Author Topic: The case of the AR-15 and the vaporized hog  (Read 11218 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
The case of the AR-15 and the vaporized hog
« on: February 23, 2018, 08:20:58 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210282059

Posted without comment because I know whats good for me.

Fri Feb 23, 2018, 08:28 PM
joem777 (22 posts)

My experience with the ar15. I learned my lesson
Just wanted to share my experience with the ar15 and how it changed me. If you feel the need to tell me how horrible of a person I was or am after reading it, feel free to do so I deserve every bit of it.

Trigger warning, this post contains graphic hunting content.

I've always been a strong advocate in eating as much organic food as I can. I started hunting deer and wild pigs to put organic meat in the freezer, wholefoods is just too expensive and I can't afford their organic meat. I always used a Winchester lever action 30-30 to hunt with, never had an issue with clean harvests and minimal meat damage.

Early last summer I was reading an article in field and stream (a fishing and hutning magazine) about the 223 ar15 and how great it was for hunting. I (now regretable) went out and bought one along with some 55gr soft point bullets.

Fast forward to last sept, I went out on a pig hunt with that ar15. After many hours of stalking I finally got an oppertunity at a large hog that was at least 280 pounds (estimated from my previous hunting experience). After I setteld in for the shot and took it at 90 yards with open sights I went to retrieve my pig. What I witnessed later changed my life for ever. The pig was virtually vaporized, the only things that were left were guts and a small part of the hind quarter. I literally cried and sobbed for a good hour. How did I get to the point where I got radicalized by a magazine and went out and bought such a powerful weapon of war? Especially since my trusty lever action 30-30 was doing the job without vaporizing pigs.

Two weeks after that I was successful in finding a gun buy back being run by a police department 200 miles away. I called and ask them to reassure me that the weapon would be destroyed, they did. $ I got $100 for the ar15 (I paid $700). I don't care about the money that I lost honestly, I just wanted it gone and feeling emmotional every time I looked at it.

I'm so tramutized by my experience that I have been unable to return hunting and or eat red meat. Lets just say I've been eating a lot of soy tofu lately. I actually started doing yoga as well to help me cope and it has been amazing, although I do get some weird looks from all the women there. Still own my Winchester 30-30 along with a 6 shot revolver from the 1960's. Like I said before I learned my lesson.

Response to joem777 (Original post)Fri Feb 23, 2018, 08:39 PM
Star Member enough (10,415 posts)
3. Thank you for writing this. It's interesting how it parallels the narratives of
people working in emergency rooms and of combat veterans.

Response to joem777 (Original post)Fri Feb 23, 2018, 08:47 PM
Star Member Phoenix61 (3,706 posts)

8. Not trying to tell you what to do but
post this everywhere! People do not understand what that weapon of war does. I had a dumbass last night tell me that the AR-15 does less damage than a Glock. WTF!!! His theory was it's a higher power bullet so it flies through a human body doing less damage than the Glock. Maybe somebody who still owns an AR-15 could shoot a pig and post the video on YouTube. I know it's cruel to the pig but maybe then people would ****ing get it. Bless you for having the gun destroyed. And yes, yoga rocks. I always liked it when guys would come to yoga class.
PS Thanks for sharing

Response to joem777 (Original post)Fri Feb 23, 2018, 09:14 PM
RandomAccess (2,358 posts)

18. I could hug you

I see a number of naysayers, but I have no reason not to believe you. I've also read the accounts of several ER doctors who worked on the Parkland kids last week. What I remember most is a shot to the liver did so much damage "there was nothing left to repair" so it became a fatal wound.

I'm really sorry you were traumatized, but I'm so glad you've shared it with us and hope you'll share it with others too. MANY, many others.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Re: The case of the AR-15 and the vaporized hog
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 08:45:38 PM »
I've had about all I can stand from these folks who don't have the first clue what they're talking about.  This gun thing has brought out more idiocy than anything I've ever seen.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 08:57:37 PM »
Holy shit, that was funny.   :rotf: 

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 09:03:32 PM »
These retards never disappoint.  One small glance into basic chemistry and mechanical containment with access to household common oxidizers and fuel, bad things can easily be made to happen.  Such pedantic retards they are.

The retarded left is redundant.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 09:23:18 PM »
How come none of the kids that have been getting shot have been vaporized?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 09:27:52 PM »
Fri Feb 23, 2018, 08:28 PM
joem777 (22 posts)

My experience with the ar15. I learned my lesson
Just wanted to share my experience with the ar15 and how it changed me. If you feel the need to tell me how horrible of a person I was or am after reading it, feel free to do so I deserve every bit of it.

Trigger warning, this post contains graphic hunting content.

I've always been a strong advocate in eating as much organic food as I can. I started hunting deer and wild pigs to put organic meat in the freezer, wholefoods is just too expensive and I can't afford their organic meat. I always used a Winchester lever action 30-30 to hunt with, never had an issue with clean harvests and minimal meat damage.

Early last summer I was reading an article in field and stream (a fishing and hutning magazine) about the 223 ar15 and how great it was for hunting. I (now regretable) went out and bought one along with some 55gr soft point bullets.

