Author Topic: skidmarked underwear primitive goes on long  (Read 2757 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
skidmarked underwear primitive goes on long
« on: April 22, 2008, 01:27:07 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3185216

Oh my.

The skidmarked underwear primitive in eastern Iowa, the primitive who several months ago expressed a hope that political dissent in this country be physically suppressed, that political dissidents be bullied into silence.

Skidmore  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 08:31 PM
Original message

How much longer can you afford $3.50/gal gas to drive to a minimum wage job with no benefits?

We haven't even gotten to the point where we are talking about paying the mortgage or rent or buying milk at $5/gal. or bread at $3.50/loaf, or meat at $4-$5/lb for what used to be the poor cuts. Oranges at $.90/ea., apples at $1.58/lb (that would be 1.5 apples in that pound), or potatoes at $5/3 lb. bag? God help if you get sick and need a doctor.

Are you hurting yet? We are.

Well, if it was any other primitive, I might feel some sympathy, but it's the skidmarked underwear primitive, who likes the idea of political dissidents being bloodied and jackbooted.

chimpsrsmarter  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 08:35 PM
Response to Original message

1. i bought a loaf of wheat bread today, not fancy just some Sara lee and it was $4.18

"holy shit! are you kidding me?"

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 08:39 PM
Response to Reply #1

6. Try checking out some locally-baked bread.

Here, I am seeing really great breads are now priced pretty much the same as label stuff.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 08:35 PM

3. We haven't seen $3.50 gas in a month.

$4 today.

Things are hard, here.

But I can make do on two or three $11 bottles of wine and be fine for the day. Nice thing about living right by Wine Country is the price of decent wine.

But I'm getting tired of rice.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 08:46 PM
Response to Reply #7

13. Hey, I've lost 25 pounds since October.

Actually, I lost that much between Oct-Now.

Plus the 135 pounds I lost when I moved out of my house in January.

And I do not miss her one bit.

speedbumpspeedbumpspeedbump.....

elocs  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 09:12 PM

21. As far as the price of food goes, lets be real here:

in the U.S. we pay less for food as a percentage of our income than anyone else in the world.

"Americans Spend Less Than 10 percent of Disposable Income on Food"

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/july192006/food_pric...

"The U.S. consumer is spending a bit more of their disposable income to purchase food than the previous year, but they still enjoy the cheapest, most abundant food supply in the world, according to new statistics released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

USDA's Economic Research Service (ERS) has recently released food expenditure statistics for 2005. They show that Americans are spending, on average, 9.9 percent of their disposable income on food.

That's up slightly from 9.7 percent in 2004 but very consistent with figures over the past five years. The percentage dropped to single digits for the first time in recorded U.S. history in 2000.

Twenty years ago, American consumers spent 11.7 percent of their disposable income on food. Thirty years ago, that figure was 15.1 percent. Going back in history, Americans spent about 20 percent of their income on food about the time today's baby boomers were born. In 1933, the figure was more than 25 percent."

I am sure that higher food prices as well as higher fuel prices hurt the working poor more than the rest of us, but overall we have some of the lowest food and fuel price in the world. I only take home less than $16000 a year and although I live very thrifty, but better than most of the rest of the people of the world, high fuel prices have not hurt me much.

The typical selfish narcisstic primitive response:

Breeze54  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 09:14 PM
Response to Reply #21

24. I don't live in the rest of the world, so?

It's not relative to me and my buying food HERE!

elocs  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 09:28 PM
Response to Reply #24

27. Well, I don't live in MA so it's not relative to me and my buying food HERE!

Now isn't that special?

My point is simply that I live better and more cheaply than most of the rest of the world so I appreciate what I have and don't feel the need to bitch too much. Not only is my food cheaper, but I make more money to buy it. Simple concept.

Hmmm.  It looks like to me the eloise primitive might merit promotion from the unterprimitiven, the lynch mob, up past the third-tier and second-tier primitives, into first-tier primitivery.

But the selfish narcisstic primitives aren't buying it:

Breeze54  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 09:34 PM
Response to Reply #27

29. I got your point but it doesn't matter, I live here and have to deal with 'here'.

I'll bitch all I want! Prices are high and times are tough for many!

I think I'm going to keep my eye on the breezy primitive; he looks interesting for a Freudian case-study.

