Author Topic: Who gave this illegal President and his corporate thugs  (Read 2014 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Who gave this illegal President and his corporate thugs
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:53:09 AM »
But I thought they loved the EU?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3210582

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sat Apr-26-08 10:32 AM
Original message
Who gave this illegal President and his corporate thugs permission to make us a European like union? Even the EU was to be for currency and trade. They made it government without citizen approval. They are doing the same underhanded act here.

Did we elect anyone to do this? It's all done in secret behind closed doors so it is not in our best interest. Why weren't the protests on the media. I didn't even hear Air America talk about it. Maybe Thom Hartmann a little.

The leading candidates who will be part of this new union? Nope Na Da. It is outrageous that they fail to talk about. Does it make a difference since they will be puppets of the WTO and the secret elite organizations.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5716282.html

Is this not treason Congress? You violate your oath of office.

If this is a democracy why silence the protestors (who are citizens and pay for govenment) and the media?

Boot click.

Only one post so far, and it's as ramblingly insane as this one. Can they ever be happy?

I don't think so.

From the article linked:

Trade the talk of summit, but controversy looms
Bush meets with North American leaders this week in New Orleans

By JULIE MASON
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau

TOOLS
Email  Get section feed 
Print  Recommend (3) 
Comments (36)  Yahoo! Buzz
WASHINGTON — With free trade issues looming large in the race to replace him, President Bush this week convenes his final North American Leaders' Summit, focusing on trade, economic and security issues with counterparts from Mexico and Canada.

Bush is hosting Mexican President Felipe Calderon and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper in New Orleans for a two-day conference starting today. It is the fourth annual meeting of a summit that first convened in 2005 in Waco.

"We'd like to enhance and strengthen an already dynamic and strong relationship, to deepen the cooperation by building on the common interests of our citizens," said Dan Fisk, senior director of Western Hemisphere Affairs for the National Security Council. "The North American relationship works; we believe it works well for all three countries, but we also believe we can make it work better."

Opponents speak up
The conference is not expected to yield any significant new breakthroughs or agreements, and is more of a status conference by the leaders and their staffs. Even so, the summit is not without controversy.

The "Security and Prosperity Partnership," as the three call their shared agenda, has been met with alarm and anger by some, most prominently by CNN commentator Lou Dobbs, who argues that it's a first step toward a blended North American Union modeled on the European Union that will result in a loss of American sovereignty.
Bush, who has vigorously promoted trade and economic cooperation with his neighbors, last year dismissed such claims as "political scare tactics."

Voices on the left also oppose the alliance, claiming the leaders put the interests of business and trade before workers and the environment. A spate of protests are planned for New Orleans, including a shadow "people's summit."

New Orleans as a host
The choice of New Orleans to host the event was Bush's idea, a White House source said. However, the city's struggling recovery from 2005's Hurricane Katrina is not expected to be a major topic at the summit.

Instead, the leaders are planning to focus on a broad, five-point agenda that includes competitiveness, border issues, energy and environment, food and product safety, and emergency preparedness for natural disasters and other events.

The 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement, championed by Bush, has become a significant issue in the 2008 presidential campaign, with both Democratic contenders blaming the pact for job losses and labor issues abroad and vowing to renegotiate the agreement if elected. Fisk and others said the North American leaders seem happy with the deal and are not expected to spend time on it.

Canada is the United States' largest trading partner, while Mexico is the third. Trade between the three countries totals about $2.5 billion a day, or $930 billion a year. Canada and Mexico are major oil exporters to the U.S.

Expected topics
John Diamond, an economist at the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy at Rice University, said any move by Bush to change NAFTA "would create problems" with the other two partners.

Generally, Bush's relations with Calderon and Harper are positive and businesslike, analysts said. Their shared economic interests tend to supersede thornier issues.

"I think in general there is a high level of coordination and consultation," said Peter DeShazo, director of the Americas Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "There are always bilateral issues that are points of discord because variables in relationships are so great ... (but) the overall importance of the relationships is considerable."

Harper, whose Canadian government is likely to spend $1 billion on the conflict in Afghanistan this year, is expected to address the issue of Canada's stressed troop levels with Bush.

Calderon is expected to press Bush on migration and border issues, including easing travel restrictions and possibly the border fence, in addition to Bush's $500 million Merida Initiative to address drug-related crime in Mexico.

julie.mason@chron.com
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

Re: Who gave this illegal President and his corporate thugs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:44:32 AM »
Europe and Nazism.

Europe and communism.

Ans now Europe and the EU.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »
This is a bit bizarre.  I thought One World was what the Lefties wanted.  An AU modeled after the EU should be their wet dream.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »
This is a bit bizarre.  I thought One World was what the Lefties wanted.  An AU modeled after the EU should be their wet dream.

It is their wet dream....but all logic is tossed out the the vent hole in the septic tank as long as a Republican administration is occupying the White House.  Don't try to make sense of it.  There is none to make.

This is why the exact same day-to-day presidential actions which were perfectly fine and unremarkable during the Clinton Administration is now the devil's work.  The goal of all liberals is to make as much noise and unrest as possible during a Republican administration in the hope that normal people will grow so weary of the antics and noise that they will capitulate and vote for the next democrat out of pure exhaustion.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »

They don't know what they want.  All they know is that they don't want what ever they have.  If the actually attain what they want they wont want that either.  They live to be outraged and perpetually offended.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »

It is their wet dream....but all logic is tossed out the the vent hole in the septic tank as long as a Republican administration is occupying the White House.  Don't try to make sense of it.  There is none to make.

This is why the exact same day-to-day presidential actions which were perfectly fine and unremarkable during the Clinton Administration is now the devil's work.  The goal of all liberals is to make as much noise and unrest as possible during a Republican administration in the hope that normal people will grow so weary of the antics and noise that they will capitulate and vote for the next democrat out of pure exhaustion.

My son said the same thing.  He said he almost wished Kerry would have won so they would shut the hell up already.  I told him he was a foolish young lad, they will never shut up.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 11:22:28 AM »

My son said the same thing.  He said he almost wished Kerry would have won so they would shut the hell up already.  I told him he was a foolish young lad, they will never shut up.

Your son is a good example of how their tactics are successful to a certain degree.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 11:27:04 AM »

Your son is a good example of how their tactics are successful to a certain degree.

I agree

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 11:37:17 AM »

They don't know what they want.  All they know is that they don't want what ever they have.  If the actually attain what they want they wont want that either.  They live to be outraged and perpetually offended.
:clap:

H5

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »
To answer the OP:

Article II gives the president to negotiate treaties that are then ratified or rejected by the senate.

DUmbasses
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »
Why do I keep hearing Dan Akroyd saying, "Jane you ignorant slut!"

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 02:08:12 PM »

Yea, I thought European was the panacea for all things DUmmy.
Isn't that what the DUmmys wanted? Universal (free) healthcare, free food and housing, and cradle to grave government nannyism.

What pray tell could have changed their minds? Must be a low BDS day.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 02:24:43 PM »

Not to sound too much like a broken record but, their angst pleases me. I find it highly satisfying to see evil being tormented so much.
Nice thing about it is, I don't have to lift a finger to impose this torment on them. They impose it upon themselves.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »

Yea, I thought European was the panacea for all things DUmmy.
Isn't that what the DUmmys wanted? Universal (free) healthcare, free food and housing, and cradle to grave government nannyism.

What pray tell could have changed their minds? Must be a low BDS day.

And, the Europeans have voted for their economic interests.  See where it got them?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.