Author Topic: Democratic senators ditch 2012 runs  (Read 1535 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Democratic senators ditch 2012 runs
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:50:42 PM »
Yup--the 'Rats are leaving the Obamessiah's ship.

Democratic senators ditch 2012 runs

By JONATHAN ALLEN & MANU RAJU | 3/3/11 8:36 PM EST Updated: 3/5/11 11:33 AM EST

Five senators from the Democratic side of the aisle have already decided to hang ’em up after this term. Each has his own reasons, but it mostly boils down to this: For some senators, a job in the “most exclusive club” is not worth the hassle anymore.

“It’s about campaigns,” Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), a retiring member of the Democratic Caucus, told POLITICO. “It’s about both the unremitting — that’s a bad word to use — about the constant pressure to raise money and travel all over the country doing that and the nastiness of the campaign. ... I have no second thoughts about it.”

Lieberman, who lost a 2006 Democratic primary only to win in the general election as an independent, faced a tough path to win reelection. And he’s 69. Democrats could well lose the Senate in 2012 anyway, meaning he would lose his chairmanship of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

“At least I’m not having to travel around the country raising money and being involved in a political back-and-forth of a campaign,” adds North Dakota Sen. Kent Conrad, who says he’d rather work to curtail the deficit than face another tough run in a conservative state.

Democratic officials say the early retirement announcements reflect a successful push by Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Chairwoman Patty Murray of Washington to guard against devastating last-minute surprises by pressing senators to decide sooner rather than later whether they’ll run.

Yup--them leaving, and throwing those seats to the Republicans, is what goes for success in Democrat circles. :yahoo:

The rest of the article is here:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/50642.html#ixzz1Flh4KXIb
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Democratic senators ditch 2012 runs
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 06:16:24 PM »
The new motto for the Democratic Party, "The Party of Cut and Run".
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
Re: Democratic senators ditch 2012 runs
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:11:58 PM »

The new motto for the Democratic Party, "The Party of Cut and Run".

Mmm... I think that was the motto during Bushs campaign to help Iraqis free themselves from a brutal dictator and his sons after so many decades.

The new motto might be something like 'force a little tyranny down Americas throats, then 'run for the tall grass ...''
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic