Author Topic: "Almost Time To Rage": United Auto Workers Vote To Authorize Strikes At GM, Ford  (Read 839 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
"Almost Time To Rage": United Auto Workers Vote To Authorize Strikes At GM, Ford, Stellantis
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/almost-time-rage-uaw-vote-authorize-strikes-gm-ford-stellantis

The UPS and the Teamsters Union deal has likely emboldened unionized workers nationwide to threaten companies with strikes for higher wages and better benefits. The latest is United Auto Workers members voted in favor of union leaders reserving the right to strike if no labor contract is agreed upon with the Detroit Three automakers (Stellantis NV, General Motors Co., and Ford Motor Co) in mid-September.

On Friday, UAW President Shawn Fain told members, "97% of you voted to authorize a strike because you know that we do have the power, that we are united and we're not afraid. And we're gonna win. The Big Three's race to the bottom ends on Sept. 14."

The votes are in, and the results are astounding: 97% of Big Three members voted YES to authorize a strike if the automakers don't give us a fair deal.

Get strike ready: https://t.co/gbtJCcQMwN pic.twitter.com/ZZ6IwbHUqs

— UAW (@UAW) August 25, 2023
"Our goal is not to strike. I want to make that very clear. Our goal is to bargain good agreements for our members," Fain said during the Facebook Live event. "But all we've tried to do with this is prepare everybody in the event that we have to take action to get a fair and just contract."

UAW President Shawn Fain Announcing Strike Authorization Vote 8/25/23 https://t.co/1WDQKbDstd

— UAW (@UAW) August 25, 2023

Could auto workers strike be looming?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Production will move to mexico or china  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Production will move to mexico or china  :thatsright:

Has been that way for decades.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Just Months After "Massive Labor Deal," UPS Announces Massive Layoffs
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/great-job-biden-ups-plans-12000-layoffs-citing-higher-union-labor-costs

How it started: The most pro-union president in history, President Biden, applauded Teamsters and logistics company United Parcel Service last summer for agreeing on a new labor contract that would significantly boost pay.

How it's going:

UPS workers approve massive new labor deal with big raises: Aug 23, 2023

UPS to cut 12,000 positions: Jan 30, 2024 pic.twitter.com/OWywSrnYZ5

— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 30, 2024
Five months after unionized UPS workers ratified a massive five-year labor deal that included massive pay bumps (read: here), the logistics company announced on Tuesday morning that 12,000 jobs, or about 14% of its 85,000 management jobs, would be cut.

Chief Executive Officer Carol Tomé was quoted on an earnings call by Bloomberg as saying job reductions were due to sliding package demand and soaring union labor costs. She said the layoffs would save the company about $1 billion this year.

UPS had a labor deal, now they are laying off people. So much for Bidenomics.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du