Author Topic: DUmmies already giving up on the blue wave  (Read 1631 times)

Offline DUmpDiver

DUmmies already giving up on the blue wave
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:21:39 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142114650

DonViejo (45,808 posts)

Republicans upbeat about November elections despite Trump-Putin uproar
Source: Reuters

JULY 20, 2018 / 6:06 AM / UPDATED 2 HOURS AGO

James Oliphant

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Republicans at a conference in Texas this week had reason to feel downcast, even panicky as President Donald Trump’s meeting with Russia’s Vladimir Putin provoked broad outrage and revived talk of a Democratic wave in November’s congressional elections.

Instead, party officials voiced optimism about maintaining control of both the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives this autumn, saying the Democratic Party’s messaging and internal struggles were helping boost Republican prospects.

“They’re their own worst enemy, and I’m very comfortable with that,” said Terry Lathan, chairwoman of the Alabama Republican Party.

In interviews with Reuters, attendees at the Republican National Committee meeting in Austin said pressure from progressives challenging the Democratic old guard following Hillary Clinton’s defeat in the 2016 presidential election had forced many Democrats to adopt more left-leaning positions.

joshdawg (1,478 posts)

3. Maybe they know that the "fix" is already in?

duforsure (2,600 posts)

4. Because they probably got assurances putin would

rig them for them again, and with trumps help from their meeting. That's how putin and trump are trying to keep them from switching from putins party over against them to the Democrats party and would undermine their power.

eShirl (15,763 posts)

6. Because Putin will be here to personally supervise the election-****ing.

mindem (1,010 posts)

7. They are already rigging the election

and they know the repub party has the full support of Soviet Russia. They know how to cheat and they are not afraid to do it.

Offline SVPete

Re: DUmmies already giving up on the blue wave
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »
joshdawg (1,478 posts)

This dude should start a blog, call it InstaConspiracyTheory (apologies to Glenn Reynolds).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »
joshdawg (1,478 posts)

“There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, there’s no evidence that that has happened in the past or that it will happen this time, and so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and make his case to get votes.”
BHO- 2016, before Hillary lost.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 08:58:10 AM »
From what I've seen that the Dims are going to run on this year...it'll be a blue flush.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 09:19:11 AM »
From what I've seen that the Dims are going to run on this year...it'll be a blue flush.

The tidy bowl man has and will be busy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »
Setting up the talking points already.  Democrats are going to lose yet again, so it must be stolen, disenfranchisement, gerrymandering, the litany of pathetic excuses.  Losers gotta blame something.  Typical of denial.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 10:07:38 AM »
Yep, "Damn that gerrymandered Senate!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »
Ah, the new narrative emerges.

Quote from:
You know, in addition to all of the stuff going on that the Democrats are trying to do to paralyze Trump and his presidency and to disqualify it, to cast aspersions and clouds over it, and in the process really do great damage to the overall integrity, do you realize, as far as many Americans are concerned, every election going forward is now gonna be tainted, depending on who wins and loses it?

If the Democrats win, everything’s gonna be fine, you’ll never hear a word about tainted elections. In fact, the next time the Democrats win the House or win the Senate, pray tell the White House, you’re probably gonna hear one of two things. “Yeah, the Russians were still trying to help the Republicans, but we found out about it this time, and we were able to overcome it. And the Russians are gonna be trying in every election. But we Democrats have found a way to beat ’em back. Vote for us. We can control the Russians. We’re not in bed with ’em,” blah, blah.

The other possibility is that the Democrats win an election then that’s gonna be it; there won’t be any talk of the Russians meddling or colluding whatsoever. We won’t even hear a word about it. But when they lose, when they lose, it can’t be because they have been rejected by voters. No, there has to be some nefarious reason. There has to be tampering. There has to be meddling. There has to be collusion. And in the process, they have done a great job of making so many millions of Americans question the integrity of elections now.

The rest of the Democrat base has, believe me, the combined IQ of less than that of a pencil eraser. And I’ll guarantee you that every one of those people, every election they lose, are now gonna believe that it was rigged even though it’s the Democrats that rig elections. Hillary Clinton versus Crazy Bernie. But even outside the Democrat base, people that are not particularly partisan or aligned partisan way with either party, they’ve heard enough of this that every election, particularly this one coming up, the 2018, no matter how they turn out, whether anybody publicly says anything or not, whether the Democrats or the media says anything, people are still gonna wonder, was the election legit?

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/07/19/the-left-is-undermining-the-legitimacy-of-elections/

The attitude of "If we win it was the will of the people, and if we lose it's because we were cheated" has been their talking points for years now. The Russian twist occurring now, and likely continuing way past Trump, would definitely be the updated version. That is, until they come up with the same narrative but with a different twist.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:41:59 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 01:52:39 PM »
You need more truth in your political advertising, promising free this and free that with $15.00 minimum wage.

Those of us with a working brain it is all bull shit promises that can never be done. You have no Idea how much it will cost or how to pay for it.

Paying $15.00 wages then taxing them at $14.95 doesn't work
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 06:57:09 PM »
Ah, the new narrative emerges.

The attitude of "If we win it was the will of the people, and if we lose it's because we were cheated" has been their talking points for years now. The Russian twist occurring now, and likely continuing way past Trump, would definitely be the updated version. That is, until they come up with the same narrative but with a different twist.

It is interesting,the Democrats claimed that Russianinfluenced the election by posting information online. However, there was actual proof that illegal immigrants were encouraged to vote, that democrats voted on behalf of dead people, and that democrats voted multiple times, and yet the actual voting fraud doesn’t seem to bother democrats, just the facts that some non Americans created popular content online that may have changed a few people’s minds on political issues. Also, there were click bait articles targeted at both Democrats and Republicans, yet somehow the Democrats seem to think that only the Republican ones might have had an influence. 🙄

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 08:49:13 PM »
Blue ebb tide.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 04:15:07 AM »
Which direction does the blue flush turn?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 09:52:49 AM »
Depends if you're looking up or down.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »
are you north or south of the equator?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 02:48:59 PM »
joshdawg (1,478 posts)

This dude should start a blog, call it InstaConspiracyTheory (apologies to Glenn Reynolds).

We should admit it -- we're busted.

Lurking DUpipo, it is true.  The fix is in.  You don't have a chance.  Give up and give in.  Your assimilation will be almost pleasant once you realize the futility of resistance.

We will find useful work for you.  You will serve us.  You will come to love us, your overlords.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 02:52:47 PM by freedumb2003b »
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 02:34:38 PM »
Tidy Bowl anyone?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 02:42:31 PM »