Author Topic: I LOVE Rev. Wright! He is absolutely, totally correct..  (Read 1503 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I LOVE Rev. Wright! He is absolutely, totally correct..
« on: April 26, 2008, 10:07:12 AM »
the redwhich? could be a mother goddess worshipper, so it boggles my mind why she would embrace a Christian pastor like Rev. Wright. Even if he preaches anger and liberal oppression.

scarletwoman (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-25-08 10:47 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3209420
I LOVE Rev. Wright! He is absolutely, totally correct..
 Advertisements [?]Please watch Bill Moyers Journal -- his interview with Rev. Wright that's being broadcast tonight.

I wish I could vote for Wright for president. He is so right on. A beautiful truth-teller, an honest soul.

Thank you, Bill Moyers! This is wonderful. Wright is an amazing intellect. It makes my heart so happy to hear someone like this given a chance to speak!

sw

BUT- this should stir up the hive quiet nicely...

L. Coyote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-25-08 10:49 PM
Response to Original message
1. And, be sure to compare this minister to Rush Limbaugh, Bush's Brain on Drugs.

I think this is a negitive comment, but with the moonbats loving drugs, I may be wrong.

Sarah Ibarruri  (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-25-08 10:55 PM
4. I said that in some post some time back, and a couple of whackos attacked me, as if Wright were the 
 devil himself.

I suppose the attackers were Hillary supporters.

I don't doubt it one bit.

aquart  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-25-08 11:02 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. The devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape.
 Particularly when he knows in advance that he's being interviewed.

I thought they don't belive in God?

scarletwoman  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-25-08 11:09 PM
Response to Reply #7
9. Oh good grief! "the devil"?!?! Is this the Middle Ages?
 There's no such thing as "the devil", there's only human ego, indulging its lowest impulses.

Rev. Wright calls on us to honor our highest selves. Plus, he's obviously a heavyweight thinker.

A very admirable human being.

sw

says the redwhich? with a ancient symbol of the goddess as her avatar. One wonders if they really know what those symbols truely mean.

junofeb (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-25-08 10:58 PM
6. Bill Moyers is a theologian himself, albeit of the liberal baptist type,
 and I suspect Wright's credentials in the world of liberal Chiristianity are possibly of quite good standing. In fact, seems that Wright perhaps has justifiable cause to cry 'slander'. Moyers had him on his show for a damn good reason. Moyers has probably known of Wright for years, or perhaps even knows him personally.

Bill Moyers is what I would call an Adult. He is showing us that there is no damn monster behind the door.

I...am...speechless.

scarletwoman  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-25-08 11:23 PM
Response to Reply #15
18. Damn straight! I don't want to hear another negative word about Rev. Wright.
 If someone can't get what he's saying, then they are just too dense or too delusional to be worth paying any attention to.

sw

if I don't listen, you can't tell me the truth.

ColbertWatcher (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-25-08 11:37 PM
23. Agreed. 
 What little I know about this man, I found out on the internets.

This post will be interrupted for "A Short Story" sometimes known as TEH BOUNCY TAIL/TALE
After hearing about Barack Obama having this "minister" who delivered this incendiary sermon, I knew Wikiality.com had to have a page for this late-breaking news story.

So, I decided we would make a page so people could make their own jokes about how "frightening" this preacher was. I intended to use a real photo of the church, and make it so people could "write" their own sermons on the sign out front. (I assumed the church had one of those signs I had seen on many other churches.)

I asked google to find me a picture and it couldn't find anything. I decided I had to go to the horse's mouth (so to speak) and went directly to Trinity Church of Christ, Chicago!

Okay. The picture on the home page was too small. Now, I am going to have to wander around the site to find something. I'm clicking and clicking and finding nothing.

However, what I did find was a page called "Ministries", which I click hoping to find something I can use.

But, what I do find, is a church that reaches out to so many different people--every member possible in their community. More than what the GOP-controlled media had dared discuss: gays, single parents, prisoners, people who are living with HIV/AIDS, seniors, cancer survivors/patients and students at every level.

I never did find a picture, but those few minutes I spent wandering aimlessly through their webpage let me see a man the GOP-controlled media was never going to show.

We bring you back to this regularly scheduled post

P.S. I still did try to make a joke (through exaggeration) about how "dangerous" this man was.

the point being, I was going to do something, and didn't get around to doing it.

Swamp Rat  (1000+ posts)      Sat Apr-26-08 01:01 AM
35. k&r
 "I see him as just a leftie version of Pat Robertson, James Dobson, etc."

