Author Topic: 1st National Anti-War Conference Scheduled For Cleveland June 28-29  (Read 1868 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
the entire thread. It lists everyone who has forked over $50.00 to attend.

Thats 20,950 clams the retards have shilled.

20,950 less clams for the DNC.

Better Believe It (294 posts)      Sat Apr-26-08 11:13 AM
Original message
1st National Anti-War Conference Scheduled For Cleveland June 28-29 http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3210690
 Advertisements [?]
The Purpose of the Conference

March, 2008 ushered in the sixth year of the war against Iraq and an occupation “without end” of that beleaguered country. Unfortunately, the tremendous opposition in the U.S. to the war and occupation has not yet been fully reflected in united mass action.

The absence of a massive united mobilization during this period in the United States -- the nation whose weapons of terrifying mass destruction have rained death and devastation on the Iraqi people -- when the whole world was mobilizing in the most massive protests possible to mark the end of the fifth year of the war, should be a cause of great concern to us all.

For an Open Democratic Antiwar Conference: The most effective way to initiate and prepare united antiwar mobilizations is through convening democratic and open conferences that function transparently, with all who attend having the right to vote. It is not reasonable to expect that closed or narrow meetings of a select few, or gatherings representing only one portion of the movement, can substitute for the full participation of the extremely broad array of forces which today stand opposed to the war.

We therefore invite everyone, every organization, every coalition, everywhere in the U.S. – all who oppose the war and the occupation -- to attend an open democratic U.S. national antiwar conference and join with us in advancing and promoting the coming together of an antiwar movement in this country with the power to make a mighty contribution toward ending the war and occupation of Iraq now.

Everyone is welcome. The objective is to place on the agenda of the entire U.S. antiwar movement a proposal for the largest possible united mass mobilization(s) in the future to stop the war and end the occupation.

Join us in Cleveland on June 28-29 for the conference.

National Assembly
P.O. Box 21008
Cleveland, OH 44121
Phone: 216.736.4704
Email: NatAssembly@aol.com ©2008 National Assembly. All rights reserved.

http://natassembly.org /

National Assembly Endorser List
Open National Conference to Stop the War in Iraq and Bring the Troops Home Now