Fast forward to last sept, I went out on a pig hunt with that ar15. After many hours of stalking I finally got an oppertunity at a large hog that was at least 280 pounds (estimated from my previous hunting experience). After I setteld in for the shot and took it at 90 yards with open sights I went to retrieve my pig. What I witnessed later changed my life for ever. The pig was virtually vaporized, the only things that were left were guts and a small part of the hind quarter. I literally cried and sobbed for a good hour. How did I get to the point where I got radicalized by a magazine and went out and bought such a powerful weapon of war? Especially since my trusty lever action 30-30 was doing the job without vaporizing pigs.

Two weeks after that I was successful in finding a gun buy back being run by a police department 200 miles away. I called and ask them to reassure me that the weapon would be destroyed, they did. $ I got $100 for the ar15 (I paid $700). I don't care about the money that I lost honestly, I just wanted it gone and feeling emmotional every time I looked at it.

I'm so tramutized by my experience that I have been unable to return hunting and or eat red meat. Lets just say I've been eating a lot of soy tofu lately. I actually started doing yoga as well to help me cope and it has been amazing, although I do get some weird looks from all the women there. Still own my Winchester 30-30 along with a 6 shot revolver from the 1960's. Like I said before I learned my lesson.

Dafuq did I just read?  A .223 doing more damage than a 30-30 (.309 dia)???  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 09:32:46 PM »
Dafuq did I just read?  A .223 doing more damage than a 30-30 (.309 dia)???  :banghead:

Gotta be somebody from arf screwing with them.

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 10:35:45 PM »
Not my mole.   :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 10:46:57 PM »
 :mental:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Holy shit!  OMG that’s hilarious!!  That post should go viral to warn errybody!!!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 10:47:11 PM »
280 lbs of pig- larger than most men (non-DUmpmonkiez that is) VIPERIZED by a .223 softpoint round from an AR-15 at 90 meters.

the 30-30 round, which is .30 cal compared to the .223 cal, a larger round, doesn't VAPORIZE pigs...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

OMG.... they are just ****ing idiots....
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 10:50:29 PM »
Annnd, it's gone.   :rofl:

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 11:32:54 PM »
Idiots postulating!  It's been a very entertaining week.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 03:05:41 AM »
5.56 is not a big round at all. If it vaporized a hog I'm impressed and an idiot.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 06:03:50 AM »
 :rotf:  :owned:  :owned:  :owned:  :owned:  :owned:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 06:34:33 AM »
Trigger warning, this post contains graphic hunting content.  Very thoughtful to add a  trigger warning when talking about guns!  :thatsright:

I've always been a strong advocate in eating as much organic food as I can. I started hunting deer and wild pigs to put organic meat in the freezer, So he goes out and kills Bambi and PPPPporky pig.
:loser:

In reality the only way  this happened is if he was using an M16 with a M203 grenade launcher attached.

Not only is he stupid, he believes all the other dumpers are just as stupid to believe it.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 06:47:52 AM »
:loser:

In reality the only way  this happened is if he was using an M16 with a M203 grenade launcher attached.

Not only is he stupid, he believes all the other dumpers are just as stupid to believe it.

Notice this:

joem777 (22 posts)

I suspect that "joem777" was mining DU-folks' credulity. And struck gold.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 07:14:35 AM »
Annnd, it's gone.   :rofl:

I was kindof expecting that to happen...  it WAS a bit obvious

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 07:43:36 AM »
280 lbs of pig- larger than most men (non-DUmpmonkiez that is) VIPERIZED by a .223 softpoint round from an AR-15 at 90 meters.

the 30-30 round, which is .30 cal compared to the .223 cal, a larger round, doesn't VAPORIZE pigs...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

OMG.... they are just ****ing idiots....

They actually believed it.  Completely uninformed and ignorant. These are the people who want to take your guns. :censored:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 07:57:34 AM »
What's I find really funny is in one breath they claim the AR to be as powerful as this. Then when you remind them what the 2nd amendment is about you get this, "so your going to fight government tanks with your little pea shooter" !
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline hillneck

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 07:58:34 AM »
There's soooo much stupidity in that post, it doesn't even rate a response, but I can't help myself.  To the lurking DUmmies just do a search on your beloved interweb on the ballistics of the different rounds.  It's just not possible to do what this idiot has stated.  There's a reason most state game commission's have caliber restrictions for hunting big game and normally the .223 or 5.56 do NOT make the grade.   :banghead:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 08:36:35 AM »
What's I find really funny is in one breath they claim the AR to be as powerful as this. Then when you remind them what the 2nd amendment is about you get this, "so your going to fight government tanks with your little pea shooter" !

That's a recurring maneuver with leftists.  Back when AIDS was the big cause with them, they would go on and on about how Ronald Reagan had never uttered the word AIDS and about how we were all going to be dead of AIDS in 10 or 20 or whatever number of years if Reagan wouldn't institute some sort of Manhattan Project to fight AIDS.  But if anyone said that AIDS was dangerous and that AIDS patients should be quarantined so that everybody wouldn't be dying of AIDS in 10 years, the leftist AIDS activists said that it is darn near impossible to get AIDS, that someone would practically need to have AIDS infected blood poured into their mouths before they caught it.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »

Hell no, you do like the Hungarians did in the 50's. You use molotov cocktails to light them up then gun them down when they climb out.  :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »
Here it is.
My handheld peeeg disrupter.  :lmao:

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 12:17:21 PM »
Reading the OP in Jim Nabor voice makes it perfect.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 01:10:15 PM »
The newer AR-15's turn hogs into BLT's instantly.  There's an app.  You just have to bring the bread, lettuce and tomatoes.