Author Topic: Whats for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 325347 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Whats for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #700 on: July 01, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »
Yep, frank is gone for the time being so I'm in any danger of getting him frazzled with my baby talk.  :lmao:

There's a few others that will have an opinion.  Watch your back.  Just sayin.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #701 on: July 01, 2012, 07:03:37 PM »
There's a few others that will have an opinion.  Watch your back.  Just sayin.

I got 3 kids, one still in elementary. I'm allowed.

Let them bring their BS's on.  :-)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #702 on: July 01, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »
Reviving this...pork spare ribs with bbq sauce, beans, corn, and watermelon...yummo!

bitchslapped for saying the "y====" word.

Rachael Ray irritates the short hairs on my ankles. Yes, it's really that bad.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #703 on: July 01, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »
bitchslapped for saying the "y====" word.

Rachael Ray irritates the short hairs on my ankles. Yes, it's really that bad.

woohoo :-)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #704 on: July 02, 2012, 05:52:37 AM »
I got 3 kids, one still in elementary. I'm allowed.

Let them bring their BS's on.  :-)

Because Frank is deaf, he could not take part in the family language Lingo that so many of us have.

Small kids often mispronounce words and for some reason the words stick within the family.

Meatlove for meat loaf
Busketi for spaghetti
Hoppie- do for Hospital

The letter L is tricky, remember that the Japanese had a devil of a time pronouncing that letter and our code Little LULU was often used to out the enemy.

Then accents, some put the Em- phi-sis on the wrong Sy-lab-al.

Then the old," How you be, I be fine,"  is a staple in our family.    Substuting the Am for Be, sort of a pig Latin of kinds.

Some family reunions are a bit of a problem for new to the family.  The old misspronounced words are the glue that helps stick the family together.

A brother and sister that had not seen each other in years finally got together and the sister who was called Vell was met by brother who called her Bell as he as older brother could not pronounce the V  as a 5 year old  caused his sister to break into tears.

Betcha we could all write a book on the quirks that come with being around kids as they attempt to learn how to wrap their teeth and tongue about their mouth to imitate the spoken words of Adults.

BTW, to this day I still call Orange Juice as Orange Shoes.   Childhood is so very short and precious, this is one way out side of pictures to keep the joy alive with memories of their childhood.  The now adult who hears parents and siblings using the words they themselves mispronounced as a child insures that they have not been forgotten. 

Offline Karin

« Reply #705 on: July 06, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »
Alrighty then. 

Reviving this...pork spare ribs with bbq sauce, beans, corn, and watermelon...yummo!

^^ The perfect summer dinner.   :drool:   I have no idea what's for dinner tonight.  It's hot as hell here. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #706 on: July 06, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
Alrighty then. 

^^ The perfect summer dinner.   :drool:   I have no idea what's for dinner tonight.  It's hot as hell here. 

Cracker Salad is good when it's hot.  It's in this thread .... somewhere!

:-)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jendf

« Reply #707 on: July 06, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
Pan-fried trout that my pop caught in Greer (or somewhere in that area--can't remember exactly). And some steamed veggies.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:25:05 PM by jendf »

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #708 on: July 06, 2012, 04:11:19 PM »
Chinese take out.   
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #709 on: July 06, 2012, 04:18:26 PM »
Leftovers of all the stuff we grilled on Wednesday.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #710 on: July 06, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »
Leftovers of all the stuff we grilled on Wednesday.
I have an easy way to reheat cooked meat that won't turn it to rubber... wrap it in foil and put it in a preheated 150º oven for 20-25 minutes.  It comes out pretty good.  If you have other leftovers, you can probably just toss everything into the oven and leave it for half an hour.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #711 on: July 06, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »
I have an easy way to reheat cooked meat that won't turn it to rubber... wrap it in foil and put it in a preheated 150º oven for 20-25 minutes.  It comes out pretty good.  If you have other leftovers, you can probably just toss everything into the oven and leave it for half an hour.

A little bit of round steak, didn't know how thin it was till it was thawed.  Quick slice and chop with a quick saute and we have ourselves some carne asada tacos!

Offline debk

« Reply #712 on: July 08, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
Too damn hot to eat much of anything.

I ended up making up a couple of pounds ground chuck into taco meat, and the guys have been making soft tacos with it for two days. I had a taco salad last night.

Guess I better come up with something else today. When it's 100+ outside, I just don't care.... :runaway:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »
Too damn hot to eat much of anything.

I ended up making up a couple of pounds ground chuck into taco meat, and the guys have been making soft tacos with it for two days. I had a taco salad last night.
Guess I better come up with something else today. When it's 100+ outside, I just don't care.... :runaway:

We've been making ground turkey tacos. I love the damn things, much "lighter" than beef in this heat.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jendf

« Reply #714 on: July 10, 2012, 07:27:43 PM »
Sammy from Sprout's Deli. Turkey, provolone, lettuce, tomato, red onion, sprouts, easy mayo, salt & pepper on multigrain wheat. And some Pirate's Booty.  :-)

When it's 115 effing degrees outside, that's the best I'm going to do.

Offline Karin

« Reply #715 on: July 11, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »
I know, how come you all aren't slaving over a hot stove???   :hammer: 

Leftovers from today's lunch out.  Husband's birthday, we took his kids out for lunch, I got a Reuben and half went home.  Done. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #716 on: July 11, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »
I'm doing easy stuff this week like pork chops and chicken.  Throw a couple of potatoes in the oven and sit in the couch for an hour.  That's my recipe.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #717 on: July 13, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »
Papa Murphy's Veggie Pizza.    :hyper:

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #718 on: July 13, 2012, 04:13:53 PM »
Papa Murphy's Veggie Pizza.    :hyper:

Why? 

Offline debk

« Reply #719 on: July 13, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »
That looks delicious!!!

I'm thinking pizza may be in our dinner plans too.  :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #720 on: July 13, 2012, 05:53:07 PM »
Yup.  Pizza for me!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #721 on: July 14, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »
Food.  Just don't know what kind of food yet.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #722 on: July 14, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »
Chinese take out.   
Aka "Takey Outey".
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #723 on: July 24, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »
Starch

My great grandma used to make the following recipe  Chicken which I have cooked in a crockpot, shredded, added chicken broth and a ton of Reames frozen noodles. Serve it over mashed potatoes. It is the ultimate comfort food.

I used to make homemade noodles. I used the same recipe my great grandma used to make, as did my grandma and mom but Reames frozen noodles are great so I use them, rarely do I make homemade anymore.

I was really upset when I moved to CA and they didn't carry Reames frozen noodles, commie bastard California.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #724 on: July 24, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »
Ack, I cracked my crockpot.  :censored: