Author Topic: Palin Attacks Obama’s ‘Appalling’ Refusal to Defend Babies Who Survive Abortion  (Read 587 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Palin Attacks Obama’s ‘Appalling’ Refusal to Defend Babies Who Survive Abortion

CNSNews.com) - Three times over the last several days, Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin has focused her attention on what she described as Sen. Barack Obama’s “appalling” and “absolutely atrocious” refusal to support legislation in the Illinois State Senate that would have required medical care for a baby who survived an abortion and would have defined such a baby—alive and fully outside its mother’s womb—as a person.

*snip*

“Back in March of 2001, when he was an Illinois state senator, Barack Obama was one of--actually the only--senator to speak against legislation to protect infants who were born alive after an abortion,” Ingraham said to Palin.  “He called them ‘pre-viable fetuses’ because if you call them people, he said directly, ‘I mean, it would essentially bar abortions because the equal protection clause doesn’t allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an anti-abortion statute.’ Governor, what is your reaction to that?”

“It is absolutely atrocious,” said Palin. “And, you know, as we go around in our rallies and when I talk about John McCain and me and our desire for, and our commitment to, a culture of life and we are interrupted with huge applause, I think, you know, I wish I had more time to explain to people what Barack Obama’s position has been on this.  Because I think, Laura, it has been missing out there in the discussion, in the debate, about the choices that they have in candidates on November 4th.     

Noting first that Obama has said abortion is “a fundamental right” and that he “opposes banning partial-birth abortion,” Palin said that “more telling … has been his vote against legislation--three times voting against legislation--that would provide medical care to a baby born having been a survivor of  a abortion. It is very appalling.  And I think that if more Americans could understand how absolutely extreme that position is, there would be a heck of a lot more outrage than we already see.”

MORE

Hey B-HO... :bigbird:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

This one stance of his really needs more airplay from McCain/Palin.