Author Topic: primitives awed by peppers as a snack  (Read 743 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives awed by peppers as a snack
« on: July 30, 2009, 12:11:22 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=236x67343

Oh my.

The Doctor.  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jul-27-09 08:34 PM
Original message

Ok... now HOW awesome is it...

When you've cultivated your young children in such a way that they ask for red, yellow, green, or orange bell peppers as a snack?

Got a little pride going on is all.

Never mind; probably got a big cardboard box of peppers at a food bank.

First up, the unfrocked warped primitive:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jul-27-09 11:15 PM
Response to Original message

1. I did when I was a kid, only green ones were available but I wasn't fond of salty stuff and allergic to most citrus, so v*****s were pretty much it unless it was summer and seasonal fruits were in.

Imagine the revelation many years later when supermarkets started to carry ripe peppers in rainbow colors. The problem with green peppers is that they taste unripe. The rainbow peppers don't have that nasty, unfinished undertone.

It's almost too bad I've discovered the dried mangoes at Costco.

Oh geezuz.

Is there any food other than chocolate that the defrocked warped primitive's not "allergic" to?

The Doctor.  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-28-09 11:36 AM
Response to Reply #1

3. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that a much higher percentage of 'liberals' grew up on healthy foods than 'conservatives'.

Oh, I dunno.

The older brothers and sisters were all liberal Democrats, and they all died 20-30 years before their times, from ailments in which unhealthy diets were a factor.

franksolich is a conservative Republican, and has no ailments connected with an unhealthy diet.  And franksolich is still in this time and place, and fully intends to remain in it a great deal longer.

The doctored primitive doesn't know shit with his broad brush.

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-28-09 01:08 PM
Response to Reply #3

5. My mother hated to cook so I grew up on dreck for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The snacks were healthy, though.

They didn't have home economics classes for girls, circa 1965-1969, where the decaped warped primitive could've learned how to cook?

Vinca  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-29-09 08:00 AM
Response to Original message

9. Good for you!

It was "Twinkies, Devil Dogs or Ring Dings" when I was a kid.

Which explains why in her old age the vindictive primitive needs her hips replaced, from all the weight they've carried through the decades.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: primitives awed by peppers as a snack
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »
Response to Reply #1

3. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that a much higher percentage of 'liberals' grew up on healthy foods than 'conservatives'.
I'm not so sure about that.
I don't know of any conservatives who were raised on government cheese.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:55:31 PM »
My kids grew up on all kinds of food, healthy and junk. Why bother having a chocolate chip cookie if it's made with carob, applesauce and whole wheat flour? If you want a sweet, gooey snack, have one...the world won't end and you won't die from the experience. Sheesh!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Bill

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 02:16:59 PM »

When you've cultivated your young children in such a way that they ask for red, yellow, green, or orange bell peppers as a snack?

Got a little pride going on is all.

Never mind; probably got a big cardboard box of peppers at a food bank.

Their a Democrat! They must be poor and on welfare!! Probably a minority too. Not that promoting your children to eat fruits and vegetables would actually be beneficial or anything. Never mind his user name is Doctor. . .
Lets make fun of them!

Not that conservatives hunt for their own meat or anything and bypass all the processing & antibiotics feed to cows now. . .

Political allegiance is totally the best indicator on food consumption.   :banghead:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 04:09:57 PM »
Quote from: The Simpsons
Betsy: It's all about little substitutions. If you want to eat something, eat a bell pepper. Crave something sweet? Eat a bell pepper. Want a beer? Bell pepper.
Homer Simpson: It tastes good like pepper, but crunchy like a bell.
Betsy: Bell pepper!

And once again, life imitates cartoons on Skin's Island.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 04:22:43 PM »
Response to Reply #1

Scotch whiskey still hasn't killed Fat Teddy yet, although he's so pickled he'll never decompose....

I look at it this way, I'm a Human, I'm on the TOP of the food chain, I'll eat whatever the hell I want!

FWIW, 'vegetarian' is an old Indian word for "piss poor hunter"....

AND, If we weren't meant to eat animals, then why did God make them out of meat?
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »
Response to Reply #1

Let`s see....who is more likely to take the time to prepare a decent meal and make sure their kids eat that and who is more likely too lazy,stoned or stupid to so will just throw a 5 at the kid and point them towards McDonalds or a snack machine?

Nuff said.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »
Let`s see....who is more likely to take the time to prepare a decent meal and make sure their kids eat that and who is more likely too lazy,stoned or stupid to so will just throw a 5 at the kid and point them towards McDonalds or a snack machine?

Nuff said.

Reminds me of that photograph of those two fat kids chomping down in a McDonald's in New York City; their parents were obviously liberal Democrats, if not primitives too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 04:46:56 PM »
Holy Cow!!!

Under Obumbler Care I would have to pay for the shoulder the DUmbass just popped from patting itself on the back so hard.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 04:56:33 PM »
The Doctor.  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jul-27-09 08:34 PM
Original message

When you've cultivated your young children in such a way that they ask for red, yellow, green, or orange Peyote and Mushrooms as a snack?

Got a righteous buzz going on is all.

f1x0r3d...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »
Response to Reply #1

Bzzzzt. You Fail.

I grew up eating mostly fruit and vegetables.  A little red meat and lots of seafood.

Fruit and vegetables, those not grown at home were purchased directly from the producer at what would be called a "farmers market". They were even "Organic" (A term I particularly despise BTW).

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 11:05:46 PM »
Geesh...I'm a conservative ...so therefore what I eat is going to kill me?

Damn....I hate it when I find out I'm not smart enough to know what to eat and not eat...and I have to be told what I should eat... :thatsright:

Went to dinner tonight with client/friends...

Started with a lovely peach bellini....it was healthy - the peach schnapps was made from peaches and the GreyGoose vodka was made from potatoes....

Had a mixed greens and veggie salad with spicy avocado dressing....that was healthy...it was all veggies except for a bit of shredded cheese on top....the bacon or almonds were not put on it...

Then had pasta with a spicy light cream sauce with shrimp, red and green peppers, fresh spinach.....gasp...I only ate half of it and no one told me to stop eating it!

And I split a piece of warmed dutch apple pie with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream ....and we left some on the plate.....more fruit, and calcium.

Lots of veggies, some fruit, a bit of protein and calcium...... :tongue:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.