WhinsChap  (7 posts) Mon Apr-21-08 11:19 AM

40. the repukes are starting to blame it on Congress

Got an email from BIL this morning (who is always sending me right wing crap). They had a comparison of what things cost before the democrats took congress last year. I was so mad that I deleted it before I would reply with something that I regretted. He's a good BIL, who always helps us out when needed; he just has his head mixed up. He goes to some big 1st Baptist church who preaches nothing but right wing this and that, nothing but hate if you ask me. Now I wished I would have kept that email so you guys could see what kind of hate these people are sending out.

Well, I dunno.

In April 2006, six months before the mid-term elections, the Democrats promised that if they won control of Congress they would bring down gasoline prices.

What's up with that?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: skidmarked underwear primitive goes on long
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 02:04:20 PM »
chimpsrsmarter  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-20-08 08:35 PM

1. i bought a loaf of wheat bread today, not fancy just some Sara lee and it was $4.18

"holy shit! are you kidding me?"

I don't know...I just baked a loaf of bread yesterday (I used a bread machine so it took about 5 minutes to put it together) and my bag of Bob's Red Mill whole wheat bread flour cost what that single loaf of bread did. At about 3 cups of flour a loaf, I'll get about a month's worth of bread before I have to buy more flour. Prices may have gone up but there are always ways to save.

WhinsChap  (7 posts) Mon Apr-21-08 11:19 AM

40. the repukes are starting to blame it on Congress

Got an email from BIL this morning (who is always sending me right wing crap). They had a comparison of what things cost before the democrats took congress last year. I was so mad that I deleted it before I would reply with something that I regretted. He's a good BIL, who always helps us out when needed; he just has his head mixed up. He goes to some big 1st Baptist church who preaches nothing but right wing this and that, nothing but hate if you ask me. Now I wished I would have kept that email so you guys could see what kind of hate these people are sending out.

Let's see, he's a great guy who bails your sorry ass out all the time but goes to a church that preaches hate. One wonders how he's been able to resist succumbing to the message. But then, if Obama can do it why not this DUmmie's BIL.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »
Hey Skidmore!  Other than high schoolers, how many people are working for minimum wage?  Not very many, just like I thought, DUmb ass. :banghead:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »
Hey Skidmore!  Other than high schoolers, how many people are working for minimum wage?  Not very many, just like I thought, DUmb ass. :banghead:

Actually, the skidmarked underwear primitive is a survivor of cancer.

She strikes one as a thin, wan, pallid, dragged out, exhausted later-middle-aged woman frequently asking herself, "what's the point, what's the point?"

Of course, she'd get the point of things if she'd just quit Hating, and learn to Love.

But I have only minimal, very minimal--only the minimum required by God--to "feel" for her, because of her sentiments expressed several months ago (the thread's over there in the other place) that it was okay that political dissidents be shouted down, bullied, terrorized, threatened, and that she'd like to see more of it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 02:24:54 PM »

$4 today.

Things are hard, here.

But I can make do on two or three $11 bottles of wine and be fine for the day. Nice thing about living right by Wine Country is the price of decent wine.

Well now, there you have it: Three bottles of vino a day.
Delusions of grandeur while in a drunken stupor. All the while surviving on rice, probably government rice at that.

Hey liar, howz that "Great Society" thing working out for you?
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 02:28:44 PM »
Original message

How much longer can you afford $3.50/gal gas to drive to a minimum wage job with no benefits?

We haven't even gotten to the point where we are talking about paying the mortgage or rent or buying milk at $5/gal. or bread at $3.50/loaf, or meat at $4-$5/lb for what used to be the poor cuts. Oranges at $.90/ea., apples at $1.58/lb (that would be 1.5 apples in that pound), or potatoes at $5/3 lb. bag? God help if you get sick and need a doctor.

Yes, many are hurting. Funny how those hurting the most are those most dependent on the "Great Society" government. They have no one but themselves to blame for allowing the government to enslave them for a meal ticket and public housing hovel to get their vote.
Personally, I don't care if stupid liberals starve. Darwin does have a good side you know.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 02:31:42 PM »
I know that this is heresy to a DUmmie, but I just bought a loaf of bread at WallMart for $1.39........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 02:32:33 PM »
Response to Reply #21

It's not relative to me nor the tofu dogs, soy milk, and 4,000 lbs of mega strength vitamins I buy every week at the local Rainbow Co-Op.
This is costing me a fortune and drastically cutting into my weed budget.

THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!!!111TwelvePlusFiveEqualsCarrot.

f1x0r3d

(edited to fix quoting)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:38:25 PM by PatriotGame »

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 02:34:36 PM »

High schoolers and a lot of stupid people.
Besides, if the stupid ones starve and die off, the overall intellect and survivability of the human species goes up.
Can that be so bad?  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 02:40:46 PM »

High schoolers and a lot of stupid people.
Besides, if the stupid ones starve and die off, the overall intellect and survivability of the human species goes up.
Can that be so bad?  :-)

I have always been an advocate of this form of "Darwinism"....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
Sad but true DUmbasses, the shit has hit the fan since the democrats took control of congress.  I guess the non-energy bill they passed didn't lower the price of gas like ballapelosi said it would.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Flame

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 03:10:11 PM »
So, seriously, am I the only conservtive who is finding the increase of gas costs and subsequent food costs a bit of a struggle?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 03:14:26 PM »
So, seriously, am I the only conservtive who is finding the increase of gas costs and subsequent food costs a bit of a struggle?

No, madam, I assure you that you aren't.

However, our attitude about such things is healthier than that of the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »

Well, I did have to THINK about reducing my VRWC payments and ammo reload budgets by 0.00029333278%.
I guess you could say I have a little emotional anguish over this.  :-)

(Actually the increased food prices do suck and now I read that Costco is limiting the amount of bulk rice you can buy. Now, where is that WE'RE DOOOOOMED pic I used to have?) :-) :whatever:

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 08:47:31 PM »

$4 today.

Things are hard, here.

Delusions of grandeur while in a drunken stupor. All the while surviving on rice, probably government rice at that.

Is this the "really fine wine" he boasts about? At $11 per bottle? Uh...that's about a middlin-to-okay table wine price, not a vintage. Even in wine country. Maybe he likes what he drinks, but it's not the better stuff.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 08:59:19 PM »

$4 today.

Things are hard, here.

Now this is just assinine. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming the lesser amount that's $22 a DAY which works out to about $150 a month. There's NO reason this idiot has to live on rice (and if he IS he shouldn't bitch about it). A single guy could eat very well on $150. Even cutting his consumption to one bottle would buy him a lot more than rice. Still, one wonders why he doesn't borrow from his son the professional baseball player or the drummer for Santana.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »
I know that this is heresy to a DUmmie, but I just bought a loaf of bread at WallMart for $1.39........

doc

I posted a bread recipe here the other day.  I didn't look, but it would probably cost all of 50 cents to bake.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »
Response to Reply #21

Funny.  Why isn't this their response when the United States looks after its own interests?  When they moan about the world's opinion of us?

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 09:11:43 PM »
Original message

These GENiuses haven't figured out that when you raise minimum wage, inflation follows.

They also don't realize that minimum wage jobs are not really meant to *live on*.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 10:06:05 PM »

$4 today.

Things are hard, here.

Is this the "really fine wine" he boasts about? At $11 per bottle? Uh...that's about a middlin-to-okay table wine price, not a vintage. Even in wine country. Maybe he likes what he drinks, but it's not the better stuff.

If I can remember from my college days, Thunderbird and Night Train cost far less than 11 bucks a bottle.  :-)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 07:38:11 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3185216

In April 2006, six months before the mid-term elections, the Democrats promised that if they won control of Congress they would bring down gasoline prices.

What's up with that?

For the last few months I have been searching the internets in vain for a radio commercial produced by the Democrats (The DCCC, I think) which made that suggestion among others of all the wonderful things a Democrat-Led congress would do.

I have yet to find it - its as if it never existed. the key phrase from it was something like (paraphrase)  "you can see it everytime you open up a newspaper. You can feel it every time you pull up to a gas pump. The George Bush administration and the Republicans in congress are making a mess."

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 07:44:54 AM »

$4 today.

Things are hard, here.

If I can remember from my college days, Thunderbird and Night Train cost far less than 11 bucks a bottle.  :-)

What are you, a Rockefeller? Boone's Farm is $2 a bottle! That's a whole weekend's worth of drinkin' for under $20!!!!!  :tongue:

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
This is all sortta funny to me. We use the very best of the grain crops to make whiskey, beer, etc.. And the best fruits etc. to make wine .....then some grain/soybeans etc. to make alcohol biofuel for cars and trucks to the point we are now starving ourselves to the point of losing weight...... which they say we all need to do and that it'll be good for our heath and lower overall healthcare cost.

Soon we'll all be the richest, thinnest, healthiest, drunk drivers in the world. :tongue:
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 09:25:37 AM »
I still dont understand the cost of gas is killing me line - Yes, It does cost more than I want to pay, but if you have a 15 gallon tank that gets filled once a week, it costs 60 bucks @ $4.00 a gallon. Steep, yes, but not devastating by any stretch.