Author Topic: 2011 posts that stand alone  (Read 31550 times)

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Re: 2011 posts that stand alone
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »
bluestate10  (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-05-11 03:09 PM
Response to Reply #2
12. Agreed. Unless Palin mistakes the nuclear button for her makeup
 Edited on Sat Feb-05-11 03:10 PM by bluestate10
compact, we can just wait her out. I would not advocate coming up with frivolous reasons to remove her from office like wingnuts do to democratic Presidents.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x355462

Anybody want to reflect on the Bush years??

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2011, 04:37:20 PM »
Hello_Kitty  (1000+ posts)        Thu Feb-10-11 02:16 PM
Response to Reply #20
36. It's sad how you equate sex with objectifying women.
 It must be so frustrating to you when the walking ****holes (AKA women) insist on having opinions and expressing them and even have the audacity to consider themselves to be fully human.

The nerve of them!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x387385

Um....you'd have to go up from that post to find context. It's pretty much about objectifying women, a thread about PETA, and a banned Superbowl ad with PETA models scrtewing cabbages. I'll let you readers play with this comment, thread.

However, I have never, ever, EVER, until I had been to the DUmp, heard women refered to as "walking **** holes." Even in sarcasm, that's pretty freaking nasty. And she can't pull off sarcasm very well. Contempt...she has down pat.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »
babsbunny   (1000+ posts)           Sun Feb-13-11 08:56 PM
Original message
Egyptian Revolution and the oncoming Mercury-Mars Conjunction

http://hogueprophecy.com/2011/egyptian-revolution-and-t... /

Awesome! The P.S. from this article;

PS — Political upheaval is not only the dominion of the Middle East. Read Predictions for 2011 to find out in detail how the Mercury-Mars conjunction will define the domestic political debate in America between Democrats, Republicans, the Tea Party and President Obama. America also, stands on the edge of a knife. Find out just how potentially near a street revolution in America may be.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x410946

Is this under the new or old zodiac?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2011, 10:25:16 AM »
Well, I don't see our posts that stand alone thread so I'll put this here;

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x503117

Fuzz  (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-24-11 09:40 PM
Original message

I can't for the life of me figure out how 'conservatives' have convinced working people

to continue to vote against their own interests year after year. Instead of seeing benefits union members may get as something every working person in this country deserves, they would rather take it away from people because 'I don't have it, why should they'.

Instead of being angry at the Wall Street banks who gambled and lost their 401k and pension (if they even had one) money and then bailed out with our tax money, the conservatives have convinced them that their neighbors and kid's teachers are the ones who are stealing all the money.

How the hell? Honestly I don't get it.

Hey Fuzz.  Who is trying to take what from whom??

We've been saying this for years!  All you DUmmies ever talk about is how you can take MORE from the rich because you don't have it!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »
Yeah, them unions are great, asshole. I got farmed out to the Electric Company up here once. Their maintenance men couldn't read a set a prints to save their life, so I was sent over to take care of it.

Yeah, them guys was great! Smoke break every 45 minutes or an hour, bullshit sessions, took two of 'em to read a tape measure, my bets were they never knew which end of a hammer to use until I showed 'em, yeah they was great! Every time I'd get into "my" work mode, they sent somebody by to slow me down so I wouldn't make them look like the public leeches they were!

Yeah, them unions is great!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jukin

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »
Best line I've heard/seen:

"First they came for the right to retire after 25 years on full salary, lavish benefits, and COLAs."

Since I did not retire after 25 years on full salary.....

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »
They just don't get it, I don't feel like I'm owed anything by anybody, and I'm tired of paying for people who are ungrateful spoiled brats who feel they're owed something.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »
Well, I don't see our posts that stand alone thread so I'll put this here;

I think it's in the DUmping Ground, the forum above this one.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »
They just don't get it, I don't feel like I'm owed anything by anybody, and I'm tired of paying for people who are ungrateful spoiled brats who feel they're owed something.
"Beer and travel money are due."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2011, 12:38:22 PM »
For just the raw hypocrisy of this here goes:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=115x276060

Feel the burn baby, feel the burn!! :nelson:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2011, 09:48:28 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x520333

Hundreds rally to 'Save American Dream'

boston bean Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Feb-27-11 08:57 AM
Original message

Video at link below:

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - Hundreds rallied on the steps of the State House in Providence Saturday as they stood behind their fellow protestors from Wisconsin.

The Rhode Island Teacher's Union marched to show support for their Wisconsin colleagues vying to keep their collective bargaining rights and to preserve the American dream.

"We're not gonna let them take away collective bargaining from us...it is time for every worker and every person in America to stand up and fight corporate greed," urged one protestor Saturday.

The rally was part of a national effort organized by MoveOn.org which spanned across all 50 state capitals.

Mixed in among the crowds were Providence teachers who protested the recent firing of some 2,000 teachers in the district.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/hundreds-rally-...

You would think that the 2K affected teachers would have showed up for the protest. Then the headline would have read "Thousands rally to Save American Dream."
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »

boston bean Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Feb-27-11 08:57 AM
Original message

The problem with you asshats is, you've lost understanding of what the American Dream is!

It is not sittin' on your ass waitin' for someone else to furnish it for you. Until you understand that, you slugs are on the way out!

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »
From the following thread:  On Oscar night, 82,000 will be sleeping on the streets of LA, the nation’s epicenter of homelessness:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x518536#518958

K8-EEE Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Feb-27-11 12:59 AM
Response to Original message
48. The Oscars does not create homelessness. The film industry = UNION JOBS

We in L.A. have a huge homeless population every day, not just Oscar night. The Academy Awards is a great booster for one of the last American industries that makes a product people buy world wide, and one that pays its people well.

