Author Topic: Animation?  (Read 10521 times)

Offline NickLiberty776

• Probationary (Probie)
Animation?
« on: July 25, 2014, 11:36:20 PM »
I don't know if this is the right forum to put this in. It seems like lot of people think media like comic books, animated movies/shows, and video games are meant only for children. I think this attitude stifles creativity. I think there should be more comics and animated films/shows that cover mature topics. I think American animation is geared too much toward adult comedy and children's entertainment. Can't we have an animated show or movie cover a serious topic like war or politics? Comic books have already started covering serious subject matter. When will animation grow up? If comics could move past super heroes I don't see any reason why animation should be relegated to adult comedy or children's entertainment.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/toonzone-general-animation-discussion/316218-when-will-american-animation-grow-up.html#.U9Md196wXn0

I started a thread on toonzone and some people says that American animation being aimed mostly at kids and adult comedy have to do with the attitude of American viewers. Do you think they are right? I wish this attitude would change. I would love to see an epic animated sci fi show or movie with epic space and laser battles. How about an animated equivalent of Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Animation?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 02:00:54 AM »
Two words.

Walking Dead.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Animation?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:23:49 AM »
Welcome, Nick. We have an introduction forum; head on over and introduce yourself.

You have the US Air Force flag as your avatar; are you a Veteran?

Quote from: NickLiberty776
I think there should be more comics and animated films/shows that cover mature topics.

If you want something, create it. Fill the void.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.