Author Topic: Whats for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 330817 times)

Offline cavegal

Re: Whats for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #375 on: August 30, 2010, 12:44:30 PM »
Boneless country style ribs slow cooked in the crockpot then simmered in BBQ sauce for a couple of hours.
Yummy! 

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #376 on: September 01, 2010, 08:13:48 PM »
BBQ chicken pizza.  I've never tried California Pizza Kitchen before.  Smells good -- still wonder how it will taste.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #377 on: September 01, 2010, 08:15:48 PM »
Chicken on pizza is ooky.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

« Reply #378 on: September 01, 2010, 08:22:15 PM »
No it isn't.  It's tasty and delicious. :hammer:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #379 on: September 01, 2010, 08:28:35 PM »
Pepperoni goes on a pizza.  Chicken goes in a pot pie. Get your frozen dinners straight.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

« Reply #380 on: September 01, 2010, 09:14:42 PM »
Meh.  Pretty bland.  I could have saved myself a few bucks and bought a frozen cheese pizza and cooked up some chicken, red onions, and barbecue sauce myself.

Offline debk

« Reply #381 on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:53 PM »
Meh.  Pretty bland.  I could have saved myself a few bucks and bought a frozen cheese pizza and cooked up some chicken, red onions, and barbecue sauce myself.

Um, yeah...I figured that out too. I do buy the little ones, when they are on sale, that are the spinach and onion. Add a bit of garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and they aren't bad.

I've been to a CA Pizza Kitchen....in Atlanta? and it was ok, but having heard about it for years how great it was, I was disappointed. Dang expensive too!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #382 on: September 01, 2010, 10:45:05 PM »
Chicken on pizza is ooky.

Buffalo chicken pizza...  :yum:

I had pizza tonight as well. Just plain cheese. Went to a new pizza place over on Fry Street with a bunch of people after the Hillel meeting tonight, so it was fun.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #383 on: September 02, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »
I've been to the CPK in University Park, TX. It's okay. There are a couple of local joints here in OKC that are better.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #384 on: September 02, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »
I am going to pull a lasagne out of the freezer I made a few weeks ago for the times I don't feel like cooking. Add fresh garlic bread yummy quick meal
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #385 on: September 02, 2010, 08:41:47 PM »
Fried catfish, french fries, cole slaw, beans, etc. at a new joint called "Catfish Cove". Not too bad really.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #386 on: September 02, 2010, 08:51:39 PM »
Popcorn.  Too damn tired to cook.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #387 on: September 03, 2010, 09:21:08 AM »
Popcorn.  Too damn tired to cook.

Didja drink that beer I left for you?

It was the least I could do.

Hell, I woulda called Domino's before nuking some popcorn. Day-um. (We have a Domino's in this town of 11K, but they don't deliver since we're 1 mile outside the town limits.)   :rotf:

Hmmmmm. Popcorn. Buttered and salted, I hope......
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #388 on: September 03, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »
Didja drink that beer I left for you?

It was the least I could do.

Hell, I woulda called Domino's before nuking some popcorn. Day-um. (We have a Domino's in this town of 11K, but they don't deliver since we're 1 mile outside the town limits.)   :rotf:

Hmmmmm. Popcorn. Buttered and salted, I hope......

I got the beer, and thanks!  It was White Cheddar popcorn in a bag.  I had that with the beer.  For dessert, I had a cookie and some milk. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #389 on: September 03, 2010, 10:35:54 AM »
I got the beer, and thanks!  It was White Cheddar popcorn in a bag.  I had that with the beer.  For dessert, I had a cookie and some milk. 

Thank God. I was beginning to worry.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #390 on: September 11, 2010, 05:59:55 PM »
Eel roll and tuna roll.  And beer. :yum:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #391 on: September 12, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »
Crab cake appetizers (made from crab I bought while down at Red and Scoobie's place last weekend), BBQ (not grilled, Thor) ribs, homemade mac and cheese, and grilled veggies and salad.

Shall I include a picture later?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #392 on: September 12, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »
Last night sauteed scallops, with zucchini and rice pilaf. Fresh baked french bread, and a nice cold Riesling.

Learned a new trick.  When you take a pan of brownies out of the oven, put a candy bar on top, let it melt, and then spread evenly.  Holy moly!

Offline debk

« Reply #393 on: September 12, 2010, 09:40:44 AM »
Last night sauteed scallops, with zucchini and rice pilaf. Fresh baked french bread, and a nice cold Riesling.

Learned a new trick.  When you take a pan of brownies out of the oven, put a candy bar on top, let it melt, and then spread evenly.  Holy moly!

Do you add chocolate chips and pecans to the batter? If not, try it....it's wonderful. I also will add those little Kraft caramel balls sometimes. Taste treat sensation!!!  :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #394 on: September 12, 2010, 09:43:24 AM »

Do you add chocolate chips and pecans to the batter? If not, try it....it's wonderful. I also will add those little Kraft caramel balls sometimes. Taste treat sensation!!!  :drool:

Chips yes, pecans no.  BF doesn't like nuts in brownies.

Offline debk

« Reply #395 on: September 12, 2010, 09:47:04 AM »

How does he feel about caramel? Ever since I tried the caramel, if I make them without M's asking how come I didn't put them in. Who knew? :whatever:

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #396 on: September 12, 2010, 09:48:59 AM »
Looks promising.  I will try it next time. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #397 on: September 12, 2010, 08:51:34 PM »

He ain't right in his head. Brownies ain't brownies unless they've got nuts in 'em.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #398 on: September 12, 2010, 08:54:43 PM »
My SIL cooked Shrimp Fettucini for lunch and saved desert for dinner, brownies and cherry vanilla ice cream.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:58:30 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #399 on: September 12, 2010, 08:56:05 PM »
He ain't right in his head. Brownies ain't brownies unless they've got nuts in 'em.

I know, right?????