Author Topic: So I was enjoying a nice Christmas lunch with my co-workers...  (Read 776 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So I was enjoying a nice Christmas lunch with my co-workers...
« on: December 10, 2019, 11:09:05 PM »
Star Member TexasBushwhacker (14,606 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212769861

So I was enjoying a nice Christmas lunch with my co-workers
Of 6 people, I'm the only Democrat. They don't KNOW that, but probably suspect it after today. Politics came up and they're all grumbling. I just sighed and said "Can't we just have a nice lunch?" They chuckled and one guy said "Well I'm stocking up on bullets because when Trump gets re-elected, there's going to be a civil war."

That's right, it's the Democrats who will take up arms and try to tear our country apart. I just raised my eyebrows and said, "I'm afraid there's going to be a civil war no matter who gets elected." I was being honest. I'm scared, but even if we were all Democrats, I don't want to discuss politics at work, or work functions.

They all met each other at church.

:yawn:   maybe a half bong for starting with 'So'...

Star Member stopbush (21,055 posts)

2. The problem lies in the kind of people one meets at church.

the_sly_pig (589 posts)

3. and the confederates are going to lose again.

worst case scenario is the military is 40/60 trump supporters. Plus, the world will not allow them to win. Let them take up arms. Good luck to them.

It's more like 80/20 with about 80% of vets backing the president. Oh, and the world? Yeah... we still got more guns.

Star Member Hekate (58,032 posts)

6. When I heard DTs carrying on the other day I had 2 scary thoughts simultaneously...

One was, "Who could possibly believe this sh*t?!"

The other was, "By golly, this is so awful that if I believed it I would arm myself."

As with everything else, his original American Carnage speech was pure projection and pure id. Trump wallows in a sea of violence and fantasy-blood, and speaks to the darkest places in people's souls.

:whatever:

roamer65 (17,587 posts)

10. Let them start a "civil war". They definitely won't like the "can of worms" that gets opened.

I guarantee it.

::) Your 'people' are starting one already.

Star Member Laura PourMeADrink (30,200 posts)

11. wow, thought I had it bad, now living in central TX. Here they just don't even talk

about politics or the world around them. More interested in like NOTHING. May be guns? May be other people and gossip???????

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: So I was enjoying a nice Christmas lunch with my co-workers...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 08:18:52 AM »
... They don't KNOW that, but probably suspect it after today. Politics came up and they're all grumbling. I just sighed and said "Can't we just have a nice lunch?" They chuckled and one guy said "Well I'm stocking up on bullets because when Trump gets re-elected, there's going to be a civil war."

If anything resembling this happened, Star Moron TexasBushwhacker was being trolled.

But this :bouncy: aligns too perfectly with the long-lived DU/Prog-fantasy that conservative gun owners are itching to start a civil war. So the :bouncy: is almost certainly fiction, possibly starting with the implied factoid that Star Moron TexasBushwhacker has a job.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 11:05:09 AM »
So I was enjoying a nice Christmas lunch with my co-workers

They all met each other at church.
  :thatsright:

So, these co workers all met at church, Then they all decided to go get a job where you work to make your life miserable. :loser: :loser: :loser:

That smacks of a conspiracy to me, or maybe you are just full of shit. :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 11:08:48 AM »
So, these co workers all met at church, Then they all decided to go get a job where you work to make your life miserable. :loser: :loser: :loser:
... :loser: :loser: :loser:

A further proof that this :bouncy: is substantially or entirely fiction. It was an irrelevant detail thrown in gratuitously to include one more Prog bogeyman.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 09:53:24 AM »
I was stuck at Midas yesterday... so I set my coffee on a magazine and sat-down to watch Kelly & Rippa or something.  They we're talking about Michelle Obama. I picked-up my cup and it was sitting on top of a Michelle Obama People Magazine.

I left about 40-minutes later.