Cleveland, Ohio, June 28-29, 2008
(Partial Listing)
( * = organization or position for identification only)
1. Cindy Sheehan, Gold Star Families for Peace*
2. Howard Zinn, Author, Historian, Social Critic, Political Scientist, Playwright
3. U.S. Labor Against the War (USLAW)
4. Veterans for Peace
5. Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Utah Chapter
6. National Lawyers Guild
7. North Shore AFL-CIO Federation of Labor (Formerly Cleveland AFL-CIO)
8. Donna Dewitt, President, South Carolina AFL-CIO*
9. Navy Petty Officer Jonathan W. Hutto, Author of "Anti-War Soldier" and Co-Founder of Appeal For Redress*
10. Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO, Los Angeles, CA
11. Progressive Democrats of America
12. A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism)
13. The Iraq Moratorium
14. United Teachers Los Angeles
15. Northeast Ohio Anti-War Coalition (NOAC)
16. Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney General
17. Green Party of Ohio
18. Progressive Action, a coalition of the Duluth Central Labor Body, Democratic Farmer-Labor Party, and the Duluth Area Green Party
19. Scott Ritter
20. Anti-War Committee of the Thomas Merton Center, Pittsburgh, PA
21. Colia Lafayette Clark, Chair, Richard Wright Centennial Committee, Philadelphia, PA
22. Ohio State Council UNITE HERE
23. Women Speak Out for Peace and Justice – the Cleveland Branch of Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
24. Chris Silvera, Secretary-Treasurer, Teamsters Local 808*, Long Island, NY
25. Cleveland Peace Action
26. Peninsula Peace and Justice Center, Palo Alto, CA
27. Greater Boston Stop the Wars Coalition (STWC)
28. John W. Braxton, Co-President, American Federation of Teachers Local 2026*; Faculty and Staff Federation of Community College of Philadelphia*
29. Eduardo Rosario, Executive Board, NY City Chapter – Labor Council for Latin American Advancement*
30. RI Mobilization Committee to Stop War and Occupation
31. Steve Early, Member, National Writers Union/UAW*, Labor Journalist
32. Bethlehem Neighbors for Peace
33. Northeast Ohio American Friends Service Committee
34. Cynthia McKinney, Former Congresswoman from Georgia
35. Allen Cholger, United Steelworkers Union Staff Representative*, Southfield, MI
36. Malcolm Suber, Reconstruction Activist; 2007 City Council Candidate in New Orleans, LA
37. Greg Coleridge, Coordinator, Northeast Ohio Anti-War Coalition; Economic Justice & Empowerment Program Director, Northeast Ohio American Friends Service Committee
38. Marilyn Levin, Member, Coordinating Committee, Greater Boston United for Justice with Peace; Founder, Middle East Crisis Coalition
39. Jeff Mackler, Founder, Mobilization for Peace, Jobs and Justice, San Francisco, CA
40. Jerry Gordon, former National Co-Coordinator of the Vietnam-era National Peace Action Coalition (NPAC); Member, U.S. Labor Against the War Steering Committee, Cleveland, OH
41. Barbara Lubin, Director, Middle East Children’s Alliance
42. Jamilla El-Shafei, Kennebunkport, Maine, (the Kennebunkport Peace Department)
43. Mumia Abu-Jamal
44. Alan Netland, President of the Duluth Central Labor Body and AFSCME Local 66*
45. Will Rhodes, Chair, Minnesota 8th Congressional District, Green Party; Steering Committee of the Duluth Area Green Party
46. Leonard Weinglass, Attorney for the Cuban Five
47. Gail Schoenfelder, Co-Chair, Clayton-Jackson-McGee Memorial; Board Member of the Duluth League of Women Voters*
48. California Peace and Freedom Party
49. Greater Cleveland Immigrant Support Network
50. Wasatch Coalition for Peace and Justice of Northern Utah
51. Alan Benjamin, Member, Executive Board, San Francisco Labor Council; Member, National Steering Committee, U.S. Labor Against the War
52. Rev. Dr. Diana Gibson, Co-Director, Council of Churches of Santa Clara County, San Jose, CA*
53. Sacramento Chapter, Labor Council for Latin American Involvement (LCLAA), AFL-CIO, Sacramento, CA
54. Iranians for Peace and Justice, CT and Texas Chapters
55. Youth Against War & Racism, MN
56. Samina Faheem, Executive Director, American Muslim Voice
57. National Education Association Peace and Justice Caucus
58. Union de Trabajadores Inmigrantes (Union of Immigrant Workers), Madison, WI
59. The L.A. Palestine Labor Solidarity Committee, Los Angeles, CA
60. San Jose Peace and Justice Center
61. Andy Griggs, Board of Directors, United Teachers Los Angeles; Chair, National Education Association Peace and Justice Caucus; Continuations Committee, American Federation of Teachers Peace and Justice Caucus*; Steering Committee Member, U.S. Labor Against the War, Los Angeles, CA
62. Office of the Americas, Los Angeles, CA
63. Fernando Suarez del Solar, Founder and Director, Guerrero Azteca Peace Project Escondido, CA
64. Doug Bullock, 1st Vice President, Albany Federation of Labor and Member of the Albany County Legislature
65. Arlington (MA) United for Justice with Peace
66. Sarah Martin, Member, Women Against Military Madness, MN
67. Paul Krehbiel, Iraq Moratorium, Los Angeles, CA
68. Sharon Smith, Haymarket Books
69. Francesca Rosa, Member SEIU Local 1021, Delegate, San Francisco Labor Council*, Member, Bay Area Labor Committee for Peace and Justice*
70. National Benedictines for Peace
71. Elizabeth Aaronsohn, Professor of Education and Faculty in the Peace Studies Program*, Central CT State University, New Britain, CT
72. Adirondack Progressives
73. Pam Africa, International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal and Move Organization
74. AfterDowningStreet.org
75. Kali Akuno, Member, Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Gulf Coast Reconstruction Movement activist, New Orleans, LA*
76. Richard Brooks Alba, Co-Chair Emeritus, SF Pride at Work (AFL-CIO), Berkeley, CA
77. Mike Alewitz, Labor Art and Mural Project, New Britain, CT
78. Stephen Allen, Steve Allen Painting, Akron, OH
79. Alliance for Global Justice
80. Dr. Sabah Alwan, Associate Professor of Leadership & Organizational Behavior, College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN
81. American Federation of Musicians Local 1000, NY, NY
82. Andy Anderson, Veterans for Peace, Chapter 80
83. Jeff Anderson, Duluth City Councilor
84. Thomas Atwood, Community Organizer, Peninsula Interfaith Alliance (PICO); Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Redwood City, CA*
85. Mark Bailey, member and seminary student, United Church of Christ*, Elyria, OH
86. Jared A. Ball, Producer, Independent/Mixtape Journalism: FreeMix Radio, Words, Beats and
Life Global Journal of Hip-Hop Culture, Washington, D.C.*
87. Russ Banner, Co-Coordinator, Pax Christi – Manasota Chapter, FL
88. Ana Barber, UTLA Board of Directors, Long Beach, CA
89. Bay Area United Against the War
90. Karen Bernal, International Longshore Workers Union Project Organizer, San Francisco, CA
91. Dennis Bernstein, Producer Flashpoint/KPFA Radio, Berkeley, CA
92. Marcia Bernsten
93. Prof. Hal Bertilson, Professor of Psychology and UWS Psychology Program; Coordinator;
Member, Amnesty International; Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Duluth Peace and
Justice Committee
94. Thomas Bias, President, Northwest New Jersey Peace Fellowship
95. Roy Blount, President, Taxi Workers Alliance of Pennsylvania
96. Iver Bogen, Progressive Action Secretary, Duluth, MN
97. Scott Bol, St. Croix Valley Peacemakers, Stillwater, MN
98. Blasé Bonpane, Director, Ofice of the Americas, Los Angeles, CA
99. Theresa Bonpane, Executive Director, Office of the Americas, Los Angeles, CA
100. Boston May Day Coalition, www.bostonmayday.org

