Author Topic: The Dumwits question abortion as murder  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Amityschild

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Saved by Grace
The Dumwits question abortion as murder
« on: April 23, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »
This one just leaves me speechless.

Rex_Goodheart (1000+ posts)      Wed Apr-23-08 10:56 AM
Original message
Abortion is murder?
 Advertisements [?]The "pro-life" crowd is so full of horseshit. Hardly anybody REALLY deems it murder. How do I know this?

Imagine a society where a million or so unwanted orphans or foster kids are rounded up and exterminated. There would be massive rioting in the streets to end the slaughter. Civil war, even.

Where's the violence over the abortions? 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3196660
"100 per cent of us die, and the percentage cannot be increased."
--C.S. Lewis   _______________________________________
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
--Mark Twain

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: The Dumwits question abortion as murder
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »
Yeah where is the violence over abortions!?!?!?  Maybe we should start some violence to make the DUmmies happy? 
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »

Original message
Abortion is murder?
 Advertisements [?]The "pro-life" crowd is so full of horseshit. Hardly anybody REALLY deems it murder. How do I know this?

Imagine a society where a million or so unwanted orphans or foster kids are rounded up and exterminated. There would be massive rioting in the streets to end the slaughter. Civil war, even.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3196660

At one time there was and, thank God, wiser heads have prevailed.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Amityschild

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Saved by Grace
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 04:06:36 PM »

Original message
Abortion is murder?

At one time there was and, thank God, wiser heads have prevailed.

In the late 80's I participated in Operation Rescue...hundreds and hundreds of us were arrested.  We behaved peaceably at all times.  Now, on the other hand, you had the DUmmie hoards in their body sized condoms, kicking old ladies.  True story.  And the joy of Gloria Allred egging them all on thru a megaphone   :thatsright:
--Mark Twain

Offline Amityschild

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Saved by Grace
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »
Ferret Mike (827 posts)       Wed Apr-23-08 11:38 AM
Response to Reply #5
14. Did I advocate control?
 I think that 9-11 was an inside job and the power elite is moving toward destroying this country in order to create the North American Union, (NAU).

I don't advocate making any laws regarding abortion. My opinion is my opinion and I don't seek to impose it on anyone else. If a woman feels different about it than I do, she should still have the right to go get an abortion.

I don't trust any laws anymore that seek to control behavior or legislate morality.
I have many dear female friends who have had abortions, and I don't guilt trip a one of them over their choice. 

Of course you don't  :mental:

CTyankee  (1000+ posts)      Wed Apr-23-08 02:17 PM
Response to Reply #2
29. Well, my goodness, if you feel that way
 I certainly hope you don't ever have one!

So simple, yet so bothersome to the furtive one

Ferret Mike (827 posts)       Wed Apr-23-08 04:19 PM
Response to Reply #29
49. How cool, someone else from the Nutmeg state.
 Edited on Wed Apr-23-08 04:30 PM by Ferret Mike
I am from Clinton, CT originally. Hope things are warmer there then it is here in Oregon this spring.

I am a gay man, honey, don't worry about little old me having an abortion. *Sigh* I've tried to get preggers love, but for some reason nothing seems to work.

I also don't worship anyone nailed up on any cross either, I am of Wicca. I also don't need lessons in empathy as you imply. With all due respect you assume too much about me and why I feel as I do. You see, my opinion is not at all predicated by a desire to control and dominate women in a patriarchal manner as a radical rightwing wingnut might.

Thanks for sharing by the way.

And BINGO!  Let's diss on the Christians.
--Mark Twain

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 09:02:14 AM »
^so the ferret one doesn't worship Jesus who died on a cross but will worship the trees used to make the cross??? *do I have wicca right???
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 09:32:15 AM »

Ah, but what if there was no "roundup" and the little tykes were taken individually, randomly, and anonymously to a little "killing clinic" down at the strip mall to have their little heads punctured and have their brains sucked out?  What if the Supreme Court of the United States said this was a perfectly acceptable thing to do?

What if everyone who objected to this practices was made to feel as if they were the most backward rights-denying troglodytes to ever breath air.  What if this condemnation was backed up by every mainstream media outlet and loudmouthed liberal with a proverbial megaphone?

Would there still be massive "rioting in the street"?  Or would we have the same social climate we now have with abortion?  Can we call it murder?  You decide.

If you are going to make up analogies to prove some pagan point, lets do it apples-for-apples, ok DUmbass?