Author Topic: TiT sighting!  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Miss Mia

TiT sighting!
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:26:19 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5689926

horseface  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Apr-25-08 09:13 PM
Original message
Important news about Obamas Ties

He would often not even wear a tie rather just do that unbuttoned shirt thing. Then occasions arose where he had to wear a tie. For awhile it was a disaster. He only had like two ties, remember that? I do. I prayed nightly, "Dear God, please send your holy tie bearer to Barack Obama. He needs more ties!"

And now, though I refuse to post pics of his now successful tie collection because I'm going to go make a smoothie and don't feel like looking for them, I just wanted to make this post in honor of barack Obamas tie guy, wherever you may be, whoever you are, this ones for you.

MercutioATC  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Apr-25-08 09:17 PM
Response to Original message
2. Agreed. Cool ties are killer.

...and, if you can pull it off, cool suspenders.

Think David Hyde Pierce (Niles) on Frazier. Best collection of cool suspenders ever.

TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-25-08 09:19 PM
Response to Reply #2
4. Yeah, especially when they get caught in the fanbelt.

I do have a tie, though.

Wore it once.

Hand-painted by a blind painter.

MercutioATC Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-25-08 09:45 PM
Response to Reply #4
8. Ties aren't as much about being acceptedly stylish as they are about being different.

...at least, that's my philosophy.

TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-25-08 09:18 PM
Response to Original message
3. He could have mine.

But I only have one, painted by the one and only Ginny Doyle, a great painter who has lost her sight.

So, on second thought, I suppose I will keep it.

Never mind.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
Re: TiT sighting!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 01:33:42 AM »
I actually did an interview with that tie that I'd like to share...

Flippy: Hello ladies and gentlemen. Today we are lucky enough to do a rare interview with TiT's tie. How are you doing today.

Tie: Honestly, I'm all knotted up at the thought of being here.

Flippy: No need to be. Just tell us a bit about yourself.

Tie: I'm awesome.

Flippy: So we've heard. Can you explain?

Tie: First, I'm owned by the Titman. I'm his only tie. Did you know he's the second most decorated enlisted man in the history of the Navy?

Flippy: Ummm, yeah, we all know that little tale.

Tie: Titman is awesome too.

Flippy: So he says, but getting back to you, we've read that you were hand-painted by a blind painter.

Tie: That's what the Titman says, but my awesomeness goes much deeper than that.

Flippy: Explain please.

Tie: Okay, do you remember back during the American Revolution when George Washington crossed the Delaware River and captured the Hessians in Trenton?

Flippy: Yes. That is viewed by many as a turning point for the colonials.

Tie: What's not been told is that just before the battle began George Washington's eyes were blinded by sweat. I was cut from the very cloth that he used to wipe his eyes. If he hadn't wiped the sweat from his eyes so he could see the battle would have been lost.

Flippy: Wait a second! Wasn't it freezing cold when that battle took place!

Tie: ...well...you can sweat in the cold. Plus, he was nervous having me around because he knew I was...I was...okay! He knew I was once part of the same cloth that was used to make the Shroud of Turin! Yeah. He was scared that I'd get damaged and that had him sweating.

Flippy: Sure. Right. I'll give you credit for one thing. You're pretty fast at coming up with stuff.

Tie: Well, that's probably due in part to my being the second most decorated neckware item in the haberdasher's shop.

Flippy: <sigh>

Tie: It's true. Like when Columbus made his first voyage across the Atlantic. It's a little known fact that near the end of the first leg of the trip his sail was shredded in a storm. They were dead at sea. He didn't have enough cloth to repair the sail. Luckily he had me and was able to stitch me into the sail to repair it. If not for me he never would have discovered the New World.

Flippy: Okay, I've heard enough. I think it's time to bring out our second "guest".

Tie: Hey!!! There's a moth over there!!!

Flippy: I know. He's our second guest. We call him the moth of truth.

<noise and commotion>

Flippy: Wow. I never would have thought that a tie could actually run. Of course I should have expected it. It's not like he's just any old piece of neckware. He's TiT's awesome only tie.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 05:30:41 AM by FlippyDoo »
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 02:50:09 AM »
With copying the entire thing, Flippy, that was priceless. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

P.S. I think it was "the second-most decorated enlisted man in the history of the Navy." But hell, he's just a stupid tie-what does he know? Maybe there's some dribbled wine stains covering up that part.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 03:35:40 AM »
Flippy: I know. He's our second guest. We call him the moth of truth.

<noise and commotion>

Flippy: Wow. I never would have thought that a tie could actually run. Of course I should have expected it. It's not like he's just any old piece of neckware. He's TiT's awesome only tie.

Just hilarious, thanks Flippy.  :lmao:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 04:34:10 AM »
Another awesome post by FlippyDoo! :-)

BTW, H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 05:32:57 AM »

P.S. I think it was "the second-most decorated enlisted man in the history of the Navy." But hell, he's just a stupid tie-what does he know? Maybe there's some dribbled wine stains covering up that part.

You are absolutely correct. I did leave out "decorated". I've got it changed now. It's tough typing when you're a half Irish Setter, half pigeon fictional spirit guide.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 07:53:41 AM »

You are absolutely correct. I did leave out "decorated". I've got it changed now. It's tough typing when you're a half Irish Setter, half pigeon fictional spirit guide.

With the wings or the paws?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 09:35:35 AM »
or his pecker?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »

I know. And I meant to say "without." But you're still effortlessly awesome in all of your incarnations, unlike some characters who pretend to be.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 10:28:15 AM »
Fantastic Flippie!

H5!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.