Author Topic: How can we come together? Can We?  (Read 1618 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
How can we come together? Can We?
« on: February 20, 2018, 02:36:59 AM »
it starts off with the typical DUmpmonkiez whining about how if we could just all see that they are right and switch to being good [D] leftists, maybe this country could be saved...

then there is this post:

Star Member appalachiablue (13,687 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210260607

15. For quite some time I've had concerns about why so many on the left and Dems. seem largely indifferent to the 30-year power and influence of prolific, free Fox TV Stations and RW Hate Radio. Hardly a month passes that the topic doesn't come up in posts, but still nothing happens.

Consolidated extreme right news media controls 96% of the Radio market, 1,500 Stations with 300 Talkers going at it night and day, as one DUer on top of the issue wrote again today.
These ultra conservative radio stations and Fox television are aired all over, easily accessible to millions of Americans in their cars, at hotels, airports, businesses, even dentist offices and on college campuses.

Americans throughout the US now have very few other broadcast news choices, especially in the last five years. Millions of people have been profoundly affected by the lies and hate, many of them for decades. In the last 20 years the internet has also become an outlet including newer venues that promote Alt Right views especially designed to attract young males.

Why has there been no serious effort lately to counter the behemoth which is effective but clearly divisive and dangerous for democracy? Interested individuals and groups with the resources to create alternative, truthful media venues, esp. in broadcast must exist, somewhere. Claims that 'Air America failed' and Nothing can be done, 'wingers don't read' are often heard and unsatisfactory. Similar to comments Re freedom of speech, the FCC, ignoring the Sherman Anti-Trust Act since Reagan, the 1996 Telecom Act.

There must be a way, this can't be insurmountable but what's the obstacle? I really must be missing something significant. Anyway, the entire subject remains puzzling. Thanks and Signing off!

Let's just do away with that pesky Freedom of Speech nonsense...

:whatever:

BlueStater (4,997 posts)

7. I don't WANT to come to together with them.

A national tragedy three times the size of 9/11 couldn't get me behind that digusting human being with the completely unworthy title of "President" or his racist, ass-brained followers.

:mental:

Star Member BigmanPigman (11,425 posts)

17. After I read a DU post a few weeks ago I realized that coming

together is almost impossible. I sent the article to my family and friends and they agreed. The differences are ingrained in then people for generations and will never be swayed. It is long but worth the read.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/insider-explains-rural-christian-white-america-dark-terrifying-underbelly/

::)

Star Member TreasonousBastard (29,170 posts)

20. Somebody was asking that in 1861...

The answer wasn't pretty, but it worked.

Oh, yes. The Republican party fought a war, destroyed the Democratic slave holding south and freed the slaves.

Then a [D] assassinated the President...

:censored:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: How can we come together? Can We?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 06:26:56 AM »
Star Member appalachiablue (13,687 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210260607

Why has there been no serious effort lately to counter the behemoth which is effective but clearly divisive and dangerous for democracy?

I agree there needs to be a much stronger conservative presence to offset the extreme left-leaning bias of the msm.  Fox has been moving leftward for the last 10 years so we need something to counter that as well.

I propose a right-oriented, taxpayer-funded broadcast network that is as big as all the other networks combined.  I will be the arbiter of what is "left" vs "right" reporting.

Thank you for bringing this danger to democracy to my attention dear appalachiablue.  Swift action must follow!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 09:05:49 AM »
There must be a way, this can't be insurmountable but what's the obstacle? I really must be missing something significant. Anyway, the entire subject remains puzzling. Thanks and Signing off!

It should be easy to understand, the majority of people don't agree with your left wing /progressive bull shit agenda.  You have shown yourselves to be a bunch of commies and fascists. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 04:31:13 PM »
"Star Member BigmanPigman (11,425 posts)

together is almost impossible. I sent the article to my family and friends and they agreed. The differences are ingrained in then people for generations and will never be swayed. It is long but worth the read.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/insider-explains-rural-christian-white-america-dark-terrifying-underbelly/"
They've been posting and reposting that same hatemongering BS article over and over again ever since the election. It can be basically summed up as the DUmmies' standard response to the election of President Trump: "Oh, it's not that rural America sees us as a bunch of mean, smug, pretentious, condescending elitist pricks who look down our noses at them, voted against our candidate for that reason, and attempting to appeal to them in the name of unity and address them as our equals could help us win the next elections: It's that we really ARE so much better, smarter, and more enlightened than all those brainless, inbred, racist, gun- humping, Bible- thumping rednecks in Flyover Country, and they're just jealous of us! We should be even MORE mean, condescending, and pretentious towards them as we near the next elections, that's SURE to be the perfect strategy to help us win!"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:05:55 AM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 06:00:14 PM »
Since their version of 'Coming together' involves everyone else offering complete submission to their unchecked authority on all matters, I think we can safely say that isn't going to happen. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 10:23:54 AM »
"Star Member BigmanPigman (11,425 posts)

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/insider-explains-rural-christian-white-america-dark-terrifying-underbelly/"
They've been posting and reposting that same hatemongering BS article over and over again ever since the election. It can be basically summed up as the DUmmies' standard response to the election of President Trump: "Oh, it's not that rural America sees us as a bunch of mean, smug, pretentious, condescending elitist pricks who look down our noses at them, voted against our candidate for that reason, and attempting to appeal to them in the name of unity and address them as our equals could help us win the next elections: It's that we really ARE so much better, smarter, and more enlightened than all those brainless, inbred, racist, gun- humping, Bible- thumping rednecks in Flyover Country, and they're just jealous of us! We should be even MORE mean, condescending, and pretentious towards them as we near the next elections, that's SURE to be the perfect strategy to help us win!"
That is a good summary of the story. I got about 1/3 the way thru the article before I hit the TLDR mark and stopped. I just could not handle the smugness oozing from the article anymore.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 11:03:48 AM »

Your summary is superb, much better than the article.  It's a frickin' strawman Holocaust, and a very long one at that.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 11:50:32 AM »
it starts off with the typical DUmpmonkiez whining about how if we could just all see that they are right and switch to being good [D] leftists, maybe this country could be saved...

then there is this post:

Let's just do away with that pesky Freedom of Speech nonsense...

:whatever:

:mental:

::)

Oh, yes. The Republican party fought a war, destroyed the Democratic slave holding south and freed the slaves.

Then a [D] assassinated the President...

:censored:

Yup I ran across a this very thing not long ago but it comes up frequently, like bad sushi. 

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210274784

No DUmmies of prominence on the thread, basically low throw 'cred seekers.  Point is, it is their nature to believe that only with proper propaganda will they prosper.   But to a Commie, the ends always justify the means.
< watch this space for coming distractions >