Current Events > The DUmpster

Primitive takes a baby step towards awareness

(1/2) > >>

Delmar:

--- Quote ---Thu Nov 26, 2020, 01:29 PM
Star Member Drunken Irishman (33,785 posts)

Really disappointed with these Democrats, like Denver's mayor...

Telling people to do one thing and then turning around and doing the exact thing they told their constituents not to do. The Mayor of Denver is particularly egregious after telling the people of his community not to travel this holiday season and then getting on a plane to travel to Mississippi to spend Thanksgiving with his family.

What kind of bullshit is that? Just horrible optics that plays right into the Republicans' hands that Democrats want to lock everyone in but they'll still make exceptions for themselves. You either support urging people not to travel, or host larger family events, and you do so by leading by example, or you don't support any of that. It's that simple.

Jesus why are these politicians so bad at this?
--- End quote ---
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214624309

This is coming from a bonafide primitive of long standing.

--- Quote ---Response to Demonaut (Reply #1)Thu Nov 26, 2020, 01:31 PM
Star Member Drunken Irishman (33,785 posts)
2. Yup. Just baffling he felt he could get away with this.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Response to Drunken Irishman (Original post)Thu Nov 26, 2020, 01:35 PM
Star Member Zeus69 (314 posts)
5. Idiots

They deserve the backlash and fall out.
--- End quote ---

I shouldn't read to much into it--these primitives probably believe that their betters deserve to live by a different set of rules than the plebeians but they just want to take the opportunity to grouse and grumble a little bit to pretend that they still consider themselves free men.

DumbAss Tanker:
They'll get over it.  Their rare lucid intervals seem to pass very quickly.

SVPete:
I'm in a charitable mood, so I'll give Star Member Drunken Irishman .3333 of a kudo (not quite 1/3). While Dem leader hypocrisy is "bad optics", it demonstrates two other much larger facts. Those Dem leaders - and any R leaders who pull the same @#$% - do not believe in the necessity and efficacy of the draconian measures they impose and are arrogant elitist equine-assholes.

And among those arrogant elitist equine-assholes the goobernor of my state, Gavin Noisome, is special. Not only did he knowingly violate the terms of his shutdown, he did it at a restaurant whose lowest priced "tasting plate" is $310 per person. And the bar bill for that party of 22 was $15,000!

USA4ME:
The mayor of Denver is black. Given the current climate, that automatically makes Drunken Irishman a/k/a Sean Reynolds a racist.

Ogre:
I'm not sure if it is "awareness" or more of a broken clock is correct twice a day kind of thing.  Not trying to start an argument, but I really don't believe denizens of the DUmp are capable of self-awareness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version