Author Topic: Arizona Regains Footing in Legal Battle Over Immigration Law  (Read 2012 times)

Offline cavegal

Arizona Regains Footing in Legal Battle Over Immigration Law
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:56:42 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/11/judge-dismisses-challenge-ariz-immigration-law/

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton's ruling on Friday struck down the federal government's challenge to the portion of the law that prohibits the transport of illegal immigrants.

It also rejected a challenge from Phoenix police officers and an advocacy group called Chicanos Por La Causa who argued that the cops could be sued for racial profiling if they enforced the law or lose their jobs if they didn't.

Bolton agreed with Arizona that they had no valid claim of immediate harm.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline true_blood

Re: Arizona Regains Footing in Legal Battle Over Immigration Law
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:27:55 PM »
 :-)
Love it. That's the way it should be. Countries have borders for a reason.

Offline ndh777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:05:38 PM »
That is great news!

Let it be known that we, well most of us anyway, are not against immigration or Hispanics! We are against ILLEGAL immigration.

This law that Arizona was trying to put through is fine by these standards too. They have a problem with Hispanics being the illegal immigrants there more than any other ethnicity. If Canadians were a problem with illegal immigration for Washington and other Canadian border states, would people be outraged if they put in a law to check for all "white people" because white people are the majority of Canadians? No, so why are people over this law?

I love immigrants! Just come here legally. People from other areas are fascinating, always such polite people, lovely stories to share...for the most part of immigrants, I just ask that they come here legally so that we can be protected from diseases, such as the Swine Flu, and our government can check to ensure that you are not a criminal escaping the law and a potential threat to other Americans.

Thought I'd give my two cents lol
"Give me liberty, or give me death."

My personal blog-
htttp://ndh777.blogspot.com

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 09:53:29 AM »
That is great news!

Let it be known that we, well most of us anyway, are not against immigration or Hispanics! We are against ILLEGAL immigration.

This law that Arizona was trying to put through is fine by these standards too. They have a problem with Hispanics being the illegal immigrants there more than any other ethnicity. If Canadians were a problem with illegal immigration for Washington and other Canadian border states, would people be outraged if they put in a law to check for all "white people" because white people are the majority of Canadians? No, so why are people over this law?

I love immigrants! Just come here legally. People from other areas are fascinating, always such polite people, lovely stories to share...for the most part of immigrants, I just ask that they come here legally so that we can be protected from diseases, such as the Swine Flu, and our government can check to ensure that you are not a criminal escaping the law and a potential threat to other Americans.

Thought I'd give my two cents lol

And a very astute two cents it is.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 10:10:15 AM »
Great news! :cheers2:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.