Author Topic: New DHS rules cancel deportations  (Read 2144 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

New DHS rules cancel deportations
« on: August 18, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »
The Homeland Security Department said Thursday it will halt deportation proceedings on a case-by-case basis against illegal immigrants who meet certain criteria such as attending school, having family in the military or are primarily responsible for other family members’ care.

The move, announced in letters to Congress, won immediate praise from Hispanic activists and Democrats who had chided President Obama for months for the pace of deportations and had argued he had authority to exempt broad swaths of illegal immigrants from deportation.

“Today’s announcement shows that this president is willing to put muscle behind his words and to use his power to intervene when the lives of good people are being ruined by bad laws,” said Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, Illinois Democrat.
source
No, it's more like good laws are being ruined by bad people like rep gutierrez who seems to have more of an interest in the rights of illegal aliens than he does for the rights of legal U.S. Citizens.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:47:06 PM »
The chief law enforcement officer in the nation is not enforcing the nation's laws. Isn't this an impeachable offense?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »
The chief law enforcement officer in the nation is not enforcing the nation's laws. Isn't this an impeachable offense?

If we hadn't been living in Bizzarro World for the last 2-1/2 years, it would be.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline sybilll

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 05:51:18 PM »
Can this please be put on the front page so everyone can see it?  I came here to post this.  My blood is boiling, and I truly think this gives rise to bring articles of impeachment.  I'm so angry that I need to regroup and revisit this later. 

Offline true_blood

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »
“Today’s announcement shows that this president is willing to put muscle behind his words and to use his power to intervene when the lives of good people are being ruined by bad laws,” said Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, Illinois Democrat.
All this coming from the democrat of ILlinois. Bad laws?! Isn't it called, illegal? Illegal means, not legal Gutierrez.
Let me tell you something Gutierrez. Get your shit together and start working FOR America and not AGAINST America, you jack ass! :bird: