Author Topic: Any weapon that has the words military, assault, attached to it must be banned.  (Read 4012 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
shockey80 (663 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210247398

Any weapon that has the words military, assault, attached to it must be banned.

They are for military use only, Its that simple.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The retard is obviously taking about the AR-15 style rifles.

Just a hint: AR doesn't stand for Assault Rifle... it stands for Armalite- the company who built the first ones in the 1950s.

Armalite was incorporated as a division of Fairchild on 1 October 1954. Their first design, the AR1 Parasniper [1] from 1952, used foam-filled fiberglass furniture and a composite barrel using a steel liner inside an aluminum sleeve. This was little used, but when they were asked to compete in a contest for an aircrew survival rifle their AR-5 and AR-7 designs from 1956 saw production use. This was followed by an invitation to compete for the new combat rifle for US forces, which led to the AR-10. The AR-10 lost the 1957 contest, but many of its ideas were reused in the smaller and lighter AR-15.

Star Member Blue_true (3,531 posts)

1. Only certain police officers should have them and never as personal weapons. nt

:whatever:

Star Member SunSeeker (27,610 posts)

25. Well, calling it a Sporting Rifle makes the microdick gun nuts think they're athletes.

I think they should be required to call it the "Rambo Wannbe Child Killer Rifle"

:thatsright:

ProudLib72 (7,079 posts)

3. That infringes on my god given rights to play army man

and, hence, make up for my inadequacies.

shockey80 (663 posts)

4. Congress must past laws that label them.

This is not rocket science. We are being stupid because we are letting extremists and greedy assholes control the gun debate. Every one knows what a military assault rifle is, they know what it is for.

:banghead:

Star Member Aristus (41,224 posts)

35. That's why the gun-****s are so feverishly trying to get us to stop

calling them"assault rifles".

They blather on and on (and on and on and on and...) about barrel length, grip length, magazine capacity, anything they can think of that sounds technical enough to lent weight to a stupid argument.

The most ludicrous result of their argument is that they want a weapon that can kill large numbers of people very rapidly with minimal re-load time, but they don't want it to have a scary name...

kind of like he pro-abortion folks... oh, I mean pro-choice...  :whatever:

sarah FAILIN (2,022 posts)

41. That is not all.

There are other guns that have the same capacity to kill and can hold the same clips, but don't look like anything more than an old 22 rifle I have for critter control on my land. We have to go after clip sizes, not what a gun looks like. This is what the did in 85. Nothing over 15 rounds I think.

:rotf:

Star Member Skittles (118,204 posts)

61. so SICK of the gun humping apologist cowards

**** THEM ALL

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Delmar

Banning guns isn't going to happen.  Got that, lurking shitgibbons?

Something that would help is if society would start stigmatizing creepy weirdoes instead of coddling them.  I'm not talking about eccentrics or harmless goofballs, I'm talking about antisocial, hostile, creepy weirdoes--like the creepers at democrat underground immersing themselves in political assassination fantasies.  That's the type I'm talking about.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

Well then! Ban Assault Rocks and Military Sticks! Or howzabout banning Military shockey80?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

The most ludicrous result of their argument is that they want a weapon that can kill large numbers of people very rapidly with minimal re-load time, but they don't want it to have a scary name...

Rental trucks have zero reload time, no scary name and can kill lots of people quickly.  :-)

Offline SVPete

Well then! Ban Assault Rocks and Military Sticks! Or howzabout banning Military shockey80?!

:thatsright: Let's declare DU an Assault Forum and ban it. :thatsright:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 04:55:33 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

Simplistic and pointless "solutions" for simplistic and pointless people.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
Label their welfare and SSI "assault checks"  and watch how fast they backpedal.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Old n Grumpy

Star Member SunSeeker (27,610 posts)

25. Well, calling it a Sporting Rifle makes the microdick gun nuts think they're athletes.

I think they should be required to call it the "Rambo Wannbe Child Killer Rifle"

"Rambo Wannbe Child Killer Rifle"  is to big to fit in box #25 the model designation on the 4473. :thatsright:

Oh, and sunseeker, ESAD :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Look up Kunming attack, DUmbasses.

Ok  now what is it we need to ban?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Banning guns isn't going to happen.  Got that, lurking shitgibbons?

Something that would help is if society would start stigmatizing creepy weirdoes instead of coddling them.  I'm not talking about eccentrics or harmless goofballs, I'm talking about antisocial, hostile, creepy weirdoes--like the creepers at democrat underground immersing themselves in political assassination fantasies.  That's the type I'm talking about.

Good point.
I believe the best way to prevent future mass shootings is a twofold strategy:
1) A widespread information campaign geared around educating the American public on the warning signs that a person may be at risk of committing a violent act, with a particular focus on encouraging them to act and contact the relevant law enforcement agencies if they see or know of someone demonstrating those signs. "If you see something, say something" on steroids.
2) (And this is what I guarantee would have prevented this most recent shooting, which incidentally happened at my best friend's old high school) Enforcing higher standards of accountability on law enforcement personnel to act swiftly and decisively if they receive such a report from someone. A citizen reported Cruz's suspicious behavior to the FBI, yet they did absolutely nothing about it until it was too late.

For an example of how my proposal does indeed work, in 2012, a few months after the Aurora movie theater shooting, someone in Missouri planned to perform a similar shooting at the midnight premiere of 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2.' However, his family noticed him acting suspiciously, did a little digging, realized what he was planning, and ACTED ON IT! They notified the cops, the guy was arrested, his planned shooting never happened, and God knows how many innocent lives were saved.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I had heard that, if the school had notified local LEOs that Cruz had been expelled, he would not have passed the background check.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline YupItsMe

I had heard that, if the school had notified local LEOs that Cruz had been expelled, he would not have passed the background check.

That kid should've never been able to own any gun.  The laws in place failed.  Taking the right to buy guns away from all legal people, would be the Dems ultimate dream.. an unarmed society. It worked so good for all the dictator's in the past. Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao.    Oh and I agree with a previous post.
ESAD Sunseeker.

Offline catsmtrods

It will be a sad day when they do that and these nut jobs are forced to use firearms with real killing power!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies

We have plenty of laws in the books that were not enforced. How about enforcing existing laws?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DumbAss Tanker

They want to take our Swiss ARMY knives!!

:fuelfire:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

We have plenty of laws in the books that were not enforced. How about enforcing existing laws?

Enforcing all the laws we have is cruel and offensive to a lot of people. Therefore they chose to ignore them.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

Exactly.  Had the current gun laws been enforced, none of this would have happened.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
If I were to have an AR-15 (tragically lost in a boating accident), I would name it a piece of Boston Cream Pie.  And if I were to have some 30 round "clips", I would only put two bullets in them.  Thus making them very low capacity.  Problem solved.

Offline Airwolf

They really never think anything out do they? Canada tried to bad "Assault Rifles" and after spending a Billion dollars to put the plan in place very few people turned in their guns. IF the Canadians won't turn in their guns what makes them think Americans will do so outside of the junk guns always turns in to those buy back programs that have been on the wane lately.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

They really never think anything out do they? Canada tried to bad "Assault Rifles" and after spending a Billion dollars to put the plan in place very few people turned in their guns. IF the Canadians won't turn in their guns what makes them think Americans will do so outside of the junk guns always turns in to those buy back programs that have been on the wane lately.

The NJ assault weapons ban took place about the time I moved there.  The total number of outlawed weapons actually registered was about 1 percent of the number estimated to be held in private hands at the time the law took effect.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

The NJ assault weapons ban took place about the time I moved there.  The total number of outlawed weapons actually registered was about 1 percent of the number estimated to be held in private hands at the time the law took effect.

I saw a compliance percentage for NY's "SAFE Act" last week.  I think it was as high as 4%. :whistling:

Chase her.