Author Topic: GOV'S HY-PAY-CRISY  (Read 687 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
GOV'S HY-PAY-CRISY
« on: February 16, 2009, 07:24:03 AM »
Since David Paterson has been mentioned on threads here at the Cave, I thought I'd post this here.

GOV'S HY-PAY-CRISY

STAFFERS GET SECRET RAISES AMID 'FREEZE'

Fredric U. Dicker EXCLUSIVE

Last updated: 2:30 am
February 16, 2009
Posted: 1:59 am
February 16, 2009

ALBANY - Gov. Paterson has secretly granted raises of as much as 46 percent to more than a dozen staffers at a time when he has asked 130,000 state workers to give up 3 percent pay hikes because of the state's fiscal crisis, The Post has learned.

The startling pay hikes, costing about $250,000 annually, were granted after the governor's "emergency" declaration in August of a looming fiscal crisis that required the state to cut spending and impose a "hard" hiring freeze.

One raise was approved as recently as last month - when Paterson claimed the budget deficit had reached an unprecedented $15.5 billion.

The raises, which have stunned the few state workers who know about them, are outlined in data obtained from the office of state Comptroller Tom DiNapoli, prepared at The Post's request.

Two of the raises were tied to publicly proclaimed promotions - granted despite the supposed hiring freeze - of some of Paterson's most important appointees, although the announcements didn't include disclosure of the pay hikes.

I knew of this for a while, actually--it's been one of those "open secrets" in Albany.  It was a matter of time before it came out--and there's a tad more to come, which will happen in due time . . .  :naughty:

The link to the rest of the story:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02162009/news/columnists/govs_hy_pay_crisy_155409.htm
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Re: GOV'S HY-PAY-CRISY
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »
Oh, do tell, do tell.