Author Topic: FEC joins call to throw out suit against Obama  (Read 1971 times)

Offline thundley4

FEC joins call to throw out suit against Obama
« on: October 22, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »
The Federal Election Commission has joined Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee in asking a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by a Montgomery County attorney seeking Obama's ouster from the November ballot.

Philip Berg, who claims the Illinois senator was born in Kenya and can't run for president because he isn't a natural-born U.S. citizen, has no standing to make the claim, according to the FEC.

The motion, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia, echoes one filed last month by Obama and the DNC that states Berg hasn't demonstrated how he personally would suffer even if his ''ridiculous and patently false'' claims were true.

The FEC says Berg would have to claim a ''concrete and particularized'' injury. But he ''has done nothing more than assert a generalized grievance on behalf of the American citizenry and his fellow voters,'' and courts have tossed claims made on behalf of ''such all-encompassing groups.''
WTF?

Determining if a candidate is qualified isn't in the interest of the citizens of this country?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: FEC joins call to throw out suit against Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:35:23 PM »
If I were the big O I could solve this immediately by simply producing a birth certificate. Of course, if I didn't really have one I'd probably try some tactic to get it thrown out of court.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 04:41:19 PM »
Hell, I don't care whether or not he only shows it to a judge. AT least it would be duly noted instead of Obama appearing to be hiding something. Kind of like John Kerry refusing to release his service records.......
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 05:11:00 PM »
Hell, I don't care whether or not he only shows it to a judge. AT least it would be duly noted instead of Obama appearing to be hiding something. Kind of like John Kerry refusing to release his service records.......
Has he done that yet?  I seem to remember him promising to the late host of Meet the Press that he would sign that form, SF 180, or whatever.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 05:18:06 PM »
If I were the big O I could solve this immediately by simply producing a birth certificate. Of course, if I didn't really have one I'd probably try some tactic to get it thrown out of court.

With millions of dollars, he can manufacture one and no one would know it isn't real, not even professional document evaluators.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »
I think it's a BS suit but who the @#$% is the FEC to be taking sides.

And I seriously doubt an Obama admin would be as magnanimous.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 06:20:55 PM »
I think it's a BS suit but who the @#$% is the FEC to be taking sides.

And I seriously doubt an Obama admin would be as magnanimous.

given the history of how he won his first state senate race, i think that's a safe bet...

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 06:33:14 PM »
Speaking of Berg..

Much to my surprise, Berg has indicated today that the African Press International "Michelle Obama Tape" may actually be real. In the last 15 minutes or so on The G. Gordon Liddy Show today he confirmed that his office is waiting for it, and will not comment further until he hears it for himself (and I would presume have it validated as authentic via audio forensics). So, apparently there is something happening there.

link to audio here..

The link is the full interview with Berg, its an hour long. Berg addresses the tape in the last 15 minutes. I still don't buy it, but I am interested in seeing how this wrinkle turns out, especially now that someone other than African Press has (somewhat) addressed it.

Offline seemomgonuts

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 06:58:11 PM »
given the history of how he won his first state senate race, i think that's a safe bet...

Yep.

Notice how McCain reacted when he was asked for his birth records.....quite the contrast. Hmmmmmm

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »
Has he done that yet?  I seem to remember him promising to the late host of Meet the Press that he would sign that form, SF 180, or whatever.

No he hasn't.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 09:19:06 PM »
He has friends in high places.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 10:08:21 PM »
Speaking of Berg..

Much to my surprise, Berg has indicated today that the African Press International "Michelle Obama Tape" may actually be real. In the last 15 minutes or so on The G. Gordon Liddy Show today he confirmed that his office is waiting for it, and will not comment further until he hears it for himself (and I would presume have it validated as authentic via audio forensics). So, apparently there is something happening there.

link to audio here..

The link is the full interview with Berg, its an hour long. Berg addresses the tape in the last 15 minutes. I still don't buy it, but I am interested in seeing how this wrinkle turns out, especially now that someone other than African Press has (somewhat) addressed it.

Non-issue. 

First, it deals with Michelle, not Obama.  Second, if it existed, it would have been released by any legit news organization by now.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 10:15:59 PM »
Non-issue. 

First, it deals with Michelle, not Obama.  Second, if it existed, it would have been released by any legit news organization by now.

Oh, as Ive stated, Im not holding my breath on this one -- To me, it smells to be the 'whitey' tape, part II - However, If it exists as described, it isn't a nonissue - the fabled report basically has Michelle confirming there is some sort of citizenship issue involving The One. That admission would leave reason to compel Obama to release the data that Berg seeks.

And even if it doesn't succeed in doing anything legally, it adds fire to the court of public opinion -- the same court that The Obamessiah has used to get as far in this election as he has already.