Author Topic: Pedro Picasso in bizarro world  (Read 551 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Pedro Picasso in bizarro world
« on: August 11, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6273109

Oh my.

Pedro Picasso, his eyes glued to the boob-tube again, where he learns all that he knows:

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-11-09 08:48 AM
Original message

The bizarro world of the GOP health care debate, as defined by Rep. Peter King...

I've listened to this bullshit for over a week and I'm tired of it. Rep. Peter King, (R - I Hate Clintons) was on MSNBC this morning spouting about how health care is NOT a big issue with the American people. No one really cares about it, they're more focused on jobs.

Kinda got me to thinking; why the hell are all these "genuine" people turning up at town hall meetings? Are they interested or not? I don't see them turning up at any other town halls. But when it's about health care, HOO BOY! They're everywhere. They're mad! They demand to be heard!

'Cept Americans don't really care. Really. Rep. Peter King (R - Pharma's Whore) said so.

Oh, I dunno.

Whenever I get one of those "surveys" asking me to "prioritize" issues, health care doesn't even cut the top 25, maybe not even the top 100, of things I care about.  I think education, the right to life, buildings and roads, national defense, election fraud, the environment, the 2nd amendment, taxes, governmental spending, crime and violence, family values, restoring equlibrium on the Supreme Court, rampant corruption in blue cities and blue states, &c., &c., &c., in no particular order, are more urgent matters than the current health care system.

And besides, the freeloading primitives get too many free drugs as it is.

The bonfire's been up for a while, but apparently it's a dud, as only one other primitive showed up for it.

ejpoeta  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-11-09 09:21 AM
Response to Original message

1. and i do believe that most of the questions folks asked during debates and other town halls before the elections.... they were about jobs, economy or health care. yet, people aren't interested in this topic. interesting...
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Pedro Picasso in bizarro world
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 03:10:54 PM »
'Cept Americans don't really care. Really. Rep. Peter King (R - Pharma's Whore) said so.

This dude is so far behind the times Polls show nearly 60% are opposed to the health bill.

and BIG PHARMA is on OBAMA'S SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who is the whore now?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 03:17:19 PM »
Most of 'the mob' Ive seen pictures of at these rallies are clearly retired AARP types. The average working American really doesn't care about healthcare beyond insuring the availability of doctors, and the freedom to choose them. As a rule, most working Americans don't get all that sick.

So, Atman - I have to agree with King, Working Americans are currently concerned about working. Once they have secure jobs, the other bills and concerns will work themselves out (in most cases) -- including heathcare.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
He absolutely doesn't get what the uproar is about!  What a dimbulb.  It reminds me, at teaparty times, when they sit around scratching their heads saying "what are these teabaggers all about?  What's their beef?"  All you have to do is READ THE SIGNS Dumbasses!   This deathscare bill is being pounded on because Americans see it for what it is.  The dismantling of this country into totalitarianism. 

P.S.  I like Peter King and I wish he would run for senate. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 07:53:50 PM »
P.S.  I like Peter King and I wish he would run for senate. 

I believe that he's running for Gillibrand's seat.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 08:02:39 PM »
Quote from:
Atman

I've listened to this bullshit for over a week and I'm tired of it.

Yet you continue to watch.  :loser:

Bottom line is people are wondering why Dear Leader big ears is trying to ram though a healthcare plan that people are very opposed to having rather than focusing on doing what's necessary to get gov't out of the way so that working people can create the economic circumstances that will produce jobs.  No, the two are not linked except in the eye of the weakminded.  Pedro's too stupid to know what's good for him.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 08:10:32 PM »
Disney Channel stars just did a promo for saving the planet... ugh..

they declared a "pledge of allegiance to the Ploanet"

good lord