Author Topic: GOP Rout In Pennsylvania Absentee Ballot Returns  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
GOP Rout In Pennsylvania Absentee Ballot Returns
« on: October 29, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
http://www.gop.com/news/gop-blog/gop-rout-in-pennsylvania-absentee-ballot-returns/

GOP Rout In Pennsylvania Absentee Ballot Returns
Posted October 29, 2012

This morning President Obama’s campaign indicated they are going on the air in Pennsylvania and sending Joe Biden to the state trying to protect what once just one week ago considered to be safe ground.  One possible reason? The enormous GOP edge in absentee ballot returns in the state, creating an enormous and unexpected hole for the President’s campaign to dig out of.

In 2008 the GOP edged the Democrats by just 2% in absentee returns. As of today the GOP’s lead is 18.8% — a 16.9% bump in a state Obama won by 10% in 2008. Republicans have turned in 55.2% of the absentee ballots to date while the Democrats have returned just 36.4%.

The Romney Victory team has been on the ground in Pennsylvania for months with over 60 staff and dozens of offices. We have paid over 5 million volunteer voter contacts including over 1 million volunteer door knocks across Pennsylvania. That voter contact is paying off in the absentee ballot returns and clearly the President’s campaign sees it in their numbers. That’s why they are playing defense in the Keystone state as Governor Romney’s momentum allows us to expand the map.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: GOP Rout In Pennsylvania Absentee Ballot Returns
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »
Where is Big Tex, rub his nose in it....
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:04:04 PM »
That is a jump I like to see. Romney winning this state would be total pants!

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »
Me likey!!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »
I think one of the biggest errors being made in this election (and this could be happening in OH too) is;

If they're using absentee ballots returned by registered R's or D's as their gauge I think they're making a HUGE mistake.  One could easily assume the R's are fed up enough they won't be voting for the messiah.  The other assumption is ... a LOT of the D's won't be voting for him either! 

If that's what they're doing in OH there are going to be a lot of very upset DUmmies.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 03:45:30 PM »
I think one of the biggest errors being made in this election (and this could be happening in OH too) is;

If they're using absentee ballots returned by registered R's or D's as their gauge I think they're making a HUGE mistake.  One could easily assume the R's are fed up enough they won't be voting for the messiah.  The other assumption is ... a LOT of the D's won't be voting for him either! 

If that's what they're doing in OH there are going to be a lot of very upset DUmmies.

KC

Yes, as an Ohioan I suspect that is exactly what will be happening.  Purely anecdotal evidence for my suspicion, but we will find out.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."