You might think of the stars attending the awards but believe me upstairs there are the craftspeople behind the scenes who have worked hard at their craft to be an Academy member, who are NOT rich or famous. Case in point: my husband and I will be up in the cheap seats tomorrow!

Also many people in the film industry are huge supporters of liberal causes and Democrats. So I don't really like this implication of "Oscars are bad because there are poor and homeless people."

From the queen of thread hijacking  :lmao::

bobbolink Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Feb-27-11 01:11 PM
Response to Reply #48
75. Let us know when unions decide to get active in solving the homelessness epidemic.

Edited on Sun Feb-27-11 01:12 PM by bobbolink
It is off-topic for you to come here on a thread about homelessness and talk about UNIONS. There is an overwhelming number of those threads, and you can discuss it there.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2011, 12:22:59 AM »
Good Grief Bobo! Do ya ever back off for even a second? uh, just for yucks, what part of the population of LA is 82,000? .01%?

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2011, 02:33:27 AM »
Good Grief Bobo! Do ya ever back off for even a second? uh, just for yucks, what part of the population of LA is 82,000? .01%?

Allo, you and I both know Bobo does what she can for her people herself.  :lmao:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2011, 08:40:26 AM »
HopeHoops  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-28-11 09:35 AM
Original message
Glenn Beckkk has his head so far up his ass he needs a window in his stomach to look out.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x527679

Sorry. Doesn't make sense, DUmb shit. Since um....even with a window in the stomach, you STILL couldn't see out for light. Seems like a fairly stupid thing for me to bitch about, I know, but in the thick of the crap us Wisconsinites are in, I'm sick of DUmbasses. For Christ's sake. They may as well stick the Gitmo detainees in the Capitol building, and lock the doors.

I tell you, this is absolute torture!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »
They may as well stick the Gitmo detainees in the Capitol building, and lock the doors.

The Gitmo detainees would be a better form of pond scum. 

(To any pond scum that may be reading this message, I don't want to insult you--DUmb****s are below you.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2011, 03:04:16 PM »
Walldude posts this news story:
walldude  (1000+ posts)        Tue Mar-01-11 03:18 PM
Original message
Tenn. bill would make following Shariah a felony
 So this is how it's going to be. Illegal to be a Muslim. Who's next?

"Tennessee is considering making it a felony to follow some versions of the Islamic code known as Shariah, the most severe measure yet put forth by a national movement whose members believe extremist Muslims want Shariah to supersede the Constitution."

This reply is posted:

Drale (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-01-11 03:29 PM
Response to Reply #2
5. No more tea baggers if thats the case as well
 That also means Glen Beck would be arrested the second he stepped in tennessee?
:mental:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2011, 03:24:23 PM »
Senate Bill 1028, which is co-sponsored by state Sen. Jim Tracy, R-Shelbyville, is designed to protect Tennesseans, "including those who engage in the peaceful religious worship of Islam" from radicals, according to Ketron.

He singled out Carlos Bledsoe of Memphis, who said he was following "jihad" when he killed a serviceman at an Arkansas Army recruiting station.

Ketron stated that the bill is modeled after the federal Material Support law, which has been upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court as constitutional.  It has three key provisions:

•It gives the attorney general authority to "designate" a "Sharia(h) organization" as one intent on engaging in Shariah jihad through violence or criminal activity

•It defines material support as the flow of financial or material support or advice for terrorism and states that those who back a terrorist organization can be prosecuted, fined or imprisoned for 15 years.

•It also provides for civil action against terrorists if a person is injured or suffers property or financial damage in an act of terrorism
The Tennessean
SB 1028

Beyond scoring political points, I honestly doubt walldude really cares what happens to Muslims in America (and the rest of the world as well).

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 08:09:52 PM »
Where's the law to ship every one of these sum bitches who want Sharia" back to the hell hole they came from? That's the bill I wanna see!

What the **** is wrong with these people? They're country is bein' invaded by a culture that would cut off their heads, and they don't see it!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 08:02:14 AM »
I didn't know about this until I heard it on the radio this morning, but Senator Ketron is from Murfreesboro where a group is building a mosque community center.  Back in January, they buried a dead body on the property without a death certificate or approval from the state, and without following any state codes for burial (you don't put a dead body in the middle of the water table) so they could consecrate their mosque community center as a holy site. 

I've barely been able to find any mention of it in the local media outside of a couple of mentions in passing, as if burying a dead body on your property was something that happened every day.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »
I didn't know about this until I heard it on the radio this morning, but Senator Ketron is from Murfreesboro where a group is building a mosque community center.  Back in January, they buried a dead body on the property without a death certificate or approval from the state, and without following any state codes for burial (you don't put a dead body in the middle of the water table) so they could consecrate their mosque community center as a holy site. 

I've barely been able to find any mention of it in the local media outside of a couple of mentions in passing, as if burying a dead body on your property was something that happened every day.

Well, it used to be a fairly common practice. There are all kinds of family burial plots dotted across Kansas. Of course it hasn't been practiced since somewhere around 1950. Someone found out the water next door started tastin' funny! Imagine that?

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2011, 06:10:44 AM »

I'm sure if you notify the "Tennessean", they'll report it asap. :whistling:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2011, 06:44:04 PM »
Capitalocracy   (1000+ posts)             Sat Mar-05-11 07:34 PM
Original message
How's this for an idea? Corporations can't spend more on political speech

than they pay in taxes.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x567404

How's this for an idea?  Unions can't spend any more on campaigns than what they pay in taxes.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »
ieoeja (1000+ posts)           Fri Mar-04-11 12:00 PM
Response to Reply #45
67. And AngryAmish does not strike me as being skilled at reading comprehension.

"Teachers make people smart," is not the same as, "teachers are smart."
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x555280

WTF?