Author Topic: Got Kinda ticked off today  (Read 2496 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Got Kinda ticked off today
« on: August 12, 2019, 07:49:44 PM »
thinkingagain (308 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212374100

Got Kinda ticked off today

Took my young grandson to lunch today at McDonald’s live in mostly a conservative area so used to Fox News being on its irritating but I never thought much more beyond we will eat and leave.

Today for some reason it irritated me. I think I thought “really you cater to kids and you put that” Anyhow after looking around seeing a fairly good mix of ages in the restraunt I asked if it was possible to change it. The young girl came back and said “they said NO! they’ve been through this before and it’s a legal thing”.

That ticked me off! to her because it wasn’t her fault I said “ Seriously maybe they should put on something like animal planet that shouldn’t offend anyone” she said “yea”.

Then I went and sent McDonald’s an email complaint and said much of the above but also added basically this “seriously a legal thing” unless Fox News is sponsoring the tv time in McDonald’ and if they are then that should be clearly posted.

I would suggest either animal planet or you tube videos if puppies and kittens. a local restraunt has something like that playing and it’s relaxing and people of all ages can enjoy unless they are cruel and heartless.

I await there reply.

Knowing the area I live in I probably would of been ok if they had said something like most of the patrons prefer it ( elderly conservatives drinking their coffee) but to say it’s a legal thing I can’t think of any reason mcdonalds would legally have to put on Fox News over some other channel unless they are paid to do so so the answer pissed me off.

God, they are such whiny little bitches about everything.

bcool (112 posts)

1. Zap the TVs

I know what you mean...it seems like the McDonald's around me are the few remaining businesses who consistently have Fox News on, and it bugs me, too.

They're independently owned, so I suspect it's the owners making the choice of what to show.

One time I took my homemade TV zapper in and used it, but it shut off all their menu boards, too - oops  So, I won't use that anymore

:o Doug!?!? Is that YOU!?!?

prudence54 (19 posts)

27. We got a TV Zapper back in the early 2000s

Just for when we went to visit my parents. My mom was really into Court TV in the 90s and that morphed into HLN and then she got into FOX and she would watch it 24/7 because she never worked outside the home and became a depressed, fearful shut-in after we all left home.

In the evenings my Dad would come home from work and get his daily FAUXtrage over FOX's version of current events. There was still a lot of obsession with Clinton's blowjob & impeachment, and a lot of defending Dubya and labeling people who didn't agree with Dubya, ANTI-AMERICAN.

When we'd drive 4 hours to go visit them, it was literally us having to yell over FOX NEWS. What a friggin nightmare..

The zapper worked, but of course my Dad wouldnt let it alone until he figured out what was wrong.. he'd start ripping shit apart...so it was only temporary relief. We'd just zap it when they were pre-occupied, but 5 minutes later one of them would notice, bitch about the stupid old TV, and turn it back on. It was the background of their lives. I fear, I know.. it's the brainwashing background to many many Americans lives...

It's nothing short of a CULT

I avoid a local pizzeria because they show Fox News in the dining room. It's insulting to my intelligence so I just choose not to go there. It's never full, but it is popular for kids parties because there is a lot of chairs and tables that you can shove together in any formation or size. So, in other words, FOX news for the little birthday kiddos! And a claw vending machine, and few arcade machines. What kid could ask for more.?

we are the cult...  :thatsright:

Star Member wcmagumba (1,143 posts)

5. Same thing here in a red area...

the McDumbos always has Faux News playing...I asked them to turn it down
once and the worker kid said I'll ask but nothing ever changed...I don't go there
anymore except maybe the drive through...trying to give up fast food altogether.
The owner drives one of those super giant pickups (these annoy me, sorry to you
dem pickup owners) and probably has a Drumph shrine in his home...

OMG! He probably had Guns and a Bible too!  :thatsright:

Star Member barbtries (21,811 posts)

14. At a Homewood Suites in Phoenix last summer,

Fox was on in the lobby. I complained and requested a change and the clerk told me he wasn't allowed to change it. So I went on FB, checked in (which names the hotel and location), told my story and mentioned that would be the last time I would ever stay there.

went on upstairs and got ready for work...when i went back to the lobby about 15 minutes later, CNN was on. Shaming can work.

"It's a legal thing" has got to be bullshit in my opinion. someone told her to say that.

What a bullshit story. OMG... can they at least try to come up with something half-way believable?

Star Member SCVDem (4,123 posts)

29. There's an app for that!

There's a lot of TV Remote apps.

If you can't see the satellite box you can't change the channel of course, but you can still program for the brand of tv and turn it off,

Everyone has a phone so they will have no clue.

:bird:

Star Member Ligyron (4,637 posts)

33. About that "legal thing".

I heard a story awhile back that claimed Fox provides the TV to businesses but they have to agree to have Fox News on it at all times. I can't remember where I heard this and have no idea if it is actually true.

:thatsright: ****ing idiots.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Got Kinda ticked off today
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 07:57:03 PM »
Boy, they just can't handle the idea that intelligent, decent people might disagree with them politically. BTW, Star Member Ligyron's story is sheer nonsense. At the gym I've seen days when three of the many TVs are tuned to Fox News, and I've seen days when none were. Ditto motel breakfast rooms.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 07:59:38 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 08:44:08 PM »
Here's a novel idea, pay some attention to your grandkids and don't obsess over what's on TV in the background.  Someday they'll remember old grandma and talk about that time she freaked out at Fox News in McDonald's.  Good times, that's when we knew she was ready to go to a home.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 09:22:43 PM »
bcool (112 posts)

1. Zap the TVs

I know what you mean...it seems like the McDonald's around me are the few remaining businesses who consistently have Fox News on, and it bugs me, too.

They're independently owned, so I suspect it's the owners making the choice of what to show.

One time I took my homemade TV zapper in and used it, but it shut off all their menu boards, too - oops  So, I won't use that anymore

Sounds like DainBramaged.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 08:07:12 AM »
bcool (112 posts)

1. Zap the TVs

If Doug worked at a McDonald's, that is exactly why he would have been fired.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 05:24:56 PM »
Boy, they just can't handle the idea that intelligent, decent people might disagree with them politically. BTW, Star Member Ligyron's story is sheer nonsense. At the gym I've seen days when three of the many TVs are tuned to Fox News, and I've seen days when none were. Ditto motel breakfast rooms.

Do crazy people ever think "Hey I'm the cray one in the room."?

No, no they don't.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 07:00:23 PM »
I do not understand the obsession with tv at eateries. My wife and I (both 70+, married 51+ years), eat out for lunch nearly every day - usually at places with menus at the table, but sometimes at places like Wendy's and Chic Fil A. We talk to each other.
This too shall pass.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 07:13:01 PM »
 have been in a number of Doctors' offices in the last few months.

They seem to all be on HGTV (which is fine and can be kinda fun).  Yeah it is them Canucks for the most part but whatcha gonna do?

I honestly think HGTV probably is the safest choice, although one time I recall a (hippie) couple who, AFTER THE PLANNING WAS COMPLETE, decided they did not want marble counters and some other stuff that was MAYBE harvested using cheap labor.  I am sure those laborers were really happy about having no job at all as a result of hippie-dippie virtue signaling.

But in general HGTV is mostly harmless.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.