Author Topic: Whats for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 331403 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Whats for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #1125 on: August 27, 2013, 12:17:07 AM »
Went to the local Mexican restaurant for dinner.

The chicken flautus and refried beans were excellent.  This place is really good... I need to go more often.  They put a queso blanco sauce on the beans to keep them from drying out.  Tasty stuff.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

« Reply #1126 on: August 28, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »
Just made cobbler this afternoon... blackberry, blueberry & raspberry, slightly tart. Whipped cream or ice cream to go on top.

Kid is working, M's been running all over the countryside this today, I'm kind of pulling a semi- all nighter on reports.

Everyone's on their own for din-din... I made the dessert.  :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1127 on: August 29, 2013, 01:37:28 PM »
Just made cobbler this afternoon... blackberry, blueberry & raspberry, slightly tart. Whipped cream or ice cream to go on top.

Kid is working, M's been running all over the countryside this today, I'm kind of pulling a semi- all nighter on reports.

Maybe din-din is the dessert.  :-)

(It sounds wonderful. Love me some cobbler -- any ol' fruit will do.)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #1128 on: August 29, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »
What do you feel like ?
I feel like...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GdiNk3-IPE[/youtube]

Do the chicken dance !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline debk

« Reply #1129 on: August 29, 2013, 05:32:18 PM »
Maybe din-din is the dessert.  :-)

(It sounds wonderful. Love me some cobbler -- any ol' fruit will do.)

Din-din was the cobbler! Warmed up with whipped cream.  :drool:

I have the absolute easiest (and best) recipe for cobbler. I buy those big bags of frozen mixed berries at Sam's. Shake out a bowl full ('bout 4c), sprinkle with  about 1.5c sugar, couple tablespoons of corn starch, and some lemon juice - about 1 tablespoon,  and let it sit on the counter to thaw. [ if using peaches, no lemon juice, 3 Tbls of cinnamon, 1 tsp of clove - suit to your taste]

Melt butter in a baking dish (after fruit is thawed), 1.5 sticks of butter (this is for a lasagne pan size).

In bowl mix 2c sugar, 1 1/3c flour, 2 tsp baking POWDER, 1/4 tsp salt, 1.5c milk. (for a berry one, I add about 2 tsp lemon juice). Whisk it all together, and carefully pour in the middle of the butter. DO NOT STIR. Carefully spoon the fruit into the middle - again - DON'T STIR.

Bake at 350 until browned on top...this will be at least 45-60 minutes.

I have always used fresh peaches, but I think I'm going to try frozen ones. I hate peeling anything, and peeling a a dozen or so peaches - :banghead: 

Using the frozen berries, not counting the time they sat on the counter which was probably about 20-30 minutes, while I went back to work... took all of maybe 10 minutes to get together.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #1130 on: August 30, 2013, 06:27:44 AM »

It's the time of year for fresh berry desserts!

Tonight's dinner: KC Strip steaks on the grill, steamed broccoli with white Cheddar cheese sauce, and Big Dog's Berry Boat.

Big Dog's Berry Boat

Ingredients:
One pound cake, whole, refrigerated for 24 hours
1 lb fresh strawberries, chopped
1 lb fresh raspberries, crushed
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup raw sugar
2 cups whipped cream

1. Using a spoon, scoop out the top half of the pound cake, leaving a rim around the cake to create a "boat" shape. (Save the removed cake with leftover berries and cream for a midnight snack)

2. Mix chopped strawberries, crushed raspberrries, lemon juice, and sugar. Let stand 10 minutes, stir again.

3. Fill the "boat" with berry mixture. Top generously with whipped cream.

4. Serve with remaining whipped cream available to top individual servings.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Karin

« Reply #1131 on: August 30, 2013, 10:23:15 AM »
Sounds like a hell of a dinner.  What time should I be there?

Obumazombie, I'd forgotten all about that "Chicken Tonight" stuff.  As I recall, it was vile.    :lmao:

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #1132 on: August 30, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »
Sounds like a hell of a dinner.  What time should I be there?

I'd break out a good bottle of red wine, and make coffee with dessert, if you came over for dinner.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #1133 on: August 30, 2013, 11:01:15 PM »
I had a great dinner last night in Evil Conservative's neighborhood last night. I took a co worker there for his birthday.

I had fish and chips, it was great. Lightly breaded bass. My co worker had a huge Gyro. We also split an order of wings.

EC had talked about how great the place was, and she was correct.

http://www.rounderslv.com/menu/

Offline debk

« Reply #1134 on: August 31, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »
I had a great dinner last night in Evil Conservative's neighborhood last night. I took a co worker there for his birthday.

I had fish and chips, it was great. Lightly breaded bass. My co worker had a huge Gyro. We also split an order of wings.

EC had talked about how great the place was, and she was correct.

http://www.rounderslv.com/menu/

OH.MY. GOSH.

That menu looks awesome and I only read the first page on the website!!!  :drool:

Prices seem extremely reasonable... very small portions?

