving allergy medication sky high may have quieted the controversy by introducing a generic version, but now faces a raft of lawsuits.

Several proposed class-action cases against drugmaker Mylan involving EpiPens have been brought in federal courts around the country, including two in Kansas and two in northern California.

One was filed by a Cincinnati attorney against Mylan after it raised the price of its EpiPen injectors by 500% since 2009.

Since the lawsuit was filed Sept. 6, the case has been transferred to federal court, and there are now about 100 people who have signed on to the proposed class-action case.

FULL story: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/12/30/lawsuits-against-epipen-maker-mylan-moving-forward/95995348/

Omaha Steve     (858 posts)  (Reply to Sienna86 - post #1)    January 1, 2017 at 11:36 am

6. The web site updated the coupon through the end of the year

The pharmacy was able to apply it. Saved me $40. My insurance saved me $695.09. I paid nothing.

It also saved me $34.59 on my generic Amitriptyline. I paid $5 for that.

My insurance is good until I’m medicare age or my death, whichever comes first.* I turn 60 on the 23rd. I retired 2 years ago and locked in my benefit through my union contract.

My increase this year was about $1 per month.

*undoubtedly the big guy's going to reach Medicare age long before he ever reaches room temperature.

Anyway.

So the big guy doesn't think he should have to pay for some shots dealing with his "allergies."

<<<suspects the big guy would have a lot less allergies if he dropped about half his lardage.

Just like that Sandra bitch a few years ago didn't think she should have to pay for pills to protect her against getting pregnant from indulging in recreational sex.

Now, people who have hearing instruments have to pay for batteries, as each one lasts only about a week.  Hearing's pretty important.  But no one ever hears those people whining about having to pay for their batteries.

People who have headaches--not unbearable ones but nusiancesome ones--have to pay for aspirin.  Being able to function without the head hurting's pretty important.  But no one ever hears those people whining about having to pay for aspirin.

In my case, I have to take three prescriptions for the heart.  I suppose insurance could pay for them, but as it's only $22 a month for all three of them, there's really no point in me wasting my time filling out paperwork so as to get reimbursed. 

What the **** is this deal about the big guy always trying to get something for nothing?  I think he wastes more time and trouble and energy on trying to get things for free, when it would just be easier, simpler, and quicker, just to fork over the few bucks.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: the big guy whines about paying for medical care
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 04:40:30 AM »
So he admits his entire I`m dying thing is just seeking attention?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 04:45:17 AM »
What the **** is this deal about the big guy always trying to get something for nothing?  I think he wastes more time and trouble and energy on trying to get things for free, when it would just be easier, simpler, and quicker, just to fork over the few bucks.

It's real simple, Frank--he feels entitled.  Why, you ask?  Because he's a Democrat.. He deserves to sponge off of the efforts of good and decent people.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:39:33 AM »
He now needs Epipens because of allergies to keep him from assuming room temperature even though he is dying anyway.
Steve needs to take the hint.

Seems like pruning a dead tree to me.   :confused:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:01:25 AM »
I think he's suffering from some form of Munchausen where he reads a news story, an old news story, and applies it to himself.

In fact, I think a lot of DUmmies suffer from some form of Munchausen and thus, the Bouncy.

The soon-to-be-room temperature/demented Big Guy pays nothing for these epipens because he doesn't actually need them.

At least that is my working theory.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 08:41:25 AM »
How does he know it's a real allergy and not a delusion break with reality that he imagines to be an allergy? Perhaps a delusion epipen is free?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 12:45:36 PM »
Wasn't the CEO of the company that makes Epi-pens a daughter of a democrat and a big Hillary donor? :-)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 01:26:33 PM »
Why is OS whining? It's government hyper-regulation that gave and preserved the product monopoly for this product. Government regulations have blocked equivalent products, and extended the exclusivity of the product's patent life.

Regulocrats have triumphed! Why isn't OS celebrating?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 06:50:09 PM »
Wasn't the CEO of the company that makes Epi-pens a daughter of a democrat and a big Hillary donor? :-)

Daughter of Joe Manchin (D) senator of WV.  Her MBA was revoked from WVU after it came out she did not do the work. 

Manchin was quite popular as gov when Byrd died. Ran for the senate and won. Now that he is saying he will work "across the aisle" all the whiney assed libs in WV are calling for his ouster in the next primary.  Funny thing is if he does get his walking papers in the next primary that seat will almost be guaranteed to go GOP.   :lmao:

Joe Manchin helped put obumbles in office in 2008 by using his super delegate vote for obumbles over hillary even though hillary won the state big time.   :lmao:

WV politics is fun as hell these days.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi