Author Topic: 2012: the William Rivers Pitt award (Alan Grayson)  (Read 7751 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
2012: the William Rivers Pitt award (Alan Grayson)
« on: December 20, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
Congratulations to Alan Grayson, the winner of the 2012 "Willie," the William Rivers Pitt award for the DUmmie who’s done excellent work in enhancing the good name and reputation of Skins’s island!

The race for this award wasn't even close, the winner far outpacing his major competition, the big guy in Bellevue and poor stupid Beth.

Previous winners of the "Willie" were nadinbrzezinski in 2011, Bouncy Ball and William Pitt (tie) in 2010, and TomInTib in 2009, the first year of the award.

This newest winner of the "Willie" has graced the list of Top DUmmies only once before, in 2011, when he won the "Anne," the Anne Pritchett award for the DUmmie most likely to be seen as a winner by the primitives, but as a loser by decent and civilized people, an honor he shared with the bobbolink primitive the same year.

Other than that, he’s never even made the top twenty DUmmies of any year, and so he’s practically a new face here.

In 2008, newcomer Alan Grayson defeated his Republican opponent 52-48%, but in the Republican landslide of 2010, he was defeated by another Republican candidate 38-56%.  In the meantime, Florida was compelled to create additional congressional districts, and in the elections of this past November, Grayson defeated a Republican candidate 63-37%.

One of course hopes it’s another two-year flash-in-the-pan.  We’ll see.

Alan Grayson, 54 years old and an attorney, is a congressman from Florida; up until the recent elections, he’d been an ex-congressman from Florida, a status many of us wished he’d kept.  Married with five children, in 2010 he had a minimum net worth of $31,410,000; a multi-millionaire.

That vast fortune however never inhibited him from begging for campaign contributions from the primitives on Skins’s island during those two years he was out of office, 2011-2013.  At first, some willing primitive posted the fund-raising appeals, but since the then-ex-congressman was a registered member of democratic underground, one wondered why he didn’t post such appeals himself.

This year, he finally did get around to doing the job himself, although he wasn’t fooling anybody; after all, he’s too important to do such menial things.  It’s true that fund-raising appeals were made on Skins’s island under his screen-name, “Alan Grayson,” but probably some flunkie in his law offices had to write and post them.

A typical idiot ex-congressman appeal for campaign funds, from Skins’s island August 29, 2012:

Alan Grayson (206 posts)   August 29, 2012, 03:59 PM

Badge of Honor: Sarah Palin Says Grayson “Spews”

Fox News pays Sarah Palin $1 million a year to pretend to remain relevant. That works out to something like $50,000 per blather. Good work, if you get it.

To fulfill that onerous contractual obligation, Palin recently appeared on Greta Van Susteren’s propaganda-fest, “On the Record.” To be fair, Van Susteren does a great job of keeping a straight face, which can be quite challenging when Sarah Palin is your guest.

Failin’ Palin wanted to rev up that old right-wing indignation machine, so this is what Palin said to Van Susteren:

“Name one prominent Republican who even comes close to what the Alan Graysons, the Joe Bidens, the Harry Reids come up with and spew to the American public. I can’t think of one prominent Republican who talks the way that they talk.”

Frankly, we think that the term “spew” seems a bit harsh. It’s more like a gentle flow of genuineness, a steady stream of simple truth.

Now, as for Ms. Attila from Wasilla, it’s tempting to compare whatever she says to a babbling brook. But in her case, “spew” is a better description. As well as “excrete,” “disgorge,” “ooze,” “discharge,” “expel,” “erupt,” “gush,” and “spit up”. Because as Jon Stewart quickly pointed out on The Daily Show, regarding Palin’s interview, people who live in glass houses should not throw grenades.

After quoting Palin, Stewart asked, “Are the Republicans really in the moral high-ground position on the issue of divisive anger and hate vis-à-vis their opponents? . . . Are Republicans really that blind to the depths of their own vitriol?”

Stewart then ran clips of these Palin verbal cow-patties, as well as others:

10/4/08 - “Our opponent {Barack Obama} is someone who sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists.”

3/17/10 - “They are like a bunch of dead fish.”

8/1/11 - “{Arizona Governor} Jan Brewer has the cojones that our President does not have.”

6/15/12 - {In President Obama’s autobiography there is} “all that pot-smoking and that cocaine-snorting and what he ate: Fido.”

6/29/12 - “Nancy Pelosi is a dingbat.”

And then, of course, there was that time when Palin came to Orlando to campaign against Alan Grayson in 2010, and the sum and substance of her critique was to call Grayson a “jackwagon.”

You can add to the list of Alan Grayson’s accomplishments this very important one: Alan Grayson seems to drive Sarah Palin crazy. Or crazier. Even more crazy.

Please show your support for Alan Grayson, the Anti-Palin. Refudiate her!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/125180214

A neat little trick there; the phrases in blue in the comment link to the rich man’s fund-raising site.

And he did it often.

There’s much in the archives of the DUmpster about the moonbat soon-to-be-again congressman, and it’s suggested one take a look-see to at least read the titles, to get an idea why this clown was a favorite of Cryano, the “Cyrano” primitive (also known as Oscar Wilde or the large-proboscised primitive).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:35:03 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Charles Henrickson

Re: 2012: the William Rivers Pitt award
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »
Alan "Dick" Grayson, a worthy winner of the Willie.

"Oh, wow, we've got an actual CONGRESSPERSON here with us on DU!"

No, you don't, DUmmie! He's just scamming you for some money with his digital form letter that he sends out to all the prog blogs. Don't you get it when "Alan Grayson" posts some tough-sounding liberal spiel that includes an appeal for funds?  And then "Alan Grayson" never responds to your comments and questions downthread? No, you don't get that, do you? You poor saps!
Co-host (with PJ-Comix) of the DUmmie FUnnies, both on Free Republic and at the DUmmie FUnnies' own blogspot.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »

Alan "Nuts" Grayson will not yield his Willie to another!
Co-host (with PJ-Comix) of the DUmmie FUnnies, both on Free Republic and at the DUmmie FUnnies' own blogspot.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 04:24:29 PM »

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:33:40 PM »

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 04:41:02 PM »

Look for his picture in the dictionary next to the term "meathead"
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 04:45:27 PM »
I remember his posts. He NEVER engaged DU in any conversation. NEVER answered a question.
All he did was start a thread and ask for money.

Of course no DUmmy ever called him to the carpet. DUmmies are in full elitist worship mode. Its how liberals prefer to lead, the elite are never questioned, are above the law, and are always worshiped.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »

"Thank you! Thank you all! Thank you all so much! Please, really, be seated. . . . Thank you. Wow, winning the Willie. . . .
I've got to tell you, I have received many honors and awards in my life, and this is certainly one of them!
No, really! You're too kind."

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 05:03:20 PM »
Of course no DUmmy ever called him to the carpet. DUmmies are in full elitist worship mode. Its how liberals prefer to lead, the elite are never questioned, are above the law, and are always worshiped.

Some are not fit to live their own lives and wish for a king.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »

Alan "Nuts" Grayson will not yield his Willie to another!

Is it just me or does he look a bit Hitleresque in that picture?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
I tweeted out news of Alan Grayson's historic win:

https://twitter.com/wo4tg/status/281904394742665216
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 05:41:39 PM »
The only guts Grayson has are the ones hanging over his belt.

Loudmouth loony.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »
The only guts Grayson has are the ones hanging over his belt.

Loudmouth loony.
Lonny.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
I remember his posts. He NEVER engaged DU in any conversation. NEVER answered a question.
All he did was start a thread and ask for money.

Odds are it isn't even him, but some unpaid intern.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »
Odds are it isn't even him, but some unpaid intern.

By the way, you live way down there, in Florida.

Where's this clown's district?

The eastern coast, the western coast, the panhandle?

Where is it, roughly, from say, Jacksonville?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
I got this from the DUmp.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »
I can't believe he won, trying to sound like a leftist, it isn't fair that someone famous and rich beat out poor non-famous folk.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 08:57:50 PM »
I can't believe he won, trying to sound like a leftist, it isn't fair that someone famous and rich beat out poor non-famous folk.

Yeah.

I so wanted poor stupid Beth, the second runner-up to get it.

In a pinch, I would've settled for the big guy, the runner-up.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 10:07:31 PM »
It's good that he won.

He'll probably put it in the Congressional Record.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 12:08:04 AM »
Perfect choice for abject failure considering how the Dump sees teh pitt.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 05:39:47 AM »
By the way, you live way down there, in Florida.

Where's this clown's district?

The eastern coast, the western coast, the panhandle?

Where is it, roughly, from say, Jacksonville?

Jacksonville is in the north east coast of FL, his district is dist 9 and it is on the west coast of FL about midway from North to South.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida%27s_9th_congressional_district
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 05:45:26 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida%27s_9th_congressional_district

Thanks.

I always use Jacksonville as the point of reference for Florida, to irk primitives who think Miami's all there is to Florida.

It looks as if the winner of the Willie's the flyarm primitive's congressman.

The Leona Helmsley of DUmmieland actually lives most of the time in her Streisandian digs up in New Jersey, but claims Florida as her residence because of lower taxes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
What was most memorable and most nauseating when Grayson posted at the DUmp, was the slobbering, snivelling, asskissery that the DUmmies displayed when his unpaid intern posted his begging letters. 

"So happy to have you here with us, Mr. Grayson!!  You should run for president!!!!  You're the best!!!!"

Me, I treat my congressman like a slightly stupid employee with performance problems.  Which is exactly what he is. 

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Re: 2012: the William Rivers Pitt award (Alan Grayson)
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 01:28:28 PM »
in 2010 he had a minimum net worth of $31,410,000; a multi-millionaire.

And the cheap bastard doesn't even have a donor star at the site from which he's trying to fleece money. 
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: 2012: the William Rivers Pitt award (Alan Grayson)
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 01:30:17 PM »
And the cheap bastard doesn't even have a donor star at the site from which he's trying to fleece money. 

Oh man, I never noticed that, but you're right.
apres moi, le deluge