Author Topic: Emanuel exit?  (Read 787 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Emanuel exit?
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:39:14 AM »
DC clairvoyants say Rahm Emanuel will leave as President Obama's chief-of-staff in the not-too-distant future. Though once a congressman himself, Emanuel is said to be frustrated with lawmakers who won't bend to his will. And his temper -- similar to the Ari Gold-like eruptions of his super-agent brother, Ari Emanuel, in Hollywood -- has not been well received in some quarters. The buzz was reinforced on "The McLaughlin Group" Sunday, when Rahm was labeled "Des tined for Political Oblivion by the End of 2010." Obama's fiercely loyal adviser Valerie Jarrett is said to be the frontrunner to take his place.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/emanuel_exit_L7xm8DmR1A9i6YofkRPWRL#ixzz0gwKvdhBx

Offline thundley4

Re: Emanuel exit?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »
Another one under the bus?  They are getting closer to 0Bama every time.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:57:27 AM »
Heh. Can't wait for his tell-all about Teh Wun.

Something tells me Lord Zero thinks Jarrett will have an easier time. Bet Rahm still gets to work in the background....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »
Heh. Can't wait for his tell-all about Teh Wun.

Something tells me Lord Zero thinks Jarrett will have an easier time. Bet Rahm still gets to work in the background....

Just like Comrade Jones.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline 5412

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 05:06:52 PM »
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/emanuel_exit_L7xm8DmR1A9i6YofkRPWRL#ixzz0gwKvdhBx

Hi,

Emanuel is an idiot with a hot temper, only knows how to twist arms, intimidate, and he really is nothing.  What the hell has he accomplished in his life for the good of America?  I think the best part is he has pissed off more democrats with his threats and intimidation than republicans and they are tired of it.  Several months ago I read where a lot of top democrats will not attend functions when they know he is there because they do not want to be button holed by him. 

Seriously doubt if he would write a tell all book because he is the problem.

I dreamed one night that someone blew the president's brains out and I woke up to read Emanuel had been shot!

If in fact they can throw him out and keep him away from the president we are all better off.

regards,

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »
Valerie may be a Kool-Aid guzzling thrall but Rahm is such an asshole he has become completely counterproductive.  You can get away with leadership-by-intimidation as long as it looks like you might win, but when it starts to look like that's not gonna happen for your side, there is no percentage in staying lined up behind the guy that seems to be hitting the 'Fail' button. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.