Author Topic: Mouse issues  (Read 3066 times)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
Mouse issues
« on: February 01, 2008, 12:57:49 PM »
The ball on my mouse keeps getting stuck. What can I do to clean it without ruining it? TY.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Mouse issues
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 01:13:20 PM »
The ball on my mouse keeps getting stuck. What can I do to clean it without ruining it? TY.
I use rubbing alcohol and have never had problems. Check the wheels inside the mouse -- there should be two bar-type wheels and one (or more) wheel-type wheels.  That is usually where the problem is.

Or, invest the 10 bucks and get an opti mouse.  I haven't had a ball-mouse in about 3 years.  They are all in my "Land of Misfit Technology"
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 01:38:38 AM »
It worked, thanks!

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »
I use rubbing alcohol and have never had problems. Check the wheels inside the mouse -- there should be two bar-type wheels and one (or more) wheel-type wheels.  That is usually where the problem is.

Or, invest the 10 bucks and get an opti mouse.  I haven't had a ball-mouse in about 3 years.  They are all in my "Land of Misfit Technology"

I use to spend hours de-linting the little bars in the days before ball-less mice.  Now I have a different question:   I have a machine running XP Home with IE6 and several profiles ( all with admin ).  On one of the profiles the mouse ( optical ) hangs or makes random moves, much like when the bars would get funky.  The other profiles do not experience this problem.  Short of a profile-ectomy any suggestions? The profile in question has my primary mail account.  Cookies are gone as are all temp internet files I can find.  It has been scanned with three different scanners and is germ free..... 

< watch this space for coming distractions >