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

refering to themselves...it will make you go blind you knw.

scarletwoman  (1000+ posts)      Sat Apr-26-08 01:24 AM
Response to Reply #35
36. Oh good grief!
 Posts like that are so damn depressing. Two-dimensional thinking is going to doom us -- peoples GOT to get to multi-dimensional.

The biggest challenge of our lives right now is to somehow inspire enough people to wake up in time to avert major planetary catastrophe.

Yup- let the redwhich? get into power and we is DUoMM'D!!!

Herdin_Cats (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-26-08 06:04 AM
 46. I'm not Christian, but I would totally go to a church where Reverand Wright was pastor. 
 Edited on Sat Apr-26-08 06:06 AM by Herdin_Cats
It would be great to go to church and hear such insightful, intelligent, prophetic words of truth.
All I've ever heard in a church was pablum. The same pablum every week.

It was a beautiful interview.

It breaks my heart to know what the media has done to this compassionate, brilliant man who has done so much for his community.

Edited to add: Obama's association with this great man makes me think more of him, not less. 

:thatsright:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline stickyboot

Re: I LOVE Rev. Wright! He is absolutely, totally correct..
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:12:10 AM »
Gag me with a spork and drink the spiked Kool-Aid.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:17:32 AM »
Two-dimensional thinking is going to doom us -- peoples GOT to get to multi-dimensional.

"Multi-dimensional thinking"="sophomoric revelations while totally stoned"
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 10:21:43 AM »
I listed to two of his "sermons" last night as I was sewing.  There were the full sermons so you could not mistake the context of his message.  He comes off MUCH worse than he did originally.   I know that they believe the same things Wright believes but the majority of America does not.  I say go ahead and hitch your wagon to this bigot, you will lose big time.

Edited to say:  All the Republicans have to do is pay for one commercial and play one of the "Rev.'s" sermons in full.  There is no way in hell Obama could sit in that church for 20 years and not have some of this shit rub off on him. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:24:05 AM by BEG »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 10:23:35 AM »
Well, who is surprised?  The average poster on DemocratUnderground.com would like to see "God Damn America" replace "In God We Trust" as our national motto.  

There are no Americans left on DemocratUnderground.com.  The place hosts only an isolated minority, the mentally ill subversives, who would not be welcomed anywhere else.

I read somewhere above in an DU idiot's post that there is no devil.  It is a testament to his dark powers that he can reside within their souls and they don't even realize he is there.  

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 02:35:13 PM »
Wright is a hateful racist...EOM  :censored:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 04:10:33 PM »
Two-dimensional thinking is going to doom us -- peoples GOT to get to multi-dimensional.

"Multi-dimensional thinking"="sophomoric revelations while totally stoned"

H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »
I listed to two of his "sermons" last night as I was sewing.  There were the full sermons so you could not mistake the context of his message.  He comes off MUCH worse than he did originally.   I know that they believe the same things Wright believes but the majority of America does not.  I say go ahead and hitch your wagon to this bigot, you will lose big time.

Edited to say:  All the Republicans have to do is pay for one commercial and play one of the "Rev.'s" sermons in full.  There is no way in hell Obama could sit in that church for 20 years and not have some of this shit rub off on him. 

whoooo....Had a huge fruedian mental slip when you typed sewing, dear.
 I'm just glad no one got hurt!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 04:16:22 PM »
scarletwoman  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-25-08 11:09 PM
Response to Reply #7
9. Oh good grief! "the devil"?!?! Is this the Middle Ages?
 There's no such thing as "the devil", there's only human ego, indulging its lowest impulses.

Rev. Wright calls on us to honor our highest selves. Plus, he's obviously a heavyweight thinker.

A very admirable human being.

sw

No.  Rev. Wright gives those have failed an excuse.  "It's not my fault.  I live in the USofKKKA". 
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 05:08:03 PM »
There's no delusion like self-delusion.  Wotta 'tard.

:hammer:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »
Like my quote in my sig line at CU says, "Those Who Will Be Cruel To The Kind, Will Be Kind To The Cruel".

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 09:01:24 PM »
scarletwoman  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-25-08 10:47 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3209420
I LOVE Rev. Wright!

Of course you do sweetie, of course you do. Just like you love Fidel and Hugo and Hamas and Ward and Noam and Mahmoud and all those U.S.-hating, flag-burning, kill-the-rich ****tards who would love nothing better than to burn America down and rebuild it in their own sick image. Gotta blaaaaaame that America first. So hip and trendy. So radical chic. Reverend Wright of the Church Of What's Happenin' Now is the latest to give his homeland a good gouging so why wouldn't you be ready to fellate him? Hell, I'm surprised you haven't written him a mash note. Have you?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself