Author Topic: Whats for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 332403 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Whats for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #550 on: April 14, 2011, 08:07:22 PM »
Just went to Sonic and got hot fudge sundaes for dinner. It's so much fun to be an adult.... :yahoo:

Microwaved pizza for me! 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #551 on: April 14, 2011, 08:15:03 PM »
Meatloaf and vegetables, but that's just an excuse to have dessert.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #552 on: April 14, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »
Tonight is Chicken and paneer cheese both cubed and marinated all day in a mix of yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder and garam masala then skewered with slices of bell pepper and grilled until golden brown.

Served over rice with a side serve of peeled and sliced cucumber swimming in the same yogurt mixture noted above.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #553 on: April 15, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »
When I worked as a camp counselor in college....we had buttered rice with cinnamon sugar on it for breakfast once a week. As a counselor, it was mandatory that I eat at least 3 "Girl Scout bites"....it really wasn't bad. Was a whole lot easier for me to eat than regular cereal which I detest.

I had that in pre-school and day care during the summers. I absolutely love that stuff. Only thing is, the stuff I had was rice, butter & sugar. Whenever I make plain white rice, I like to have some for dessert.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Karin

« Reply #554 on: April 15, 2011, 03:56:54 PM »
LC EFA's dinner sounded quite nice and elegant. 

Not like mine, we just had Banquet fried chicken & tater tots.   :p :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #555 on: April 15, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
I had that in pre-school and day care during the summers. I absolutely love that stuff. Only thing is, the stuff I had was rice, butter & sugar. Whenever I make plain white rice, I like to have some for dessert.

Sounds like rice pudding
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #556 on: April 15, 2011, 09:05:57 PM »
Tonight is Chicken and paneer cheese both cubed and marinated all day in a mix of yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder and garam masala then skewered with slices of bell pepper and grilled until golden brown.

Served over rice with a side serve of peeled and sliced cucumber swimming in the same yogurt mixture noted above.

I want some!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #557 on: May 01, 2011, 04:02:34 AM »
Tonight was haloumi cheese browned and served over a "salad".

Salad was comprised from asparagus, and green beans, fried until warm and slightly soft but still crispy with sliced portabelo mushrooms and quartered tomato, both fried until warm and soft.

I used some caper-lemon dressing over the lot.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »
Tonight iw chicken Kiev (from the Super Target---it was on sale). We're just going to bake it and I'm making some fresh corn on the cob. I'm also going to make a lot of asparagus, as they were having a sale at the local Amish fresh market and I need to use it up before it gets bad. I'll melt a little butter for the asparagus in the pan, then combine with white onions and fresh mushrooms and some fresh taragon from my herb garden. I can't believe how the herbs last here in Florida. I left my herb pots outside all winter and still have the fresh basil, rosemary, tarragon and chives from last year.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #559 on: May 02, 2011, 06:26:14 PM »
Tonight was haloumi cheese browned and served over a "salad".

Salad was comprised from asparagus, and green beans, fried until warm and slightly soft but still crispy with sliced portabelo mushrooms and quartered tomato, both fried until warm and soft.

I used some caper-lemon dressing over the lot.

Hippie

Offline Chris_

« Reply #560 on: May 02, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »
I picked up something called bacon and tomato salad at the deli.  It looks like some kind of macaroni salad.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #561 on: May 04, 2011, 03:03:33 PM »
Pizza from "The Hideaway".
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #562 on: May 04, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »
Ranch style beans out of the can and a cold beer.

mmm mmmm

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #563 on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:40 PM »
I had lasagna, iced tea and a Klondike Bar for desert.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #564 on: June 19, 2011, 07:56:42 PM »
You too? :lmao:

I skipped the iced tea.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #565 on: June 19, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
Grilled everything.  Chicken, sausage, and my own harvested corn and zucchini. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #566 on: June 19, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »
T-bone and french fries.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #567 on: June 19, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
Buffalo chicken pizza. It was tasty. But not as tasty as my girlfriend's fettuccine Alfredo that we had last night. She spices it up somehow (not sharing the recipe with me) and it's freaking awesome. One of the upsides to dating a Jewish-Italian girl from New York.  :yahoo:
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #568 on: June 20, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »
Left over night. Lasagna, mashed potatoes. thick slices if Ham, some chips. Iced tea...and another Klondike bar. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #569 on: June 20, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »
Left over night. Lasagna, mashed potatoes. thick slices if Ham, some chips. Iced tea...and another Klondike bar. 

Just curious.  What did YOU do for the Klondike bar?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #570 on: June 20, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
I had some small chunks of tenderloin beef calling my name, so I did a very simple marinade and let 'em soak for about an hour, then mounted 'em on bamboo skewers with chunks of bell pepper, red onion, yellow and red pepper, and grilled it all.

Did up some sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms for a veggie of sorts, and that's what we had tonight.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #571 on: June 20, 2011, 08:58:46 PM »
BF baked some FANTASTIC french baguettes this weekend.  I toasted a bit with a little cheese.  WOW!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #572 on: June 20, 2011, 08:59:23 PM »
A cup of soy sauce, a tablespoon of sugar, and a little ginger = instant Chinese takeout.

I'm having some sort of frozen turkey dinner.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #573 on: June 23, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »
Just curious.  What did YOU do for the Klondike bar?
I lurked at the DUmp. Yeesh. Time for another Klondike Bar.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #574 on: June 23, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »
SR grilled some chicken legs. I made a salad that I saw in today's Sarasota paper---it was so simple. You take 2 cans of garbanzo beans, drained, dice 2 whole tomatoes, 1/2 chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tbsp of lemon juice (I had bottled lime juice in the house and used that) and 1/2 cup feta cheese. I didn't have the feta cheese, so sprinkled in a bunch of parmesan cheese. You add salt and pepper and it's delicious and easy to make. I had a half avacado, so diced that into it, too.

I also sauteed some fresh broccoli, mushrooms, red onion and red pepper. I put a peanut sauce on it that I got at Whole Foods. It was very tasty.