snip

419. Dennis Foster, Westlake, OH

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Lord Undies

Re: 1st National Anti-War Conference Scheduled For Cleveland June 28-29
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:55:08 AM »
I don't see anyone from the Iraqi government nor anyone from, I assume, one of the hundred of "anti-war" organization which must be flourishing among the free citizens within the nation of Iraq.  I would think their participation would be vital and necessary, and may actually add some respectability to this otherwise phony and dishonest endeavor.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
Where is J. Edgar Hoover when you need him?

To have so many traitors in one place and not take advantage of that is such a wasted opportunity.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:16:00 PM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 02:09:38 PM »

Tp have so many traitors in one place and not take advantage of that is such a wasterd opportunity.

Well we do still have the USAF and a few dozen Predator drones that could use the practice.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »

1. Cindy Sheehan, Gold Star Families for Peace* (NUT JOB)
56. Samina Faheem, Executive Director, American Muslim Voice (RADICAL MUSLIM)
19. Scott Ritter (CHILD MOLESTOR)
34. Cynthia McKinney, Former Congresswoman from Georgia (TOTAL NUT JOB)
86. Jared A. Ball, Producer, Independent/Mixtape Journalism: FreeMix Radio, Words, Beats and
Life Global Journal of Hip-Hop Culture, Washington, D.C.* (?????????????)

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »

To have so many traitors in one place and not take advantage of that is such a wasted opportunity.

Well we do still have the USAF and a few dozen Predator drones that could use the practice.

Well, I didn't want to go there, but it is what I was thinking.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »

1. Cindy Sheehan, Gold Star Families for Peace* (NUT JOB)
56. Samina Faheem, Executive Director, American Muslim Voice (RADICAL MUSLIM)
19. Scott Ritter (CHILD MOLESTOR)
34. Cynthia McKinney, Former Congresswoman from Georgia (TOTAL NUT JOB)
Life Global Journal of Hip-Hop Culture, Washington, D.C.* (?????????????)

The bolded DUchebag lives not 30 miles from me.   :naughty:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »
That's it then.  The war is over.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 09:25:10 PM »
43. Mumia Abu-Jamal

WTF? The cop murdering bastard has a live video feed from his prison cell?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 09:33:18 PM »
57. National Education Association Peace and Justice Caucus

Your tax dollars at work folks...you pay their salaries from which their union dues are deducted. Imagine if they devoted time and resources on education!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 10:21:07 PM »
43. Mumia Abu-Jamal

WTF? The cop murdering bastard has a live video feed from his prison cell?

Oh yes.  That murderous ******* still has his pre-recorded blatherings aired on Pacifica Radio.

Pam Africa, International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal and Move Organization

And what peace rally would be complete without Pam Africa and her MOVE thugs?  For those who don't remember, they're the ones who killed Philadelphia Police Officer James Ramp in 1978 and more famously instigated a standoff with police in 1985 where they barricaded themselves in a row-home in West Philly, which the PPD bombed, killing 11.  Wherever they go, peace follows.  In fact, pieces wind up flying all over the place.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 10:23:27 PM »
Maybe some of DU's clairvoyant members can get David Koresh and Tookie Williams to lend their support from beyond the grave.