Author Topic: After repeating early COVID mistakes, US now has the world’s biggest monkeypox o  (Read 772 times)

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
After repeating early COVID mistakes, US now has the world’s biggest monkeypox outbreak

The story of monkeypox feels to experts frustratingly like a replay of the first months of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.

Testing took too long to get launched. Data hasn't revealed the full extent of the outbreak. The spread wasn't stopped quickly enough.

Monkeypox was supposed to be different, because it is much harder to transmit, treatments and vaccines were already available, much was known about a virus first described in 1958, and so many lessons were supposedly learned from COVID-19.

Yet the United States now has the world's biggest outbreak of monkeypox: More than 6,600 Americans have been diagnosed since mid-May. Rarely seen outside Africa before the spring, the virus, a less deadly cousin of smallpox, has now triggered a 26,000-person global emergency, reaching 83 countries, 76 of which had not historically seen the disease.

<<<snip>>>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after-repeating-early-covid-mistakes-us-now-has-the-world-s-biggest-monkeypox-outbreak/ar-AA10im7h?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=82ae7bdbd17b482bf94169654ffa7266

Wonder when the democrats will start calling out Biden for his handling of monkeypox? 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I don't care.

As long as the fudgepackers are getting the disease, that breaks my heart not one iota.

When they spend roughly 2 weeks in excruciating pain and misery, maybe -- just maybe -- those fudgepackers will begin to see that packing fudge is not all that it's supposed to be.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Here it is. You could smell this from a month ago.

DeSantis calls it exactly how it is -- just another ploy to seize control.

The Biden administration declared a public health emergency for monkeypox on Aug. 4 in a bid to unlock funding and more powers to deal with the virus, which officials say is primarily spreading among homosexual males.

Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra issued the declaration, saying in an Aug. 4 conference call with reporters that the move will allow for quicker distribution of the monkeypox vaccine. Becerra was joined by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky and Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Robert Califf on the call.

“I will be declaring a public health emergency on monkeypox. … We’re [taking] our response to the next level,” Becerra said, stating  that Americans should take “monkeypox seriously.”

Walensky said the public health declaration will provide more “access to resources” and will “enable personnel to be deployed to the outbreak” in some localities. The emergency will also “further raise awareness” and encourage testing for it.

In the United States, there are “1.6 to 1.7 million” people who are at the “highest risk” of contracting monkeypox, according to the CDC director. She reiterated that homosexual men, namely those who are HIV-positive, appear to have the highest chance.

{ya think? What a monstrously stupid statement to make.}

The declaration comes after officials in New York, Illinois, California, some cities, and the World Health Organization declared respective health emergencies for monkeypox, which is part of the same family of viruses as the one that causes smallpox. The head of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, reportedly overruled an expert advisory committee to make the declaration on July 24, while the U.N. agency confirmed that the virus is in about 70 countries outside of Africa.

Along with Ghebreyesus, the heads of various federal, state, and local health agencies have stated that the large majority of cases are found among homosexual males. However, they’ve also stated that the virus is spreading among other groups, including children.

Earlier this week, the White House named Robert J. Fenton Jr., a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) official, to serve as the U.S. monkeypox response coordinator. That move echoes one made in early 2020 to name a response coordinator for COVID-19, with the first being former Vice President Mike Pence.

What It Means

Becerra said the Aug. 4 declaration was done because there has been an increase of about 1,500 new monkeypox cases across the United States in the past week or so.

More than 6,600 monkeypox infections have been reported across the United States, according to the CDC’s data, although the data show that no deaths have been reported so far. Only a handful of deaths from the virus have been reported outside the United States.

Earlier this week, Los Angeles and San Diego counties, as well as New York City, became the latest municipalities to declare local health emergencies over the virus.

Healthcare workers in New York City
Health care workers with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene help people register for the monkeypox vaccine at one of the city’s vaccination sites on July 26, 2022. (Mary Altaffer/AP Photo)
But Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said he’ll resist declaring an emergency for monkeypox, saying that such policies—such as the mandates and lockdowns around COVID-19—are designed to create a climate of fear. It’s not clear if any other Republican governors will follow his lead.

“I’m so sick of politicians—and we saw this with COVID—trying to sow fear into the population,” DeSantis said during an Aug. 3 press conference. “We are not doing fear.

“You see some of these states declaring states of emergency. They’re gonna abuse those powers to restrict your freedom. I guarantee to you that’s what will happen.”

The virus may cause fever, body aches, chills, fatigue, and pimple-like bumps on many parts of the body. The United States saw its first case of the monkeypox virus confirmed on May 18 and now has more than 5,800 confirmed infections.

Scientists say that mass vaccinations against monkeypox won’t be needed and that targeted use of the available doses, along with other measures, could be enough to shut down the expanding epidemic that was recently designated by the WHO as a global health emergency.

Epoch Times

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I find it strange that some virus that practically no one ever heard of a year ago has become a "global health crisis" and for some unknown reason is popping up in places where it has never been seen before. Makes me think that maybe there has been some assisted distribution going on and I'm not talking about the monkeys.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I find it strange that some virus that practically no one ever heard of a year ago has become a "global health crisis" and for some unknown reason is popping up in places where it has never been seen before. Makes me think that maybe there has been some assisted distribution going on and I'm not talking about the monkeys.

Ain't no "conspiracy theory" about it. It's flat out seizing control of our daily lives -- never mind that the only people who have to worry about it are the fudgepackers.

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Ain't no "conspiracy theory" about it. It's flat out seizing control of our daily lives -- never mind that the only people who have to worry about it are the fudgepackers.

Yup. They saw how easily they got compliance out of a huge portion of the population and they liked it.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they start pushing for internet based voting so you don’t have to touch those nasty envelopes. Ain’t no telling where those envelopes have been.

::)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Monkeypox is not new, just doesn't get in the news because it's endemic among some four-legged mammals in Africa, and has crossed over to humans there through contact. It was first identified in 1958 in lab monkeys in Sweden. The first identified human case cluster in the US was in 2003, from handling some exotic African critter in a pet shop. There have been a few case clusters in the US since, but not large enough in number to make national news, until ...

This world wide outbreak traces back to a couple of large internationally attended Pride festivals (IIRC, one was in the Canary Islands). Some attendees were from Africa, some of whom had m'pox, and, well, promiscuity happened and had its predictable consequences. Infected gays returned to their home countries, were promiscuous, with new infectees who then were promiscuous ...

The localized epidemics could be brought to a near halt if the promiscuity were to stop for a month or two (and possibly a total halt if gays who had been promiscuous also self-isolated until they knew they had not gotten the disease, so as to avoid spreading m'pox to coworkers, family, and straight friends). The risk at present to straights and non-promiscuous gays (they exist and are many, they are just too "boring" to get newspaper headlines or make the 6 O'Clock news) is incidental contact with a promiscuous and infected gay person.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

The localized epidemics could be brought to a near halt if the promiscuity were to stop for a month or two (and possibly a total halt if gays who had been promiscuous also self-isolated until they knew they had not gotten the disease, so as to avoid spreading m'pox to coworkers, family, and straight friends). The risk at present to straights and non-promiscuous gays (they exist and are many, they are just too "boring" to get newspaper headlines or make the 6 O'Clock news) is incidental contact with a promiscuous and infected gay person.

Pete, what are the odds that the fudgepackers are gonna be responsible and ABSTAIN from sex (condoms apparently don't help, as it's a skin-borne vector) until this new OMG pandemic is under control?  :lmao:

There may be a few, but I'd wager most would just continue to fudgepack. After all, it's what they do.  :whatever:

Offline SVPete

Pete, what are the odds that the fudgepackers are gonna be responsible and ABSTAIN from sex (condoms apparently don't help, as it's a skin-borne vector) until this new OMG pandemic is under control?  :lmao:

I'd rate the chances of such temporary abstinence at near-zero. Moronic activists forced then-mayor DiFei to keep the bath houses open when AIDS was at its height, and I don't believe the idiot wing of the gay community has gotten smarter in the past 40-45 years. Google "bug chaser" to get an idea of the depth of the idiot wing's idiocy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I'd rate the chances of such temporary abstinence at near-zero. Moronic activists forced then-mayor DiFei to keep the bath houses open when AIDS was at its height, and I don't believe the idiot wing of the gay community has gotten smarter in the past 40-45 years. Google "bug chaser" to get an idea of the depth of the idiot wing's idiocy.

Zackly. For those who are most at risk, they're not in the slightest worried. So why do the hand-wringers and the Fauci-ites at the CDC get their panties in a twist for the entire freaking nation?

Control. They love it, they want more, and they'll do whatever they have to do to keep it.

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Well, some of the DUmmies are trying to push the BS that monkeypox is airborne and are actively campaigning for masks again.

KC

*Stolen

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
Covid is passed. It is over with and we are all safe.
Monkey pox is passed. It is over with and we are all safe.
Moon wobble.
It is real and it is no joke! Moon wobble has been identified and has begun to increase in frequency. Mountains will tremble and fall into the sea. Tides will rise. Coastal cities will flood. Nothing can save us!
Scientists predict this wanton spate of moon wobble will likely continue up through the first week in November.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Monkeypox is offensive to black people, per leftists, Democrats, and liberals. It's now called Schlong Covid.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Old n Grumpy

US now has the world’s biggest monkeypox outbreak

does that mean we have the most fudge packers?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/response/2022/world-map.html

Presently, 38,000 and change cases world wide, deaths that can be counted on one hand.  US cases 12,000 and change.  We could put the all the world's cases in AT&T Stadium and have enough room to social distance them all.  The powers that be are trying desperately to make another pandemic/power grab. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.