Author Topic: Attention ALL Members!!! Breaking News Forum Rules  (Read 24779 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Attention ALL Members!!! Breaking News Forum Rules
« on: July 04, 2008, 03:30:23 PM »
BREAKING NEWS FORUM RULES

All General Board Rules apply here. In addition, all posts in this section should be about events taking place today or emerging stories. Standard copyright rules apply and management will enforce them as needed. All article titles must remain intact in your post heading. Any commentary should be placed within the message body under the quoted material. Moderators reserve the right to edit, delete or move any posts as they see fit.

Fair Use Clause: all articles must be posted in the following format: Original article title must be used. No more than five paragraphs with the original link added below. A moderator may edit if these guidelines aren't followed. 

On edit by WE : and please try to find accompanying art;  a picture or graphic, or such, and post it first thing in the story.  since breaking news storyies are being shown on the portal, we want them as dressed up as possible.

Due to the new front page format, please try to avoid using quote tags in the Breaking News forum. -- Chris

Link to General Board Rules.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:41:58 AM by Thor »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Attention ALL Members!!! Breaking News Forum Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:24:16 PM »
 Lately, there has been an increase of duplicate threads throughout the Current Events section. I want to remind y'all of the RULES ....... :rulez:

"All article titles must remain intact in your post heading. " Please don't ad lib your post titles!! We appreciate your cooperation in reducing the number of duplicate threads. Also, some articles that are posted have been posted previously. One can either use the search function or at least browse the first three pages of the board before posting an article unless one specifically knows that the article hasn't been posted before.

(I, too, have been guilty of the above transgressions)

:locked:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:45:30 PM by Thor »
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Attention ALL Members!!! Breaking News Forum Rules
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 04:42:53 AM »
Please review these rules. Posts not in compliance will be moved to another board.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson