Author Topic: I Voted Today...  (Read 7332 times)

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: I Voted Today...
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »
The commander released us an hour early to vote. I drove straight over to my polling station, a little country school about ten miles from the house.

One of the polling station officers is a little old lady who lives just up the road from me. It was satisfying to hand her my Concealed Carry license and recite my name, DOB, and address for her (Kansas has a new Voter ID law). She looked at my license and said, "I didn't know your first name was <redacted>."  :-)

I savored each vote, knowing the wailing and gnashing of teeth it would produce among the DUmbasses. I look forward to tasting their tears. Mmmmm.... DUmmy tears are so yummy and sweet to me. The bitterness gives them a little "zing".
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Delmar

Re: I Voted Today...
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 06:05:30 PM »
...got to the polls 30 minutes before they opened. Sat in line behind about 100 people and by the time the polls opened another 200 were behind me. It took about 10 minutes to get to the front of the line once the polls opened and another 2-3 minutes to actually vote. It kinda of bugged me we (in my area of WI) did not have a straight ticket option but there was a certain satisfaction in filing in the circle next to each GOP name.

One thing I found funny was that the state Senator they tried to recall a year ago in my district ran unopposed this year.

I'm from Marshfield and I was surprised by not having a straight ticket option too.  I didn't have to wait at all.  I told them that I was on a mission from Pat Boone, Clint Eastwood, and Paul Ryan and they let me pass right through. 
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden