Author Topic: never let a crisis go to waste...  (Read 1837 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

never let a crisis go to waste...
« on: May 29, 2014, 09:01:34 PM »
Waves of immigrant minors present crisis for Obama, Congress

Tens of thousands of children unaccompanied by parents or relatives are flooding across the southern U.S. border illegally, forcing the Obama administration and Congress to grapple with both a humanitarian crisis and a budget dilemma.

An estimated 60,000 such children will pour into the United States this year, according to the administration, up from about 6,000 in 2011. Now, Washington is trying to figure out how to pay for their food, housing and transportation once they are taken into custody.
  http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/28/us-usa-immigration-children-idUSKBN0E814T20140528

you ****ers in washington created this mess by passing the dreamers act.  Don't even think of sticking us with the bill to pay for their care and feeding.  SECURE THE ****ING BORDERS!

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
Re: never let a crisis go to waste...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
I still am not sure why no President has had the balls to create a border lined with M240's and .50 Cal's.  I promise they would stop coming after a few were shot. I find nothing inhumane about protecting our borders, most other countries do.  A few warning shots, if they keep coming shoot them.  Why is that so ****ing hard?

I heard a liberal say one time it would be against the Posse Comitatus Act.  For you lurkers that would be using the Military against our on citizens... obviously if they are sneaking across our border they aren't citizens.

Oh wait, you libs don't care about Posse Comitatus when your guy is in the White House do you?

Directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities,” was issued Dec. 29, 2010, and states that U.S. commanders “are provided emergency authority under this directive.”

“Federal military forces shall not be used to quell civil disturbances unless specifically authorized by the president in accordance with applicable law or permitted under emergency authority,” the directive states.

“In these circumstances, those federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the president is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances” under two conditions.

The conditions include military support needed “to prevent significant loss of life or wanton destruction of property and are necessary to restore governmental function and public order.” A second use is when federal, state and local authorities “are unable or decline to provide adequate protection for federal property or federal governmental functions.”

“Federal action, including the use of federal military forces, is authorized when necessary to protect the federal property or functions,” the directive states.
Military assistance can include loans of arms, ammunition, vessels and aircraft. The directive states clearly that it is for engaging civilians during times of unrest.

"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman