Author Topic: DUmmy Checks In From The Frozen Wasteland Of Outer Canuckistan  (Read 931 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Creationismsucks (147 posts)        Sat Jul-18-09 01:11 PM
Original message
Why is there no organized public pressure against Fox News? 

Up here in Canada, if we had a tumor like Fox, spewing bile and lies and filth all day every day the way Fox News does, I'd be happy to organize letter writing campaigns, phone call campaigns, marches, etc, to get them to quit the endless propaganda. For Christ's sake, isn't anyone doing it in the US? If so, why not put more pressure directly on Fox's advertisers?

How can so much of your country be so progressive, but not just make it clear to Fox and their advertisers that this kind of bullshit will harm their bottom line?

And if people ARE doing those things, why isn't it getting any result?

Is it really true that Fox would keep behaving this way, even if advertiser money completely dried up?

Jesus I hate them.

I don't believe Fox News is carried by Canuck cable systems. thee DUmmy relies on the DUmp for a clear picture of America.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6096014
Metta  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-18-09 01:16 PM
Response to Original message
1. Good point. They've consistently abused the public airwaves and the trust that comes with that.
I've often wondered why they're allowed to make up their own "facts."

Cable is not the public airways, but even so, DUmmy Metta should not talk that way about MSDNC.
Jade Fox  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jul-18-09 01:20 PM
3. I think most people believe.....
there is still some sort of effective regulation of the media in the USA. They believe you can't tell blatant lies on the air or someone would stop you.

DUmmy Jade Fox is 100% wrong.
Every time I glance at CNN or MSDNC they are showing the jug-eared Kenyan reading blatant lies from a teleprompter.
nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jul-18-09 01:33 PM
Response to Reply #5
12. Bingo, and they have operated in the red for years, it is only recent
that they got some of the black, and now that ratings have dropped...
It is a propaganda arm... Murdoch and Ailes do not particularly care if they operate at a loss

The stalinist DUmmy nadinbrzezinski is a wise one. She realizes that Rupert Murdoch has never been the kind of guy who cares about whether he makes a profit. He's like Crazy Harry who used to do his own TV commercials: "I don't care about making money. I just looove to sell carpet!"
MADem  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-18-09 01:21 PM
6. We don't want Murdoch to leave.
 His entertainment arm carries Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, etc. And then, there's Cops and America's Most Wanted.
You need to give the idiots a place to play. Live and let live. It's not progressive to stamp out opposing viewpoints.

CBC in Canada has taken it up the wazoo under Harper. Talk about budget cuts! It's all reruns and bullshit, like Russian state television used to be in the Soviet era! All countries have lousy tv stations!

Advertising money won't dry up--there are lots of stupid people who like pretty colors and lipstick and boobs. 

DUmmy MADem has clearly seen the CBC. If we had CBC, there would be no need for Ambien.
But I take great personal offense at the implication that it's just stupid people who like boobs.
Creationismsucks (147 posts)        Sat Jul-18-09 01:40 PM
Response to Reply #9
15. I don't know your constitution well, but 

I don't think this goes "directly to the first amendment".

Telling a business that you are upset by their support for lying hate-mongers, and that you will vote against that support with your dollars is NOT an infringement of free speech. They can still spew their filth all day long, just not on TV.

For Christ's sake, at the RNC and DNC, protesters were made to stand in "free speech zones" where nobody could hear or see them. I'm not even advocating that kind of oblivion for Fox's 'views' and speech. They can still say their vile shit, but if they want to put it on cable, and pay for it with advertising dollars, YOU would be well within YOUR speech rights telling the advertisers that you plan to punish them for supporting a bunch of racist, homophobe anti-democratic liars. 

Cleita  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jul-18-09 01:40 PM
14. The best public pressure would be to turn the channel off.
 However, they seem to appeal to a lot of people and frankly I can't go anywhere in public where there is a TV blaring, like waiting rooms and the gym, where they don't have Fox News on. I don't get it myself because I don't know anybody who likes them or puts them on at home. So I think whoever is promoting them, those puppeteers behinds the scenes running our secret government, are using them as their propaganda outlet, sort of like Hitler took over all the newspapers in Nazi Germany so they would print whatever he wanted them to say. It never used to be this way and decades ago the TVs out in public ran CNN and back then CNN actually broadcasted unbiased new programming based on journalistic principles. Things started to change during the Reagan presidency and the shift to conservatism has brought us where we are today with a minority of hard core conservatives dictating what is and isn't in our society.

DUmmy Cleita is so far divorced from reality that I just have to enjoy it without further comment.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: DUmmy Checks In From The Frozen Wasteland Of Outer Canuckistan
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 01:17:48 PM »
Someone needs to point him to that site.... boycottfoxnews.com or something :lmao:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
One look at the ratings will tell the DUmmies what's up...oh wait, the ratings are made up too,sorry. :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 02:09:08 PM »
IIRC, the only convention that had "free speech zones" was the Democrat National Convention.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 02:51:51 PM »
One look at the ratings will tell the DUmmies what's up...oh wait, the ratings are made up too,sorry. :mental:
These assclowns probably think that nobody actually listens to Rush either. What the primitives fail to realize is that since the Mexican drug cartels and Frito-Lay don't advertise on Fox, their boycott will go completely unnoticed. I'd be willing to bet that Beck, Hannity, and O'Reilly rake in more advertising dough between the three of them than all of CNN and MSNBC combined.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
Up here in Canada, if we had a tumor like Fox, spewing bile and lies and filth all day every day the way Fox News does, I'd be happy to organize letter writing campaigns, phone call campaigns, marches, etc, to get them to quit the endless propaganda. For Christ's sake, isn't anyone doing it in the US? If so, why not put more pressure directly on Fox's advertisers?

That's because in Canuckistan the Government owns the televison and radio and thus...controls the content. It's no different than how the BBC is run in the UK.

This is the U.S. and we have something called the 1st Amendment.

Ask Mark Steyn how fair the journalism laws are in the Frozen North.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 03:00:57 PM »
I'd be willing to bet that Beck, Hannity, and O'Reilly rake in more advertising dough between the three of them than all of CNN and MSNBC combined.

If I remember correctly...they still trail the DNC mouth pieces like CNN and their ilk in advertising income.

The ad agencies are all liberal controlled...which means that FNC has to take a discount on what they can charge for their ad rates.

Rush talked about having to do the same thing for many years after he went national with his radio show.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 03:24:11 PM »
The little mofo is lyin out his ass....Canadians do everythin they can to get US TV....
I lived in ON and they "crave" our TV
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 03:34:33 PM »
The little mofo is lyin out his ass....Canadians do everythin they can to get US TV....
I lived in ON and they "crave" our TV

I've met some people from Ontario, and they are the nicest people I've ever talked to. 

On a side note, they don't like the rest of Canadia either, and NOBODY north of the US border likes Quebec....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »
I suspect these asshats haven't even listened to FOX! Where do they come up with this "lies" bullshit? They pretty much broadcast the same crap as everyone else, they just don't use the left wing slant.

Because they don't disguise it like the alphabets, they must be liars. Good LORD get a frikkin life!!!!!!!! You DUmbasses wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the ass!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 05:47:11 PM »
This Fox News thing is getting boring. As long as people watch it, advertisers will pay to get their product on the station. As long as advertisers continue to fork over money, everyone involved in Fox News gets paid. as long as there is profit, the owners will continue to broadcast the shows they do.

Its just that simple.

The problem is you primitives overestimate your numbers time and time again because you live in such a way that the only people you see and acknowledge are like-minded folk.

The people that voted for Obama doesn't prove your kind are a majority either - as they voted for him for a variety of reasons. Only a small percentage of his votes came from raving moonbats.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »
Quote from:
Cleita

..... back then CNN actually broadcasted unbiased new programming based on journalistic principles.

That must have been the pre-June 1, 1980 CNN.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 06:19:43 PM »
As much as the DUmmies are loath to admit it, Fox is popular.

The reason??? Errrr...people WATCH IT.

Morons.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »
As much as the DUmmies are loath to admit it, Fox is popular.

The reason??? Errrr...people WATCH IT.

Morons.

But how can that be?  Nobody that DUmmie knows watches FNC so how could it be so popular?

:whatever:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 10:04:18 PM »
Face it Fox News is watched the rest of the cable news outlet is losing viewers DUmmies. No matter how you spin it Fox news is the better product. How many times has CBS,NBC and CNN been caught in outright lies in their stories? NBC made up test results on one of their stories to make trucks look more dangerous then they were . CNN broadcasted a story that we used Nerve agents in Vietnam . CBS let Dan Blather broadcast false stories about Bush and his service in the Texas Air Guard. Sorry but there is no excuse for your brand of stupid
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »
I thought that FNC was ILLEGAL to watch up in Canada until CRTC gave a license to Rodgers in 2004.  The CRTC originally gave permission for a local version of Fox News Canada but only with local content--nothing originating outside Canuckistan.  IIRC, a satellite dish that could get FNC was ILLEGAL.

So much for that whole free speech thing, eh?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »
DUmmy MADem has clearly seen the CBC. If we had CBC, there would be no need for Ambien.
But I take great personal offense at the implication that it's just stupid people who like boobs.  

Yesh.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 04:35:07 AM »

I don't believe Fox News is carried by Canuck cable systems. thee DUmmy relies on the DUmp for a clear picture of America.

I believe you can get FNC on sat, but not on cable. Yes, he has a very strong opinion on the nature of FNC's programming for never having ever been exposed to it. Stephen Harper should be very concerned about the bile and lies seeping into his country by DemocraUnderground.