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #1135 on: August 31, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »

OH.MY. GOSH.

That menu looks awesome and I only read the first page on the website!!!  :drool:

Prices seem extremely reasonable... very small portions?

Left with a take home box. Too much to eat.

Offline debk

« Reply #1136 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »
Left with a take home box. Too much to eat.

Wonder if they would deliver to ETn?  :drool:

Offline CG6468

« Reply #1137 on: August 31, 2013, 02:31:46 PM »
Going to my favorite watering hole tonight for their Hawaiian night. I'll ger my regular pizza and not the pineapple, etc. pizza.

Then a Jimmy Buffet sounding band!

:drool:  :yahoo:
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #1138 on: August 31, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »
Going to my favorite watering hole tonight for their Hawaiian night. I'll ger my regular pizza and not the pineapple, etc. pizza.

Then a Jimmy Buffet sounding band!

:drool:  :yahoo:

Sounds fun.

Pizza sounds good.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #1139 on: August 31, 2013, 04:07:03 PM »
I plan to have a GFT!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #1140 on: August 31, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »

Offline CG6468

« Reply #1141 on: September 01, 2013, 10:10:01 AM »
:cheersmate:

There was great free food, free beer, a good crowd, it didn't rain, and the band was superb!

Offline debk

« Reply #1142 on: September 02, 2013, 03:46:05 PM »
Pork tenderloin with hot pepper peach sauce, buttered noodles, steamed broccoli with lemon butter and lemon pepper, Caesar salad, and Sister Schubert rolls...

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #1143 on: September 02, 2013, 05:13:50 PM »
Hey Hey Hey!  Out running errands and stuff today..biersmythe and I get a ring from the neighbor to drop by her house on the way home.  Got two plates of chicken, jambalaya, corn, GREENS and a roll. 

Oh yeah.   :drool:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Karin

« Reply #1144 on: September 04, 2013, 03:56:56 PM »
That menu at Rounders looks SO GOOD.  I'd want to go like every night. 

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #1145 on: September 05, 2013, 06:31:59 AM »
That menu at Rounders looks SO GOOD.  I'd want to go like every night. 

I want to go back soon.

Wednesday night I made chicken tacos for dinner, they were tasty!

Offline debk

« Reply #1146 on: September 05, 2013, 10:30:48 AM »
M hurt his back yesterday afternoon, and I'm super stressed trying to do reports with the new MLS system we have (the old one went away on Tuesday morning and the new one went into effect the next minute or so...will all the problems and no back up!!!  :censored: )

We were in need of comfort and the Hershey Almond bars that I have been devouring weren't cutting it.. so I made brownies last night.

M says he can tell my stress level by my chocolate intake.... the brownies are a pretty good indicator....

Chocolate brownies with Hershey syrup, semi sweet chocolate chips, chunked pecans. Put half the batter in the pan, drizzled caramel ice cream topping over the batter ( normally make my own, but this was in the refrigerator), dumped the rest of the batter on top.

When they came out, I put Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips over the top. Let them melt, then spread them out.
Then covered the whole top with a can of Duncan Hines Creamy Milk Chocolate Frosting that was in the cupboard.

I slept sooooo well last night.  :yahoo:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1147 on: September 05, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »
M hurt his back yesterday afternoon, and I'm super stressed trying to do reports with the new MLS system we have (the old one went away on Tuesday morning and the new one went into effect the next minute or so...will all the problems and no back up!!!  :censored: )

We were in need of comfort and the Hershey Almond bars that I have been devouring weren't cutting it.. so I made brownies last night.

M says he can tell my stress level by my chocolate intake.... the brownies are a pretty good indicator....

Chocolate brownies with Hershey syrup, semi sweet chocolate chips, chunked pecans. Put half the batter in the pan, drizzled caramel ice cream topping over the batter ( normally make my own, but this was in the refrigerator), dumped the rest of the batter on top.

When they came out, I put Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips over the top. Let them melt, then spread them out.
Then covered the whole top with a can of Duncan Hines Creamy Milk Chocolate Frosting that was in the cupboard.

I slept sooooo well last night.  :yahoo:

Jeezus. No wonder you slept well. You were in a sugar-induced coma.   :coffee:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline debk

« Reply #1148 on: September 05, 2013, 02:11:11 PM »
Jeezus. No wonder you slept well. You were in a sugar-induced coma.   :coffee:

Whatever works!!

This new mls system is killin' us. I know it will be great when all the kinks are out, but in the meantime, it royally sucks.

We had a month to look at it, but it was not really working because so much info was not transferred until Labor Day. It went into effect on Tuesday morning, at the same time the old one went kaput.

It still isn't  working properly. Got an email this morning that it will be next Tuesday before one feature will work. Not a real big issue for my needs, but still it's just one more issue.

:censored:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #1149 on: September 05, 2013, 02:31:36 PM »
This new mls system is killin' us. I know it will be great when all the kinks are out
That's when they will decide to update it again. :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.